Places you would never want to go on Hoilday

Camping
Anywhere where you need a snow cat to get around
Any Middle Eastern country because I have a big mouth and would be stoned to death.
North Korea, because I have a big mouth and would be killed
Vegas I don't gamblie but I would go see some shows
Any sort of desert

I, too, wondered about all the camping and National Parks hate -
Dh & I are now camping in the Smoky Mtn. National Parks in our very nice motor home, so definitely far from living like a homeless person, in fact exactly what we are used to living like at home - total enjoyment and comfort.
I hate hotels, having to look for signs of bedbugs, and having to sleep where many others (some questionable in hygiene) have slept, use their bathrooms, etc. So, this definitely works both ways lol.
As for where I would not go on vacation - Mexico, and no third world countries, any place deemed unsafe, actually more that I could name, more than where I'd like to go. I love the USA :) and we travel a lot.

Agree. We have an RV that is pretty luxurious and I love that no one but my family has ever used the bathroom in it and that no one but me and my husband has ever slept in the master bed. My husband and I are planning a big trip out west in the RV when my husband retires next spring and I can't wait. We have numerous smaller RV trips planned between now and then, though, which are mostly beach or mountain trips within 4-5 hours of our home.

As for places I don't want to go, I hate Las Vegas and won't return there. After our trip out west next year, our next big trip will hopefully be to Greece (but obviously not in the RV- lol).

Last edited:

Delaware-was just there at Easter. Such a tiny blip of a state. Which is smaller Delaware or Rhode Island.

We are going to the beaches there. I've got 3 more states to get too to say I've done the beaches in all the east coast states.
Delaware was one of the drive through ones for us but I know a bunch of people who go to their beaches every year.
Rhode Island is the smallest in size, that's less than a blip LOL

I grew up in the Ozarks and had to go camping a few times, only reiterates my dislike of it. I don't like being on an air mattress in a thin tent that could easily be destroyed. Plus I fear for my dogs lives when we went so camping is not for me. I'd much rather be exploring museums and learning history then sitting on the ground staring at a tree. In the opposite spirit of this board, Washington D.C was my favorite trip so far as an adult, now I'm planning for two weeks in Europe just to explore all the historical places I can.

Not big on camping, but that’s not really a place. Honestly, outside of places where I’d obviously be unwelcome, I’m drawing a blank. Some places are REAL low on my priority list, but I’d still be interested to go.

I just don't get all the National Park hate!?!
You don't have to camp, and can see amazing sights and have incredible experiences.
The Awahnee (or now the Yosemite Hotel or whatever it's called) is one of the most amazing hotels in the country. Tea at Acadia National Park is delicious. Almost all National Parks have hotels on sight and most have perfectly fine, and in some cases absolutely amazing, restaurants.

Go explore!

I just don't get all the National Park hate!?!
You don't have to camp, and can see amazing sights and have incredible experiences.
The Awahnee (or now the Yosemite Hotel or whatever it's called) is one of the most amazing hotels in the country. Tea at Acadia National Park is delicious. Almost all National Parks have hotels on sight and most have perfectly fine, and in some cases absolutely amazing, restaurants.

Go explore!

I love hole-in-the-wall restaurants so I usually always find a gem close to the parks. Found this amazing Thai place right outside Mesa Verde.

Any place that doesn't have running water and air conditioning.

Generally speaking, the Middle East, South America, Southern Asia, and South America. South America just terrifies me. I feel like some bug would land on me, then I would get home to find that I'm being devoured from the inside-out by parasites. (You never said it had to be a rational fear)

Anywhere where the only thing to do is lay or play on the beach. I burn really easily so that sort of trip is not for me.
Anywhere where I have to worry about my safety due to my gender, nationality, and/or ethnicity or my DH has to worry about discrimination or safety because of his ethnicity.
Camping. Glamping I'm cool with though.
Travel where I have to worry about falling. No bungee jumping or rock climbing for me.
Nowhere where I have trouble finding food to eat that isn't seafood. I'm allergic to it.

That’s me. It’s mainly b/c of flight time. But I also just don’t like being that far at from home.

There is a whole country to the north of you that you can travel to without a plane.

As an example, Winnipeg (where I am) is an hour from the US border. We have a human rights museum, the convergence of the Red and Assiniboine rivers, so many festivals year round to meet everyone’s tastes, a historic area where the buildings have been preserved from the 1800’s and early 1900’s. It’s actually a national historic site and has been used so many times in movies. If you’re into sports, we have a AAA baseball team, pro football team, pro hockey team, IHL hockey team, and we just got a soccer team this year too.

All that in a town with ~730000 residents. I’m not on the tourist board or anything but it bugs me when Canada isn’t given it’s due. We are not just America’s hat.

There is a whole country to the north of you that you can travel to without a plane.

As an example, Winnipeg (where I am) is an hour from the US border. We have a human rights museum, the convergence of the Red and Assiniboine rivers, so many festivals year round to meet everyone’s tastes, a historic area where the buildings have been preserved from the 1800’s and early 1900’s. It’s actually a national historic site and has been used so many times in movies. If you’re into sports, we have a AAA baseball team, pro football team, pro hockey team, IHL hockey team, and we just got a soccer team this year too.

All that in a town with ~730000 residents. I’m not on the tourist board or anything but it bugs me when Canada isn’t given it’s due. We are not just America’s hat.
Actually that’s the only place I would go. My sister went to Canada last fall. But the thread was about places we wouldn’t go lol.

But then I'd have to get a passport or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter