Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

Wait what did I miss?

People that dont like CBR are now booking there?

Or the value of that place is $90/night.....

Either way it shows the compromise people make on a discount, not a bad thing at all. Suddenly it is good enough, just sayin.

I do not like CBR in general. It's my least favorite moderate. Does that mean when a good deal is thrown out, I won't scoop it up? Nope. Does it make me a hypocrite? No. I still don't like the resort. But when it's $90/night (or at least works out to be) then I can tolerate the things I refuse to tolerate at a higher price point. Is the room worth $90/night? Yes. Is it worth the $160/night they initially wanted? Nope. Am I going to buy DVC there just because I decided to take Disney up on their offer? No.

Hubby and I get to stay at Disney for 8 days for $1100 and that includes a meal budget. That's $137.50 per day for two people. The compromise is I have to tolerate staying at CBR. Maybe I'll like it this time. I doubt it, but I'm going with an open mind. I dislike how spread the resort is. I dislike the 7 bus stops before headed to a park and I don't buy the overall "vibe" of the place. The resort fails to deliver in theme, imo. However, I have my car so I can drive myself around. Before, I was dependent on a scooter so I was also dependent on Disney transportation. Now, I can jump in my car, park, and jump out, so maybe some of the things I disliked before won't be an issue for me and I'll have a good time. For $137.50 per day, I'm willing to roll the dice. We're planning on visiting a lot of other resorts and just using CBR to shower and sleep. What's the worst that can happen? I don't like it?

We will be there 5/23 - 6/6 and ours came out to about $187 per night with tax included. We figured this is a much better deal than the two times we used the dining plan. Have never stayed there before and kind of nervous about the bus situation since we won't be renting a car this time. Maybe we will cross paths since our dates overlap. Wife is excited about going to the Flower and Garden show again.

The bus situation kinda does suck. However, look at a map and ask to be the last stop. If you don't care about standing room only, you'll never wait long. Also, if you position yourself just right, you can get on at the last stop and get off at the first. That's the only way to make it tolerable imo.

The discounts used to get me to book deluxe. No more discounts no more deluxe.

They still have deluxe discounts, but they raised the rack rate price so much that the discounts don't mean a thing. If I can't book AKL at $250/night for Savannah view, I'm not booking. Same with WL. The best deal I recently got was Yacht Club water view for $287.

Thats a really good deal. And you can always drop by geyser point and say hello, we'll be there that week as well.

We're still booking ADR's. My hubby and I are doing a lot of signatures that week so we'll definitely be in the MK resort area.

We liked the spot we had in Jamaica in regards to Bus access. We'd walk across the bridge and load by the cafeteria building stop, and we could get off on the first stop on the return. Worked out great.

You all just aren't looking at this correctly. CBR is just going to get a Circus/Big top overlay temporarily to generate buzz for the Dumbo movie. Tents are just part of the ambiance.

You all just aren't looking at this correctly. CBR is just going to get a Circus/Big top overlay temporarily to generate buzz for the Dumbo movie. Tents are just part of the ambiance.

Now that's so scary it's not even funny.

I do hope someone who gets there the first week of May posts some pics so we can see the offerings and what everything looks like.

I hope I can get a job with the crew putting up the tents...

Any idea of when they might be tearing down Aruba. We stayed there on our first trip and was hoping to get some photos before it's gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!