Places you would never want to go on Hoilday

Antarctica.

No to camping or cruising again. I tried both. Not for me.

No to National Parks or other places where nature is the primary focus.

Anywhere cold and dreary. I want tropical and sunny.
Not interested in Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East or really anywhere outside of the USA.

I'm shocked people don't want to visit our national parks. We have the best parks in the world!

I haven't read the whole thread, but you took the words right out of my mouth!!!! Ha, ha!!!

For me nothing else can compare to standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon, stopping at tunnel view at Yosemite NP and gazing out at the valley with Half Dome, El Cap and Yosemite Falls, standing next to a Redwood or Sequoia, standing under Delicate Arch at Arches NP, watching the sunset at Bryce Canyon NP, watching the sun rise over Crater Lake NP, driving the Going to the Sun Rd. at Glacier NP, eating ice cream on the deck of the Yellowstone Lodge while watching Old Faithful go off etc. etc. etc.!!!!

Can you tell that I LOVE our National Parks!!!!!

Vegas. Or Reno. Or really any place that is set up for gambling. Gambling just holds no interest for me.
I have had some really great trips to Vegas and I don't gamble. Every once in awhile I will gamble and by gamble I mean, I lost twenty bucks and now I am done. lol

I have not traveled as much as some people. My parents didn't travel, they moved across the country a few times, but we didn't go on big far away vacations. I had two kids by the time I was 19 and I was one of the poors so I wasn't going anywhere but the occasional beach trip then. Now we have the money to do it, I just really want to go on Disney trips. lol I used to really want to go to Europe, but now I would rather just go to Epcot and not stress. Or go to Disneyland and hang out by the pool. To be fair, I think I am going through a bit of a mid life crisis, my parents are getting older and both of them are sick and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around that. So I just want things to be easy. So I don't want to go anywhere (except easy places lol)

Ibiza (too many lager louts)
Mallorca (also too many lager louts)
North Korea (fossilised and authoritarian)
Any Arabic/Muslim country with repressive laws
China (except Hong Kong), unless they change their ways
Kenya (don't agree with their draconian shopping bag ban)
Any developing country with a bad government and worse waste and terrorism problems
The Bronx, unless it's to the MCA memorial. RIP best Beastie Boy.
Northern Africa. Too much risk of terrorism.
Anywhere that risks questioning at the US border. Don't want to risk my future holidays to my favourite vacation country with stamps from questionable countries.

I believe that I've only driven through there from Boston to Maryland. I have no actual ill will, I just thought of Wayne's World.

I've never been before, we've only driven through to get other places too.
I totally missed the Wayne's World reference :laughing:

I have had some really great trips to Vegas and I don't gamble. Every once in awhile I will gamble and by gamble I mean, I lost twenty bucks and now I am done. lol

I have not traveled as much as some people. My parents didn't travel, they moved across the country a few times, but we didn't go on big far away vacations. I had two kids by the time I was 19 and I was one of the poors so I wasn't going anywhere but the occasional beach trip then. Now we have the money to do it, I just really want to go on Disney trips. lol I used to really want to go to Europe, but now I would rather just go to Epcot and not stress. Or go to Disneyland and hang out by the pool. To be fair, I think I am going through a bit of a mid life crisis, my parents are getting older and both of them are sick and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around that. So I just want things to be easy. So I don't want to go anywhere (except easy places lol)
Northern Europe is actually very easy. Most people speak English and every day life is pretty much the same as in the US. The biggest headaches are getting there and driving on the wrong side of the road in the UK.

I actually have no desire to travel anywhere outside of my country. There is so much of it that I haven't seen and want to see that I don't have time to worry about going anywhere else. I've got too much I want to see right here. So, I guess my list would be rather long.
That’s me. It’s mainly b/c of flight time. But I also just don’t like being that far at from home.

Because I don't want to spend my vacation time/dollars living like a homeless person lol! I like my vacation accommodations to be at least on par with what I have at home, preferably even better.

I, too, wondered about all the camping and National Parks hate -
Dh & I are now camping in the Smoky Mtn. National Parks in our very nice motor home, so definitely far from living like a homeless person, in fact exactly what we are used to living like at home - total enjoyment and comfort.
I hate hotels, having to look for signs of bedbugs, and having to sleep where many others (some questionable in hygiene) have slept, use their bathrooms, etc. So, this definitely works both ways lol.
As for where I would not go on vacation - Mexico, and no third world countries, any place deemed unsafe, actually more that I could name, more than where I'd like to go. I love the USA :) and we travel a lot.

Delaware, imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware.

I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in Delaware, but the beaches are nice. Combine that with a trip to Philly for a couple of days and you have a nice long weekend!

I'm fortunate to have been to all 48 lower states and Hawaii. Also, most of Europe, Mexico, Canada, and Australia. Some places that I thought I would hate I actually enjoyed quite a bit. And some of the places I was really excited to go ended up being disappointing. Really, unless you have tried it, it is hard to say you wouldn't like it. You might be surprised.

I'm game anywhere once, wouldn't plan a vacation around camping in a tent anymore (although we've now got cots, and inflatable sleeping bags etc).
There is no place I would never want to go. There are some places, I don't want to go to "right now" because of safety and other reasons. But I'm always hopeful that before the end of my life, things will change and the opportunity will present itself. I have horrible wanderlust, even as a child. There is always something interesting about a place, IMO.
Yes!!

LOL has anyone checked the state department warnings? or does level 1 not count? So many countries with level 1 or 2 warnings. Now level 3 -sure definitely put some thought into it, and probably do avoid level 4. Ya'll realize there are countries that have the USA on its list of dangerous or "exercise caution" when visiting right?

few weeks later we sail to Cuba.
We go in a couple weeks-beyond excited!!
For me nothing else can compare to standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon, stopping at tunnel view at Yosemite NP and gazing out at the valley with Half Dome, El Cap and Yosemite Falls, standing next to a Redwood or Sequoia, standing under Delicate Arch at Arches NP, watching the sunset at Bryce Canyon NP, watching the sun rise over Crater Lake NP, driving the Going to the Sun Rd. at Glacier NP, eating ice cream on the deck of the Yellowstone Lodge while watching Old Faithful go off etc. etc. etc.!!!!
or Multnomah Falls...I was in awe of the beauty of the Pacific Northwest. One of my earliest childhood memories is of Mount Rushmore, and still have my plush from childhood visit to Yellowstone (covered in rabbit fur-bet you don't find that in these days ) And for those saying no National parks-guess you have never been to nor plan on going to Washington DC as most monuments etc managed by national parks services...:P

I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in Delaware, but the beaches are nice. Combine that with a trip to Philly for a couple of days and you have a nice long weekend!

I'm fortunate to have been to all 48 lower states and Hawaii. Also, most of Europe, Mexico, Canada, and Australia. Some places that I thought I would hate I actually enjoyed quite a bit. And some of the places I was really excited to go ended up being disappointing. Really, unless you have tried it, it is hard to say you wouldn't like it. You might be surprised.
I was actually just referencing Wayne's World. I bear no ill will towards Delaware. I just loved the way that Mike Myers said that line. "Hi, I'm in Delaware."

Dh & I are now camping in the Smoky Mtn. National Parks in our very nice motor home, so definitely far from living like a homeless person, in fact exactly what we are used to living like at home - total enjoyment and comfort.

That's cheating. :D When I think "camping", I think of pitching a tent on the ground. A fancy motorhome is an entirely different ballgame. If it were just DW and I, I'd be all in for having one and travelling around, including some National Parks. Just don't ask me to sleep on the ground.

Have a great trip, sounds like a blast!

I have another one. Chain restaurants. I never WANT to go to them though sometimes I do end up at one.

I, too, wondered about all the camping and National Parks hate -

That's not campin. That's mobile beddin. Or alternatively, Mobile hotellin.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter