Places to Propose at Epcot

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
My son is looking for ideas to propose to my future daughter in law at Epcot. He wants to do this on October 1st (35th anniversary).

Where would be a great place for him to propose?

Also, needing Photo Pass Photographer to capture the moment. Will this be an issue?

Depends on what they like - there will be a special performance of Illuminations that night celebrating the 35th. There is a romantic garden area at the England Pavilion and France is another great area. ( The last few times we went there was a Photopass Photographer in France by the fountains but I don't think they hang there all day ). My brother got engaged at 9 Dragons in China because that was one of my sister in laws favorite places.

Illuminations is always romantic - maybe he could do a dessert party of I think they still do a Illuminations cruise.

Not sure how he'd set up the Photopass part - I'm sure someone on the site has some ideas.

We saw a couple get engaged at night by the fountains in France a couple of years ago. There usually is a photopass photographer there. Congratulations!

Yes the fountain in France is a gorgeous spot to propose and they almost always have a photopass person there. I know when my fiancé proposed to me (at the Polynesian), my mom had to hunt down a photopass person while we were at our dinner (before the proposal) and had them positioned and ready for when we came out of dinner.

My honey proposed to me on September 28, 2017 right in front of the France fountain! I was stunned! Now we are planning our magical Disney wedding!

My husband proposed to me at Epcot on October 17, 2016. He proposed to be near the water just after the bridge that goes from France to the UK pavilion. There's a little area by the water that gets roped off for special dining events and people typically stand on the ridge above looking at the water. It was so sweet, after he got down on one knee and proposed I turned around to hear all these people clapping. :) Really I don't think you can go wrong getting engaged anywhere at WDW. Best of luck to him!

I’m planning to propose during our trip in December. Thanks for the great ideas! I was thinking about Main Street, with the Castle in the background. The trick will be to alert the photographer without tipping off my almost-fiancée.

We’re both in our 60s, so we just might set a new record for oldest WDW proposal :love:

Maybe a place in the Italy pavilion would be nice?

italy_bridgeepcot2016ww.jpg

Either the waterfall in Canada,
Fountain in France, or
Germany Pavilion (my favorite pavilion)
or right at the start of Illuminations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!