Please come in and check out our rough draft plan for 2 weeks in Japan, thoughts & suggestions... updated 10/22

LoL I don't know if I will be able to get DH up that early... He will say we are on vacation, I'm not getting up that early... then I have to play the crowd card... :thumbsup2
It is 100% worth it to get there early I promise. Plus you get to see the sun rise! We got amazing pictures with no one in them because it was morning. Idk if you like cats but we also saw about 4 wandering the path which was pretty cute. I had one walk next to me for awhile

It is 100% worth it to get there early I promise. Plus you get to see the sun rise! We got amazing pictures with no one in them because it was morning. Idk if you like cats but we also saw about 4 wandering the path which was pretty cute. I had one walk next to me for awhile

I jotted it down in the book about the sunrise, so I will be able to remember later on. why we need to get up so early.. I would like to see the sunrise, it would be a once in a life time experience... Great Tip

Last edited:
We are planning on next year somewhere from mid November to the first week of December 2020... It will be just the 2 of us, we don't travel commando style. We are planning on 8 nights touring Tokyo and Osaka, and 5 nights at Tokyo Disneyland, We really want to be able to experience the parks dressed all up for Christmas... We have been trying decided on where to start and end our trip... In some ways I want to end at Disneyland, then I thought maybe we should break it some how, and do Disney in the middle of the trip so that we aren't completely tired and worn out... so we are still figuring out how the flow of the trip should be...
Whatever you do, just make sure you aren't in the parks on a Saturday or Sunday!! The two times we have gone we got to the resort Sunday night after spending a few days in Tokyo and Kyoto and then did the parks monday through friday/saturday and we didn't encounter horrible crowds at all! Also for Xmas decorations they should be up by 11/7 or 11/8 the latest. Last year we were in the parks on monday 11/5 and all decorations were up, and all xmas merchandise and food was available. The xmas parade at DL didnt start till 11/8 though.

Whatever you do, just make sure you aren't in the parks on a Saturday or Sunday!! The two times we have gone we got to the resort Sunday night after spending a few days in Tokyo and Kyoto and then did the parks monday through friday/saturday and we didn't encounter horrible crowds at all! Also for Xmas decorations they should be up by 11/7 or 11/8 the latest. Last year we were in the parks on monday 11/5 and all decorations were up, and all xmas merchandise and food was available. The xmas parade at DL didnt start till 11/8 though.

Op here,
Thanks for the tips... I did not realize that the decorations for Christmas would be up that early... more info going into my notes..

If you are interested in the Shibuya crossing, you may want to check out the newly opened Shibuya Scramble Square. It features shopping, dining, and an observation deck of Shibuya (and, I believe, the crossing) for 2,000 yen pp.
Haven't been yet personally, but I would be willing to check it out for the food options alone.

If you are interested in the Shibuya crossing, you may want to check out the newly opened Shibuya Scramble Square. It features shopping, dining, and an observation deck of Shibuya (and, I believe, the crossing) for 2,000 yen pp.
Haven't been yet personally, but I would be willing to check it out for the food options alone.

Oh Thanks so much... I will put this in my notes, and check it out... sound like a one stop shopping kinda place, and you can get in for under 20.00 buck US, might be worth it...

Hi,

Agree with Haley on Team Borderless Lab in Odaiba, make sure you do the drawings as it comes to life :)! Also, if anyone is a big Gundam fan, they do have the huge Unicorn Gundam Statue by the mall there as well to take pictures with.

We also went up the Tokyo Sky Tree, similar to the feel of the Paris Eiffel Tower experience but everything was inside. They do have a glass floor to allow you to look down.

We rode the Shinkansen to Nagano from Tokyo Station and it was a great experience. I actually had a kick watching the workers clean it and how they acknowledge when they're done as they lined up outside and bowed before we got on, not sure if they do that regularly.

If you get to Yokohama ( i know it's not in your itinerary ) def need to check the Cup Noodle Museum, it was fun for the family, we got to make our own ramen noodles there (and was cheap to do)

We stayed primarily by Disney so we took the Limo bus to and from Narita. Was pretty easy and straight forward,similar to how Disney World works from Orlando and the bus schedule. We purchased one way from the airport to the Sheraton and at the bell desk at the Sheraton a few days before. The buses were comfortable.

Have a great time, you're going to have a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!