Place holder extension?

Pooh2

Dis Veteran
My place holder will expire in September.
Has anyone had the place holder extended by DCL?

So I called DCL because I have a placeholder that will be expiring on March 1st, 2021. Evidently if you use it before the expiration date and reserve a cruise after that expiration date (I picked a Magic cruise April 17th 2021) it still gives you the discount. She tried it for me and it worked. Not sure why but she seemed to know about it because she suggested doing it. She also said she was excited to go to the cast member preview reopening of Magic Kingdom tomorrow. :)

So I called DCL because I have a placeholder that will be expiring on March 1st, 2021. Evidently if you use it before the expiration date and reserve a cruise after that expiration date (I picked a Magic cruise April 17th 2021) it still gives you the discount. She tried it for me and it worked. Not sure why but she seemed to know about it because she suggested doing it. She also said she was excited to go to the cast member preview reopening of Magic Kingdom tomorrow. :)

Thanks!

My TA told me that if we moved my deposit for my current reservation to a new booking, that we would get to keep our OBB discount (unless we move up to concierge, I assume). But of course, since DCL still hasn't released Fall 2021 itineraries, it's looking highly unlikely that there will be a new cruise to move my deposit to before my PIF date, so I'll have to cancel and lose the OBB discount.

I was able to push my cruise out past the timeframe. It was an actual reservation made from an OBB and not just a placeholder.

I can confirm they are being flexible. My placeholder expires on 10/5/20 and they let me book the 12/12/20 Fantasy tonight with 10% discount, 1/2 deposit, and OBC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!