Planning for 2020 ..... or maybe 2019 ?

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

it is that time again to start planning for our anual trip 2020. It would be our 10th stay and we are counting the days already.

My oldest daughter begins to study law and she do not know yet if she can come with us :-)().

Is it still possible to add a person at the check-in? I know that she did not get the half-board option but is it possible to call Disney some days before to add her to our booking so that she will get half-board too?

I am also thinking of another option:

We all could stay from 29.12.19 until 03.01.20. So it we be our first time with New Years Eve and the big party. This sounds very good and it would be something new.

Do I have to buy the extra tickets for the New Years Eve party if I stay onsite with a package?

I know it would be very very full but what do you think...is it worth or should I go at "a normal time".

As always......THANKS!

Yes, you can. You only need to pay extra tourist tax at check in.

I would love to do the New Years Eve party one day, but I am not very good with cold.... It's a hard ticketed event , 100 EUR. So way more than the Halloween parties.
There is this year also an option including a dinner, so for 1 person it's about 250 EUR for the cheapest option at Buffalo Bill. The other option is at Agrabah Cafe, where they will have a dinner, while it's usually only open for lunch. But to pay 100 EUR for the party + 200 for dinner at Agrabah.... that's insane in my opinion.

Based on the clips I saw on Youtube of the special parade etc, it looks very crowded.

Thanks for the quick reply.

That means that I have to buy extra tickets for the party even if i have tickets for the parks with my package?

Yes it does. Without the party tickets you have to leave when the park closes. The opening hours for end of December 2019 are not released yet, but as it's also a holiday week, I think / hope the park will be open at least till 21:00.

OK...I guess that is too much money for us (even for a Disney fanatic family).

I will spend the money for some extra days or souvenirs later in 2020.

I know my friend went severals years ago for NYE and said whilst she is glad she experienced it, she wouldn't go again as the crowds were horrendous

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter