• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning an adults-only trip for July 2003

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Hi everyone!

DH and I are planning a trip to WDW for next July. Just the two of us. We were supposed to take this trip exactly a year ago, but I got scared after the plane crash in NYC in Nov 2001, and I cancelled that trip. So...now we're replanning it for next summer, probably July 8th (our wedding anniversary!) or 9th through July 13th. (4 or 5 nights).

Since we did so many character meals in May 2001 with our DSs, we now want to do mostly non-character sit-down meals, or even counter service places that have food that appeal to the adult palate.

Any suggestions? DH mentioned V&A but I really don't want to get dressed in formalwear in the heat of mid-July. How about California Grill?? Any other recommendations? We're planning on dinner and breakfast at the Kona Cafe :) We also want to go back for scones and tea at the Garden View at the GF one day. We're not into "gourmet" foods, really. We prefer more basic meals, but we want at least one "nice" restaurant to try.

We're not sure where we'll be staying yet; definitely onsite though. We're leaning towards CBR, or WL, or possibly BC/YC, or the Polynesian if a decent code rate comes out. Any comments on where you've enjoyed staying, either solo or adults-only?? DH and I not big party animals, so being close to DTD isn't a major point for us, although I'm sure we will go there at least one night. I'd love to hear everyone's opinions, I'm open to almost any resort at this point.

Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions! :)

Have a great time!

Just some of my favorite places to eat -- I really like Bomas, Jiko, LeCeller, and as crazy as this sounds the Primetime Diner. Liberty Tree Tavern has a nice menu for Lunch and it was very relaxing to get out of the rush of MK during the day. Epcot is just about over choice for places to eat.

We enjoy Fultons for a fancy, not cheap place to eat and House of Blues has some fine comfort food.

Once again have a great time!

My bf and I go every year. Some of the things we have enjoyed are PI, wandering aroud the Westside, and the boardwalk. This trip we are also doing Cirque de soleil and the Luau. We have not done many sit down restaraunts but really enjoyed Bongo's. The atmosphere there is great. We are doing a meal inclusive pkg this year. Our must-do's are Fultons, Wolfgang Puck's, Le cellier, Boma's, Coral Reef, California Grill, and Cinderellas gala feast. We have always stayed at a value resort because we really don't spend much time in the room. Have fun whatever you decide. :smooth: :smooth:

DH and I stayed at POR for our anniversary trip this past September. I think that would be a great choice if you want to stay at a moderate. The atmosphere was really romantic. The theme is not overpowering, but very beautiful. I would recommend that. Plus the boat ride to DD is great for adults wanting to enjoy nightlife.

I would stay in the Epcot resort area - but then I like Epcot - so BC/YC

counter service - I like the counter service at Norway and the food faire at the Land.

beaches and cream is fun - if you like hamburgers, and other sandwiches -

if you stay at the BC - I like Cape May Cafe for breakfast - yes it is characters - but the food was pretty good.

Ahh so many dining options....

Some of our favorites are Kona Cafe, Pepper Market, Brown Derby, Alfredo's, and Wolfgane Puck Express... yummm the Garlic Mashed potatoes.

We are planing our first with child trip for 1/2004 and I will soon be posting the reverse question.

Have a great time.

We too are planning our adult only trip but in may. For resort I would vote for Epcot area resorts because they are so close to things. This trip DH and I are eating at places that we've never eaten at or probably won't take our children to until they are a little older. On our list is: Yachtsmen Steakhouse, California grill, the sit down place in Japan where they cook in front or you(couldn't spell it if I tried:rolleyes: ), and Narcosses(sp?) at the Grand Flordian.
Good luck planning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter