Picky Eater

Marty Joe

DIS Veteran
HiHo all,
I know we're not allowed to take food into the parks... but... my daughter (7yo) will not eat anything but fries, mac&cheese, and pb&j"s (without the j)! What will the parks do if we bring her a couple of peanutbutter sandwiches? Thanks - Marty

Take the sandwiches! We took bottled water, granola bars & crackers for the kids. No questions asked. We saw a few families at MGM sitting down outside ABC Commissary with a pack lunch.

My 4yo is also a PB&J without the J! We do a grocery store run after we settle into the hotel. Last trip I got her those crackers with the peanut butter on them. I forgot if I got the Ritz or the Goldfish ones, but she loves them both. This way, when she wanted junk, I got her to eat them first. At least I felt less guilty.

We carried in fruit snacks, juice boxes, sippy cups, you name it. I have a 4yo and a then 11 month old and had to bring that stuff. Security looked at it all and said nothing.

We buy our fair share of snacks, so I few healthier options don't bother me.

They will say nothing. Atleast they never did to us and they saw the snacks/drinks in our bags each and every time ofcourse.

Our youngest is the same way- atleast she still is now.... might change by then. She's a picky eater and does better with snacking on crackers, crackers with cheese or peanut butter in the middle, PB&J sandwiches and the like. She won't even eat fries and chicken nuggets- so that's not even an option to buy there! Last time we made PB&J sandwiches to take each day- this year I'm going the lazy route (and probably a lot less messy- not dealing with baggies either) and taking uncrustables & packages of crackers to the parks.

She's not as picky on drinks now- so we'll probably just bring a sippy cup and water bottle- and drink mostly water which is better anyway. I don't think we'll mess with taking milk though. She can drink that at meals though. :)

Oh and granola bars are great too. The kids think they are "treats" -but they are better for them than cookies or candy- and unless you get the kind with chocolate in them, they'll do fine in the heat without having to keep them cool till eaten. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter