Planning to Rope Drop SWGE on Thanksgiving Day. Is this a bad idea?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We have only three park days. I had planned on RD at DHS because I didn't want to miss the nighttime entertainment at MK and Epcot, and I love Pandora at night (and the rest of my family hasn't been since Pandora opened so I really want them to see it at night). I'm reading a lot of threads with people talking about how nighttime is the best time to go to SWGE. Is it a better strategy to go at night? Will RD on Thanksgiving Day be horrible?

Any advice? My FP day is coming up in two days!

ETA—Oops. I mean a week and two days. I’m so ready for this already!!!

Last edited:
I'm sure it will be busy, but it's tough to give advice when we don't know what the hours will be. Disney is not making it easy to plan November and December trips!

I'm sure it will be busy, but it's tough to give advice when we don't know what the hours will be. Disney is not making it easy to plan November and December trips!
So true! Maybe I should ask instead if I should go to AK at night or DHS at night? Maybe that’s all I can figure out right now???

The evening show at epcot is late enough it is theoretically doable to see star wars land at night and hop to EP for the fireworks, but thanksgiving crowds may make that tough. I would rope drop DHS as you say since you want to do evenings in other parks.

The evening show at epcot is late enough it is theoretically doable to see star wars land at night and hop to EP for the fireworks, but thanksgiving crowds may make that tough. I would rope drop DHS as you say since you want to do evenings in other parks.
That is an idea. I hadn’t thought about that. I just don’t know if I want to hop back and forth between the two parks. We want to spend quite a bit of time at Epcot and I may want to do the CP again.

So probably the best options would be to do DHS in the morning and then AK at night or vice versa. If I stick with the first schedule that would have me doing two mornings at DHS. I’m going to try to get a TSM FP one morning. Which of these do you think would take less time?
1. RD SWGE (looking around, riding SR, and maybe drinking the milk)
2. RD SDD, FP for TSM, single rider RnRC, standby (or extra FP) ToT.
We have an ADR at BOG (MK) for 1:55 one of the days, and the other day we will be going to AK (no ADRs, but it closes at 8).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!