Planning a trip blues

Star3

Mouseketeer
I know this is a first world problem but am I the only one that feels a bit down about being unable to plan their Disney due to all that’s going on? I know it’s not the biggest problem to have at the moment. But planning my Disney trip in my head was keeping me occupied before all this started.

I think that, particularly if you are self isolating, it is important to have something pleasurable to focus on. I don’t think that it matters what it is... as long as it brings a smile to your face.
My adult daughter, who is normally a very busy bee, has just taken all my novels (I have hundreds) from the library bookshelves and is dusting and reordering them. It isn’t necessary but being busy makes her happy, so it’s fine.
If Disney planning occupies your thoughts and makes you happy, then keep planning.

What I find hardest is the not knowing if my trip will go ahead (for some reason that made me think our trip is a bit like Schrodingers Cat). Since mine isn't until September I know there's a good chance the parks could be open, but we don't know if the American borders will be open or if there might be any travel restrictions from the UK.

We're not really big planners though, we only really plan things that needs booking in advance except for fastpasses. We tend to just decide what we want to do either the evening before or on the day.

I‘ve stopped my planning. No point planning for something I don’t really now think will be safe. Problem is booking for next year as I had planned to do might not be financially sensible as if classed as new holiday would not be covered by travel insurance.

I have focused on other things for now. I am planning to still save money for a disney trip (we were meant to be going 23rd of this month, 2 weeks AKL with the ddp, I had all fp and dining booked) but now I am focusing on some interesting meals to cook while we are self isolating and I've made a little list of the food we have. Planning is planning and until we can plan disney for certain other things can fulfill the organisation urge for me.
Obviously it's not the same as planning a wonderful Disney trip but as we lost my DH grandfather a few days ago to covid19 I think you have to find purpose and joy in small things.

We are due to go on 19/4/20-well were! The only thing that is currently stopping me crying like a baby is the replanning we are now doing in our heads. We are abandoning WDW for this year-I feel it may be horrendously busy when the parks do eventually reopen, so we are going to ask Virgin to quote us for a 7 day Anaheim/5 day SF holiday for autumn. That will still give us a Disney fix and since then we have been looking up hotels, restaurants and other attractions we could do -again it will be a real smack in the teeth if we can't do it but at least its giving us something to focus on. My husband's Auntie died to this b*****d disease last week and you feel so churlish for daring to moan about a holiday!

Sorry to hear about the family members that have passed away due to this disease. It does put everything in perspective and helps us all understand why everything has been cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter