Pin Trading at Chicago Disneyquest-UPdate

Figment2

DIS Veteran
It's been two weeks since DQ officially started pin trading (and we had our meet there). I headed over there after work yesterday just to see how everything was going. First I hit the Emporium - still had WDW pins on the racks but no one was wearing a lanyard. So I headed upstairs. When I got off the elevator still no lanyards so I asked a CM how pin trading was going.

It's not. She called her Manager (Jeff) who said all his Mgrs were supposed to be wearing a lanyard (although he wasn't wearing one either). I was very willing to walk around and stalk managers, but Jeff asked me to wait and he'd send them to me. (My first thought was "this is cool.") About five minutes later he came back with ten lanyards over his arm. I got to go through all of them and did find a Mickey Mouse which I didn't have. It appears that none of the managers are wearing lanyards because there's been no reason to.

I will admit they had a lot of character pins (especially Toy Story) but they also had a lot of Collector's Society pins. If we don't periodically stop in, I have a feeling pin trading at DQ will cease to exist. So, if you're close to downtown Chicago, stop in (even if it's only in the Emporium). If you don't see any lanyards, ask a CM to call someone since it looks like they are willing to bring the pins to you.

Finally, Jeff said they would like to see our group meet there again. How does everyone feel about late Fall or early Winter?

Cyn

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter