picky eater

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
My 9 yr old son is a very picky eater. He lives on pasta (but not mac & cheese) and mozzarella cheese. He'll eat plain boiled shrimp, pizza and bar bq chicken. I'm so afraid that he won't find food that he likes to eat and he is not at all the adventurous type. I know that children won't voluntarily starve themselves but sometimes I wonder. :confused3 Any suggestions on safe bets for us to eat?

my children are terribly picky and on top of that we are vegetarian. Nearly all places serve a mickey pizza which is cheese and tomato with ham and I just asked them to leave the ham off before it was cooked - no problem.
Also, everywhere served french bread whilst you were waiting for the meal to arrive so mine filled up on that.

I think you'll find opportunties for food, even with the most fussy.
Pasta, pizza, fries, sandwiches can always be found.
For a look at menus www.dlpfoodguide.com will give an indication at both the fast food and table service restaurants.

Reid

As mentioned above, it won't be a problem at Disneyland.

But in Paris itself, it probably won't be bad, if you don't mind looking around (the same way you would in any American city). It might be worth it to go to a supermarket occasionally to get things for him. If I likes PB&J, perhaps bring some peanut butter from home and then go get some wonderful French bread at a boulangerie. And remember that all of those fancy expensive imported French cookies in the US are common every day normally priced cookies in Paris! :)

It's not unique or anything, but there is an upsale food court (like the ones in American malls) at the Carousel de Louvre, the shopping mall next to the Louvre museum. That might be a good place for you to go. They have a lot of choices there. Actually, although they can be over-priced and not exciting, most of the museum cafeterias or fast-food style restaurants will probably have something he'll like, even if it's just a plain sandwich.

Pizza Mickey is now always without ham. At Backlot Express, they have Pizza Mickey and a delcious "Vegetarian Croque Monsieur": toasted bread with A LOT of cheese, fresh tomatoes and mushrooms. Tasty for a vegetarian (like me)...

That veggie croque monsieur sounds lovely! That's gone on my "to try" list for next time, thanks Raptor!

You don't know the meaning of picky! My partner is the fussiest eater in the world, he wouldn't even eat the BBQ chicken cos it's got BBQ sauce on it! We were fine in the parks. There's a place in Fantasyland called "Au Chalet de Marionnette" that does a fantastic roasted chicken half with chips, it was gorgeous! We ate in Annette's Diner in the Disney Village and managed to order a plain burger (as in bread, meat, bread and nothing else) with a little difficulty, I don't think the French get the concept of plain food!!! But once we got the burgers they were very good, as was the dancing!

Cyrano- thanks for the website. I can't believe walt's has Fettucini Alfredo. That will make his day!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter