Pin Code Questions for a Newbie

mrs.zuber

Disney Fan
My first WDW trip as an adult was September/October 2016 and we stayed off-property. It wasn't bad but I much prefer staying on-property like we did when I was a kid and not footing the bill.

Since then I have received 3 unique pin code offers to try and get me back to WDW. The last one I got two weeks ago and goes out to June of 2018. Problem is, I haven't been able to use any of them as we are looking to book in December of 2018.

My questions are:

1. Will I keep getting the unique pin codes this year until I buy something or does Disney give up trying to get us back that way at some point?

2. Is there something we should be doing to encourage Disney to continue to send us those offers?

3. Since we didn't stay on-property last time and obviously didn't have a dining plan. What are the chances of them sending a pin code offer for free dining? We would happily take a 25 or 30% off code as well and just pay for the dining as that will work in our favor too. But we really want a meal plan this time.

Any insight or answers would be fantastic! Thanks to any and all that can help :)

Hello and I will try to answer as best as I can... There are many others that may be able to give you better advice
Answers to your questions:
1) Unique Offer Codes are distributed by their marketing department. There are some people that receive them regularly and some that do not. I had been receiving them regularly, but did not receive one recently as others have been reporting.
2) Sign up for a My Disney Experience account if you do not have one. Price out vacations on their website. Order Vacation planning guide.
3) We have not received a Free Dining code since 2015. We have received room discounts and some offers have been better than others.

I hope that helps. We usually stay at a moderate resort and never get the dining plan. We stay away during the "Free Dining" promos and just pay out of pocket for dining. The room discount is a better deal for us.

Hello and I will try to answer as best as I can... There are many others that may be able to give you better advice
Answers to your questions:
1) Unique Offer Codes are distributed by their marketing department. There are some people that receive them regularly and some that do not. I had been receiving them regularly, but did not receive one recently as others have been reporting.
2) Sign up for a My Disney Experience account if you do not have one. Price out vacations on their website. Order Vacation planning guide.
3) We have not received a Free Dining code since 2015. We have received room discounts and some offers have been better than others.

I hope that helps. We usually stay at a moderate resort and never get the dining plan. We stay away during the "Free Dining" promos and just pay out of pocket for dining. The room discount is a better deal for us.

Thank you!

VH, your reply helped me, too. I have never received a PIN code.

I have received 2 in the last 6 months and just booked off the last code received last week. I was told that in order to up my chances of getting one, sign up for a Disney Visa Card, open a MDE account, sign up for DVC information video, and sign and in browse the disney site as often as possible. I did all of these and lo and behold, I got 2 codes.

Thanks for that, g-mama. I do two of the four - have a MDE account and sign and in browse the Disney site often. I book about twice a year - three times this year. I plan to go again in Sept 2018. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for that, g-mama. I do two of the four - have a MDE account and sign and in browse the Disney site often. I book about twice a year - three times this year. I plan to go again in Sept 2018. Fingers crossed.
Have you ordered the DVC info video. It's free so what the heck. Might just be the trigger. Looks like you are going to FW. That was my first choice, the cabins, but the 2 men in our group (husband and SIL) didn't like the 1 bathroom deal. Sheesh, babies!

Haven't ordered the info. Got a little DVC brochure about a week after my Sept visit. I should give it a try.

We're a little concerned about the one bathroom, too. Three guys... But I suspect, we'll manage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!