Please help? Points question

Disneysnel

Mouseketeer
Hello DVCers,

We are renting points for a trip this NOV. to try it out and possibly become members.

My question is if any one of you have the new members book would you please look up how many points it is to stay at the GF on Nov. 12. I would really appreciate it if you could give me all the points i.e.: For a garden view, bayview, conceirge, etc.

Thank you so much - in advance- Kelly

for 2001, there is no choice of room, just standard. One night is 30 points. Not a good use of points for one night or to think about becoming a member though. You should spend the one night in a villa accomodation to get the real feel of DVC.

Thanks Pluto and you are right but we are already staying a week at OKW and all the other resorts are booked for the time we are there. We tried a wait list (can't get the DVC member to put me back on the list)but it didn't come through and I thought I saw a post somewhere that in the new book there were various rates.

We are also going to AKL so instead of OKW/AKL/OKW we want to do OKW/AKL/GF or BC then we are going to stay a night at the Portofino Bay Hotel.

This is our 10th anniversary and we want everything to be perfect. I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the person we rented the points from to help me with this. Do you know when I will be in charge of my reservation and I will not have to go through her? Do I have to wait until I check in?

Again, Thank you in advance for your help.

honestly don't know when you gain control - have never been the rentee or rentor. As for specific rooms, that starts 2002 with a substantial point increase. But the DVC is most definately one of the best investments I have ever made. So much in fact that I've purchased two add-ons.

Pluto is correct that this year a stay in November would be 30 points (more for a Friday or Saturday).

Next year, the different views kick-in. To give you an idea:

With the exception of Nov. 1 & 2 points would be:

Garden Su-Th 35; Fri-Sat 63
Lagoon Su-Th 41; Fri-Sat 74
Concierge Su-Th 58; Fri-Sat 104

For Nov. 1& 2 the points are:

Garden Su-Th 39; Fri-Sat 70
Lagoon Su-Th 46; Fri-Sat 83
Concierge Su-Th 65; Fri-Sat 117

I am also not sure whether or not points can be rented for cash to use the non-DVC Disney resorts. I'd be sure that it won't be a problem before going ahead and booking.

Also, with the amount of deals out there right now, I'd be sure I'm not paying more to rent points than what Disney would charge.

As to when you gain control of the point reservation, technically never. Any transactions have to go through the owner to DVC.

1. You never actually have control of the reservation until you show up and thus need to deal with and through the member until then.

2. Points stated above (30 for run of the house) for GF are for this year--that change you heard about for different point levels for different types of rooms does not go into effect until 2002.

3. A member can reserve a non-DVC Disney resort for a person renting from the member. However, the member you are dealing with could not make the reservation you desire if that member is now within the last 60 days of his "use year." Don't know his use year but if it is December the ressie cannot be made. Also, if you have reserved OKW/AKL/OKW trip sequence, it may be difficult for the member to make a change at this time. Understand when you rent through a member it is best to get a ressie and stick with it as trying to make changes, particularly at the last minute, can be difficult and often impossible because of rules applicable to members and their reservations.

4. Likely you can get reduced rates through other means for a stay at GF or one of the other deluxes for less than they you would probably pay for the points.

Thanks everyone who replied to my post.

We have decided just to stick wih our original plans as we have already paid for our points and after a note from DOC and a calculator we figured we would be paying almost 500.00 for the one night at GF.

We will just do the GF/PBH next trip. Again, Thank you all so much. At least now I can just get on with all the details of this much anticipated trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter