Pics of SAB "wet suite" lifeguard!

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Stopped over at SAB and low and behold the infamous "wet suite" on the guy fixing the pool appeared. I did not have the thermometer but it felt a little chilly-apparently to the life guard as well-how sad.

33207SAB1.JPG
33207SAB2.JPG
33207SAB3.JPG

Do you think they will start selling suits like that in the resort gift shops? Cause I might want some for myself and my kids. If they'd get them made with Mickey Mouse on them, they might even be cute? ::MickeyMo

Do you think he noticed you taking his photo?

When you said lifeguard & wetsuit, I was really hoping for a different view.;) Think I'll skip wearing one, not the most flattering look.

keishashadow said:
When you said lifeguard & wetsuit, I was really hoping for a different view.;) Think I'll skip wearing one, not the most flattering look.

LOL! What you said is a lot more tactful than what I was thinking!

DisFlan

Just a minor point, but I don't think that's a lifeguard... looks more like pool maintenance to me. The lifeguards tend to be in the college program and wouldn't be fixing the pool.

I saw light just like the one in the picture being repaired at OKW and the maintenence guy was hanging over the edge of the pool with a lifeguard holding his ankles. I guess OKW goes "old school" and SAB gets the high tech wetsuit repair guy. Not sure who is getting the short stick on this one :)

pouncingpluto said:
Just a minor point, but I don't think that's a lifeguard... looks more like pool maintenance to me. The lifeguards tend to be in the college program and wouldn't be fixing the pool.
::yes::

Regardless of "who" exactly is in the pool, the wetsuit says a lot about the current pool temperatures. It shouldn't really matter who this person is exactly, the fact he NEEDS a wet suit is the issue, jmo.

AM

AMcaptured said:
Regardless of "who" exactly is in the pool, the wetsuit says a lot about the current pool temperatures. It shouldn't really matter who this person is exactly, the fact he NEEDS a wet suit is the issue, jmo.

AM

Exactly, last spring break at OKW nobody would have worn a wetsuit, it was toasty.

pouncingpluto said:

Look in the sky? Is it a bird, is it a plane - no it is:

DVC'S SUPER POOL BOY!

By night he is mild mannered Kent Clark - but - by day he races around DVC adjusting Temps and eating left over donuts!

No the wetsuit actually probably says nothing about the pool temp. I actually saw a repair man wearing one in JULY! (And the pool was PLENTY WARM LOL) I think it may be a safety precaution. The guy I saw was working on a light and also had on "goggle" type safety glasses. It would allow you to "lean" against the sides or areas with better grip I think then swim trunks.

Also if it was to keep him warm they make them covering a lot more of your body....

I can't tell from the photos---is that really a wetsuit or just a bathing suit that offers extra sun protection? My ds has one that style with spf 50. In the photos here it doesn't look "thick" like a wetsuit, plus wetsuits usually hold you in better flab-wise if you KWIM. Just wondering if the OP could tell for sure...

pouncingpluto said:

This guy is definitely not a lifeguard. They have to be in great shape and able to rescue people. No offense but this is not the case with this guy.

I am sure he is pool maintenance, possibly does not even work for Disney. I really think before I would post something as fact I would verify it.

Less rumor causing turmoil that way. :thumbsup2

Sammie said:
This guy is definitely not a lifeguard. They have to be in great shape and able to rescue people. No offense but this is not the case with this guy.

I am sure he is pool maintenance, possibly does not even work for Disney. I really think before I would post something as fact I would verify it.

Less rumor causing turmoil that way. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Sammie, but as soon I opened the pix, I was fairly certain he wasn't a WDW lifeguard.

DisFlan

walt mania said:
I wonder if his wife will find these jokes funny when she reads them?

I think she only read the Pool sites on the DIS boards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!