Plaza Gardens Restaurant - reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This restaurant is situated at the end of Main St. It is a table service restaurant with a buffet counter.
The restaurant is Victorian style decor.
The food options are a variety of hot and cold international fayre.

We had the Character Tea Party here last September.

It was £9 per person (free for under 3's).

For this you get lots of cakes, cookies , muffins , pastries , a soft drink each and a hot drink each (we had a hot chocolate each -yum !). There was a small amount of savoury food - some rolls with butter and sausage rolls.

But the best bit is you get to meet a fair selection of characters who go round each table individually. We met Tigger , Eeyore , Baloo , Robin Hood and a few others.They come out in two 20 mins sessions (roughly)

You can also do a Birthday Tea for about £18 per person. This takes place at the same time but 'upgrade's' are you get china plates and cups instead of paper , a goody bag for the birthday child (or adult :rotfl: )including a cuddly minnie/mickey (not sure what else I wasn;t that nosey ;) ),a chocolate Mickey head shaped birthday cake and a card that all the characters sign. The characters all sing Happy Birthday too.

I think it was well worth the money and a nice way to meet the characters and have some good photo opportunities.Our only issue was our DD was not too amused at waking up to Baloo almost tipping up her buggy (by accident). I'm pretty sure it would have freaked me too especially if I was a small as her. :rotfl:

There are two parties a day ( not mon/tues I think though) . My tip is to go for the early one (3pm I think)and then nip out and stand at the corner of the arcade in time for the parade.

disneyangel said:
We had the Character Tea Party here last September.

You can also do a Birthday Tea for about £18 per person. .

Sorry, don't mean to pick holes in what is a great report but don't you mean 18 euros? That's what it says on the park map. And 13 euros for the Tea Party. :blush:

We went this august 2006. We always go to have tea here. They seem to have upgraded the savouries and now have bread rolls, ham, cheese and frankfurter savouries, there are not so many cakes as before. You now get a paper plate and can go back as many times as you want ( before you had a big tray and got to fill it once). This is a great and ecconomical way to meet the characters. If you like tea type food it is scrumptious.

sarahc said:
Sorry, don't mean to pick holes in what is a great report but don't you mean 18 euros? That's what it says on the park map. And 13 euros for the Tea Party. :blush:

You're right Sarah ! I got the price of the birthday tea wrong. We pre-booked the character tea for £9 .

Does anyone ever had lunch or dinner at Plaza gardens? How was the food? Is it an all u can eat buffet? Any pictures?

I'm planning to try this place, what do you think?

We had a late lunch here in 2004 and thought it was really good value with an excellent selection. The buffet consisted of pizzas through to roasted meats and pasta dishes with salad or vegetable accompaniements, it was very very nice and the desserts were as usual out of this world, even DH admits he had his best ever dessert there a tart of some sort. I'm not sure if there was a starter, I assume so.

Plaza Gardens is one of my favourite restaurants, it's so elegant, hoping to eat here again next time. :)

PS We thoroughly enjoyed the Character Tea Party here too. :goodvibes

We have had dinner there twice, and it is an all you can eat buffet for three courses. There is a good choice for main course and desert, starter was basically salad. There were not really any vegetables - when we were there this year the only potatoes (different types) and runner beans - and I do not remember there being any vegetables. There are children's parts of the buffet, with the typical chicken nuggets but children can have a choice of anything - which is good for us because dd is not into burgers etc.

They will also supply a jug of tap water, but there are not many staff clearing or waiting at tables and you can wait a while for drinks (I think we waited over ten minutes for water). I cannot remember how much per person it cost, but I will see if I can find the receipt at the weekend, and the kids buffet did include a drink. We found that Plaza Gardens was about the best value for a proper dinner, and we like it there so when we have our one dinner per trip we often do there - last time dd and I went we did not have one dinner in the park, because we eat lunch very late and then a small late tea. Next time we are thinking of treating ourselves and trying Innventions, but that is because dd wants the character interaction - and as we do not eat much sweet things I do not think the character tea is a good idea.

We ate here this August (2006). It is very beautiful inside and the buffet was very good value for the price ~ 20 euros for adults, 10 euros children.

There was plenty of choice for everyone ~ I agree the service was rather slow but in all fairness they were very busy and so long as I can have a seat I don't mind waiting. :) The food is not as fancy as Inventions but then again neither is the price. ;) We all enjoyed it and would recommend it.

45513103_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513104_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513106_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513107_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

A lovely restaurant ~ I would definitely return here, maybe I will try the character tea next time. :goodvibes

We ate here in Nov/Dec 2005 and it was fab, good selection of home cooked dishes, plenty of veg, nice and clean. In fact we ate there 3 nights out of five as it was so good and reasonably priced. So it was a HUGE dissapointment when we went back in Dec 2006 to find really poor quality food and dirty floors. The only time I would eat at Plaza Gardens would be for a character tea which is still excellent.
Thanks for reading
Janet

im so galg i found this i have my 18th birthday and mum and dad have booked it for me and i was so excited i was just desperste to no what it was like thank you thank you thank you some thing more to llok forward to yay

we've just returned here and had the character tea party for £9 each and found it wonderful value for money. there were plenty of food on offer, hash browns, sausages, scrambled egg, sausage rolls in pastry with sauce inside, fresh rolls, and butter, lovely cakes, mufins, fruits, yoghurts and as many hot or cold drinks as you wanted. the hot chocolate was lovely!!!!!

and of course you get the character interacation round to each table. my daughter loved this especially Rafiki (?) from lion king who taught her how to curtesy/bow!!!!

great value for £45 for a family of 5. meal lasted about 1.5 hours

We went to the the Character Tea here last year (going again this year) and thought it was very good value for money and the character interaction was great too. :thumbsup2 They had a chocolate gateau cake with a creamy mousse filling which was sooooo delicious, hope it's still available this year! :love:

We went to the Character tea in June 2006. After check-in into our hotel we went to the concierge desk to make reservations for the correct date and time with our Character tea vouchers booked with our package. We decided to try the one at 15:30. They only let us into the restaurant a few minutes before 15:30. I seem to recall that all tables in this part of the restaurant where occupied. Approximately six tables had the birthday character tea. Characters we saw were Tigger, Pluto, Gepetto, Minnie Mouse, Pinocchio, Robin Hood. The food was good and there was plenty to choose from. Drinks were already in cups. You could go back for seconds. When I went back for another fruitcup and a drink I took the photos of the buffet. The character tea we would definitely do again on another trip. There was an official Disney photographer taking pictures.

P9060011.jpg

P9060020.jpg

P9060019.jpg

P9060018.jpg

P9060017-1.jpg

That looks absolutely delicious!!
thanks for posting up the pics!
now i really can't wait to go!

Does this place only offers buffet for lunch or do they serve buffet for dinner too?

They do serve buffets for dinner too but how late they will take reservations for will depend on what time the park is closing.

How is the quality of the food nowadays? During our last visit of the Plaza Gardens (2 years ago) we were not very satisfied. Has anyone been recently and can give a feedback? :)

As many of you just returned from the Resort I would like to ask again: Has anyone been at the Plaza Gardens for Dinner and could tell me something about the quality of the food nowadays? Merci. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!