Please Help! Planning trip from the UK (hopefully!)

I am far too scared/anxious to drive on the opposite side of the road.

I'm the same! I can just about manage driving comfortably over here in the UK, so the thought of driving abroad sounds awful. Especially busy locations.

you need to be careful with offsite accommodations.
Some of the hotels add on a "resort fee" when you check in and it can be a hefty amount of money.
They don't include it in the amount they show you when you're booking but it's a required amount that they add on.
They make themselves look very cheap when you book the room and then when you get there, you're shocked to discover the additional fee (usually at least $25/night).
i'm not saying where you're booked has one, but check to be sure.

Is that even legal, to not declare fees upfront?

After reading a few other threads...

Are we mad not to drive if we can?

DH drove both our previous trips. He hated it. Too much pressure on not getting lost (no sat nav) and just uncomfortable on the roads.
Was hoping the cost of parking/petrol along with car hire, would work out about the same as getting an Uber/lyft etc.
Any advice greatly appreciated...

We rented a sat nav on eBay. I told the seller all the places i wanted to go and he even pre programmed all the destinations in. Was so simple to follow.

Also I am a nervous driver here but really did feel ok driving over there. Car was automatic so I didn't have to concentrate or worry about any of that. Our rental car had multiple reverse camera views combines with much bigger parking spaces, minimum roundabouts.

We did a short onsite stay first and used only Disney transport then our Disney hotel arranged to take us to car care centre and get the car for second half of our trip.

After reading a few other threads...

Are we mad not to drive if we can?

DH drove both our previous trips. He hated it. Too much pressure on not getting lost (no sat nav) and just uncomfortable on the roads.
Was hoping the cost of parking/petrol along with car hire, would work out about the same as getting an Uber/lyft etc.
Any advice greatly appreciated...

i drive there as i'm an american.
On the other hand, i would NEVER drive in the UK.
Just riding in a car in the UK has my head exploding.

My daughter, who is used to driving on the american side (here in Israel we drive on the same side as america), but she HATES driving in the US.
She's rented a car a few times when visiting the USA but now refuses.
She rented when they were in Alaska and again in Orlando.
The driving in Orlando and even just on property completely freaked her out.
She finds Orlando drivers to be both bad drivers and incredibly rude drivers.
So she sticks with disney transportation when she's at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!