PizzeRizzo closing

I took a look on Disney's website and they had a listing for Oct 27, 11-4, and Oct 28 was no times available. So it must be Oct 27 that its closing.

And so Backlot Express, ABC Commissary, Baseline Taphouse, Fairfax Faire and others will be closing ......... Disney hasn't updated the calendars yet.

Well, maybe. I mean who would think they would be closing Pizza Rizzo after putting so much into the remodel? Maybe they were hoping to revive that area, but it hasn’t been successful? It certainly would solve the “how do we connect Star Tours?” problem. Yes, you lose those restaurants, but now you don’t have to re-theme Star Tours AND the land “gains” an attraction à la TSMM.

I know you are much more in the know than I am, but it can be fun to speculate. ;)

Would be completely shocked if Star Tours stays after SWL opens. Geographically is makes no sense given the entry to SWL is quite firm and why would you have two simulator rides? ST is likely to look quite lame when the other is open. I think we'll just see it change to a new IP if they keep the building. Honestly the chunk of land that includes that, Backlot Express and Indiana Jones would be more than enough for a new land down the road.

Probably just a menu re-work. The menu never appealed and IMO most Disney pizza is just barely serviceable.

All it needs is some menu work. It has lots of space, indoor and out, bathrooms .... will be a great overflow location for all those folks who can't get into a SWL eatery. I go because DS likes it, he orders the pizza but I got an antipasto salad that would compete with a table service version. Great value.

I hope it is a menu upgrade. The pizza is horrible and for that price it should be larger than a saucer plate.

I find it surprising that they would be closing since they recently renovated the building. The menu is exactly the same as the old Pizza Planet, which is disappointing. I wish they had improved the menu options and incorporated the Muppets more in the theme of the Restaurant.

We ate there for the first time 2 weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good and it was little wait to get food with plenty of seating.

Frankly, I had no intention of eating there on out November trip.

But.......closing all of this stuff right before the holiday season makes no sense to me. Close it in mid-January if you must. But, from mid-November through the first week of January, they should be looking for ways to disperse crowds, not contract the number of options.

Like I said, we were not planning on eating there, but now we'll have to fight the crowds that were going to eat there when they are now forced to go to a different restaurant.

Same thing with Rafiki's Planet. Crowd dispersal opportunity during the holiday season lost.

Is the only report of the closing coming from OP who heard from a friend's daughter? If so, it's really taken on a life of its own, becoming a featured thread here and now even Kenny the Pirate has it reported as a rumor (citing this thread). Of all the rumors to take off, this is an odd one!

Would be completely shocked if Star Tours stays after SWL opens. Geographically is makes no sense given the entry to SWL is quite firm and why would you have two simulator rides? ST is likely to look quite lame when the other is open. I think we'll just see it change to a new IP if they keep the building. Honestly the chunk of land that includes that, Backlot Express and Indiana Jones would be more than enough for a new land down the road.

I think @rteetz can chime in but everything I have seen says ST stays open for a while and then is eventually re-themed to a new IP (but that would be a few years down the road)

I think @rteetz can chime in but everything I have seen says ST stays open for a while and then is eventually re-themed to a new IP (but that would be a few years down the road)
ST is definitely staying open for a bit. Whether it is rethemed or moved elsewhere will be the question.

What really bothers me about this is that Disney must have paid major bucks just 2 years ago to re-theme the restaurant. Now, just 2 years later they close it? No wonder they keep raising prices.

I always thought it was strange to keep the pizza menu. You are right next door to an Italian restaurant. With so many people who don't eat gluten or carbs now a days, you would think they would add something different. However, this would be an A #1 completely stupid idea to completely close this. They are going to need all of the places they can find to hold people who are waiting to get into Black Spire. The Taphouse doesn't work well for kids or picky eaters. Hopefully, it's just a quick menu retooling.

That’s basically what I said, I didn’t mean for any strict timeline. But I don’t believe Disney will want any SW outside of SWL, I see it all disappearing fast.

But no one knows what they are planning, we are all guessing.

That’s basically what I said, I didn’t mean for any strict timeline. But I don’t believe Disney will want any SW outside of SWL, I see it all disappearing fast.

But no one knows what they are planning, we are all guessing.

ok, maybe I misunderstood - I took "Would be completely shocked if Star Tours stays after SWL opens." to mean that the second SWL opens you would be shocked if Star Tours didn't then close

But I agree long term (and only Disney knows what that means) Star Tours won't be as it is as it doesn't fit with the immersion of Galaxy's Edge

IMO PizzeRizzo is the best counter service in DHS. I know that’s not saying a lot. The pizza is ok (standard WDW pizza) and I like the side salads a lot. My DH gets the dinner salad a lot. I also really enjoy the NY theme of the restaurant. I will be sad to see it go.

We ate there May 2017. My grandson (at the time age 5) loved it. We are going back next year and I know he will want to go back. I hope I do not have to tell him they closed.

I like the area around PR and the outdoor seating, but I never had any desire to eat there. Once you grow up on NJ/NY pizza, I think any theme park pizza will be a major letdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter