Plane Flight - Southwest - Atlanta to Aulani

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I am looking to begin my initial planning to get to Aulani next year. I am trying to plan through Southwest (I have points available).

At this time, what is the route from Atlanta I should be looking to take? Any days better than others?

TIA

There are currently no flights that go from Atlanta to Hawaii on SWA. We were supposed to fly out of Birmingham for Spring Break at Aulani. Obviously, that didn’t happen. We had to book a flight from BHM to get to one of the west coast airports, then a separate flight from the west coast to HNL. Same thing for the return. We were planning on flying to Sacramento, spend the night and fly out the next day to Hawaii. The return had us spend the night in San Jose. Good luck!

I answered this on the Transportation board, but to echo what PP says, you'd have to book separate flights so probably at least two layovers. We fly from Buffalo, and SWA would not even pair the flight segments together for us to book it. We would have had to book separate one way flights with either ample time in between or an overnight on the west coast like PP mentions. The only viable option for us was to fly from Buffalo to Chicago to San Jose (one of the CA airports), spend the night, and then fly out to HNL the next morning. It was too complicated and not any cheaper, so we didn't do it.

If you're willing to forego the points for comfort and convenience, the nonstop flight to HNL from Atlanta on Delta is awesome. We would definitely take this flight again for our next trip, regardless of the cost.

We have flown to Maui a few times from CLE and have found that breaking it up is best. Either LAX or SFO is a perfect halfway point (5hrs ish) for a break then another 5hrs to the island. For this we prefer United.

We have flown to Maui a few times from CLE and have found that breaking it up is best. Either LAX or SFO is a perfect halfway point (5hrs ish) for a break then another 5hrs to the island. For this we prefer United.

For the flight home, we have taken redeyes so we prefer the first flight home to be longer to potentially sleep, We have flown AA to Dallas and connected for shorter flight to east coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!