Platinum perk

CindyandBrice

DIS Veteran
I love that one Platinum perk is the free (or no additional charge) for a meal at Palo. This has allowed us to try both the dinner and the brunch. Personally I love the brunch. I wish however that it could be used as a $40 credit at Remy as an additional way to use the perk. I think it would entice more people to try Remy. Either way, I do have my first Remy experience booked for Feb 19 sailing. Looking forward to the experience. How did you like Remy?

I love that one Platinum perk is the free (or no additional charge) for a meal at Palo. This has allowed us to try both the dinner and the brunch. Personally I love the brunch. I wish however that it could be used as a $40 credit at Remy as an additional way to use the perk. I think it would entice more people to try Remy. Either way, I do have my first Remy experience booked for Feb 19 sailing. Looking forward to the experience. How did you like Remy?

Remy was great. One and done for us. Cost and have to wear a suit is why it’s one and done nothing wrong with the food. It was great even for a picky eater like myself and a vegetarian like my wife.
Don’t see your cruise happening but good luck I hope cruises starts soon. It’s been 13 months for me.

We enjoyed Remy although I felt a little TOO cared for... the restaurant only had a few tables filled around us, so the waiters would stand around watching. The very moment I stood up one rushed over and led me to the restroom... taking my arm... it was a bit much! Everything was delicious. We did this back in 2012 though when it was only $75pp. I'm not sure what might have changed to make it worth another $50pp but if it is an even more attentive staff or more food I think I will never do it again. 😆

Don't count on getting a Remy $40 credit. The way DCL has been treating CC members in the last 5 years I'm surprise we still are still getting a Palo credit. We have never been to Remy because the cost of the cruises are already getting out of control and I am not paying for an upscale restaurant. Remember, cruises were suppose to be all inclusive with the exception of alcohol and they have been slowly taking that away. I'll get off my soapbox now.

all very insightful responses and I thank you, and truly agree with you all. As this was a rescheduled cruise, the additional 25% credit was really the only tipping point for me to try Remy and I am fairly certain it too will be a one and done.

all very insightful responses and I thank you, and truly agree with you all. As this was a rescheduled cruise, the additional 25% credit was really the only tipping point for me to try Remy and I am fairly certain it too will be a one and done.
We did the Remy brunch rather than dinner because we like the MDRs for dinner, and even though I went skeptical, it was the highlight of our cruise. Everything was innovative, delicious and fun, and the champagne pairing was really a treat. Both DH and I like it better than Palo just in terms of food and ambiance, but Palo’s price point is definitely easier to swallow.

We've done Remy for dinner once and looking forward to a brunch there. The dinner was exceptional but long. Outstanding food, one course at a time. Looking back, it seemed strange each course was very small in portion. But by the time dessert came around, we were so full that the waiter boxed up a selection for us to take back to our stateroom. Definitely would do it again but we want to try the buffet.
Yes, a credit to Remy would be nice for us Platinum CC but, as stated before, no such luck.

I have not confirmed this, but was told on our last cruise that Remy is not owned by Disney, but is a 3rd party. To me that would explain why the credit can't be applied.
We also do brunch but tried dinner on our last cruise and enjoyed it very much, but brunch will always be our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter