Please help me decide between RPR and PBH?

ruthies12

DIS Veteran
We are doing a Disney weekend for my bday in December and have transport set up with Tony Hinds to pick us up from Art of Animation at 7:30 am on that Monday morning and drop us off at our Universal Hotel. Going to check in and head straight to the park, then the next day just spend some time at the pool before he picks us back up at 3 in the afternoon to take us to MCO. I have a seasonal pass and am buying one day park tickets for DH and both DDs, ages 10 and 5.

I've stayed at RPR before and I like how close the walking is, however, we will probably use the boats this time cause DH isn't a fan of walking and I'll already be dragging him through a full day at the park. Never stayed at PBH before but I scored an APH rate on a deluxe 2 queen room for the exact same amount of money as what I had paid for a regular 2 queen room at RPR rack rate.

so now I need to cancel one of these rooms- which would you choose and why? Is the pool better at PBH? Rooms better? It's only for one night and it is the same price either way down to the penny lol.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too, it's a good opportunity to check out a different hotel, but never having stayed there and being there on my bday I was wondering if there was a good reason to stick with RPR in anybody elses opinion......

It’s always fun to try a hotel that is new to you

Then you can compare them and know if you have a favorite hotel

Very easy to visit a hotel for a meal no matter where you stay on property

You can't go wrong with either, but I would vote for PBH as well. More dining options at the resort and a quick walk to HRH if you want to pool hop or check out some of their dining options as well.

I vote to stay at RPR, and you can still ride the boats. However, if the boats aren't running due to weather, I would much rather walk to RPR than PBH. Only drawback I see.

Plus, we always make our way over to PBH for Sal's Pizza, no need to stay there...in my opinion.

Go PBH. 1. You get to try something you haven't done. 2. The room is larger for the same money. 3. The boat ride is beautiful.

I have stayed at PBH twice and too many to count at RPR and consider RPR my Universal home - but PBH is wonderful, the rooms are bigger and if park distance is not a consideration and price is the same - go for PBH!

I would do RP or HRH, probably in the minority. Stayed at PBH, only once and felt a bit too isolated for us, a little too quiet.. Love the short walk from HRH or RPR or boats. Just our preference...Have Fun, onsite hotels with EP are great!:thumbsup2

Thank you for the opinions everyone! If I go with PBH I'll just have to really hope the boats are running, I don't mind a walk but the DH and kids will mind....

I vote for RPR. We love that resort, and are not the type to change if we really like something. Just a different viewpoint:) Either one will be great!

Thank you for the opinions everyone! If I go with PBH I'll just have to really hope the boats are running, I don't mind a walk but the DH and kids will mind....

We stayed at PBH in Sept a couple of years ago. The boats were great, never a long wait. There was a thunderstorm one evening and we wanted to eat at RPR (boats not running), we found out there is a dining shuttle during the evening hours that goes to all the resorts. If the boats aren't running because of weather I wouldn't want to be walking in it either. They do also have a shuttle to Citiwalk if that is the case.

I love RPR and that is my usual resort, but I like the pools at PBH better. The Villa pool is great for adults, and the main one is good for kids. I usually spend some time at the Villa pool even when I am staying at Cabana Bay.

I would do RP or HRH, probably in the minority. Stayed at PBH, only once and felt a bit too isolated for us, a little too quiet.. Love the short walk from HRH or RPR or boats. Just our preference...Have Fun, onsite hotels with EP are great!:thumbsup2

Totally agree with the above post. We stayed there in July, one month after HP Hogsmede in IOA opened. PBH was so quiet, too quiet. The long walk was ok in the AM, but too long on our way back. We ended up using the rick-shaw everyday. The boat schedule never quite jived with ours.
PBH is a gorgeous resort, the rooms are large and very well decorated.

HRH is our favorite. It's so lively and the walk is super short.

Never had a problem with boat waits at PBH. If the money is the same take PBH all day long!!!

I just reread your post.
Since you only have one night at the hotel, go with pbh since it is the cheapest of the two.

You will have the first day in the parks and what time is left on day two, at the pool and walk around the place and check out what it has to offer.

That will help you decide where to book for your next darkside trip.

I have felt that it is a longer walk from tower 3(the one with the spa on the ground floor) to universal studios front gate was longer than the walk from PBH to universal front gate. Now this was staying in the room closest to the PBH boat dock and cutting across the HRH parking lot. I have never walked the path to Universal from PBH, but have either taken the boat or if I just missed the boat walked using the HRH shortcut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!