Please help. Confusion. Save enough to justify date change?

mlwear

DIS Veteran
Wow. Just got on the DIS this weekend and saw this news about Free Dining. :disrocks: I'm trying to figure it out by putting pieces together. I would be SO grateful if anyone can answer a few questions and provide advice.

Fiirst, the check out date for our current reservation is August 14! :crazy2:
Our schedule could allow us to change our dates by flip-flopping our vacation. :thumbsup2

Free Dining could be worth it, but I can't figure out enough to know for sure.

?'s, if anyone could be so kind to share what they know:

A couple of posts have said that the offer is for the value resorts. Is this offer exclusive to the value resorts?
Another post said the free dining rooms for the Poly are all taken already. Can anyone verify?
Would my savings be significant enough to change our vacation...anyone good with figures? I have a AAA package. So, I'd lose the discount. My current reservation is Aug. 9-14, so I think I ended up with a 10% discount (?). My current reservation is Poly LVC, 6 day park hopper, with dining (3 adults (one is 11 years old) and 1 child,. My total is $4199.54. Would the free dining code save me more than what I am currently saving with AAA?

If so, do you think I'll have a decent shot at getting the same room type through my AAA agent on Tuesday? I don't have a Disney Visa and AAA is giving me an extra $100 discount for booking a trip with them (a thank you for booking last year-- sweet :goodvibes )

I also already have all my ADR's for the current reservation.

BTW, my BD is the 13th--the start of Free Dining. Would be nice if this was some BD pixie dust pixiedust:
But, I'd like to figure out if this is really a good savings before switching my whole trip around.
TIA

I can tell you what I have booked. We are staying 10 nights at the POFQ starting Aug. 21st. With the free dining, I got a rate of just over $2800. This is with 10 day ticket, water parks and hopper. So, I can attest to the fact that it isn't just for value resorts. Starting April 4th, this promotion will be open to the general public. It can't hurt to call Disney and just ask them to price the vacation for you with the free dining. Then you can compare the two offers. Also, remember, many people call and make reservations on a whim and then do not pay the deposit on time. Availability is subject to change. Can't hurt to call and see. Good Luck

go to the WDW website and price the exact same vacation only do not add the dining pkg in since it is free...then you can compare prices yourself...my guess is may be NO with going to Poly LVC...but who knows!!

I had a room-only ressie for Poly LVC for Aug. 15-19 (4 nights, 2 adults & 2 juniors) at the AAA rate, which was saving me $92/night. In your case, you're probably saving the same $92/night on your room portion of the package. For the free dining to be of any value to you, you would have to have budgeted at least $92/night for your food budget to begin with.

For me, it was a no-brainer b/c I used to budget $125/day for the 4 of us. Now that DS is 14 and eating me out of house and home, I would probably have had to raise that amount by $10-$15/day anyway. I'm not sure if the same would work for you (having younger kids makes a big difference in the food budget).

aka-mad4themouse said:
I had a room-only ressie for Poly LVC for Aug. 15-19 (4 nights, 2 adults & 2 juniors) at the AAA rate, which was saving me $92/night. In your case, you're probably saving the same $92/night on your room portion of the package. For the free dining to be of any value to you, you would have to have budgeted at least $92/night for your food budget to begin with.

For me, it was a no-brainer b/c I used to budget $125/day for the 4 of us. Now that DS is 14 and eating me out of house and home, I would probably have had to raise that amount by $10-$15/day anyway. I'm not sure if the same would work for you (having younger kids makes a big difference in the food budget).

Ok--so, I'm saving $92/night with AAA. We already are planning on dining at $125/night. So, if I change my dates my savings with be $33/day x 5 days, which is $165 for the entire trip.
I think that's what my math on WDW site showed as well.
Hmmm...I already have the ADR's I want. Saving $165 would be great, but not sure if it is worth changing all the vacation plans for.

Thanks for your help. :goodvibes

mlwear said:
Ok--so, I'm saving $92/night with AAA. We already are planning on dining at $125/night. So, if I change my dates my savings with be $33/day x 5 days, which is $165 for the entire trip.
I think that's what my math on WDW site showed as well.
Hmmm...I already have the ADR's I want. Saving $165 would be great, but not sure if it is worth changing all the vacation plans for.

Thanks for your help. :goodvibes

I agree, $165 sounds good and all, but I would probably just keep my dates as is if I were you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter