Please help!

linco711

DIS Veteran
Just switched October reservation to a 1 bedroom garden view! I asked for 9 th floor or above, Ewa Tower,
In the 50’s series. Hoping to avoid construction views. It will just be my husband and I. What do you all think? Should I change anything?

No construction at all next door as of today. I doubt that they will even break ground to start construction of the Atlaantis resort before Jan 2020.

I agree with Frank, you will be fine.

There have been those construction rumours floating around for 4 or 5 years. I guess it will eventually happen but even if it has started by then, the doors on the units at Aulani are amazing for sound proofing, I doubt you would hear anything. As far as being unsightly, I think being 9th floor or above will give you enough of a buffer that even if they have started you will see the vista of the island as you look out.

October is such a nice time of year to visit Hawaii too!

I agree with Frank, you will be fine.

There have been those construction rumours floating around for 4 or 5 years. I guess it will eventually happen but even if it has started by then, the doors on the units at Aulani are amazing for sound proofing, I doubt you would hear anything. As far as being unsightly, I think being 9th floor or above will give you enough of a buffer that even if they have started you will see the vista of the island as you look out.

October is such a nice time of year to visit Hawaii too!

Thank you!

Just switched October reservation to a 1 bedroom garden view! I asked for 9 th floor or above, Ewa Tower,
In the 50’s series. Hoping to avoid construction views. It will just be my husband and I. What do you all think? Should I change anything?

Is there such an animal? I thought the Ewa 50s faced the pool and ocean on one side with the lower floors garden views and the upper floors ocean view. The other side faces the island, convention center, etc, doesn't it?

At any rate, have a great time!

Is there such an animal? I thought the Ewa 50s faced the pool and ocean on one side with the lower floors garden views and the upper floors ocean view. The other side faces the island, convention center, etc, doesn't it?

At any rate, have a great time!

Thank you...It figures I’d get it wrong. I’m only concerned because we’ll probably be spending a lot of time on the balcony since my husband and I both have mobility problems.

Thank you...It figures I’d get it wrong. I’m only concerned because we’ll probably be spending a lot of time on the balcony since my husband and I both have mobility problems.
Fortunately we don’t have those issues (yet?), but I think I noticed there is a lift chair at the hot tub closest to the lobby. Not sure if it accesses the lazy river at the adjacent entry or not. Im sure folks here have more of that info than I do, if you are interested! The walkways at Aulani inside and out are very wide and level, so hopefully you’ll be able to maneuver well. I know you will enjoy your trip!!

What construction were you referring to? The pools/lazy river are undergoing refurbishment at Aulani during your stay but there is no construction other than that. Were you referring to the pools?

What construction were you referring to? The pools/lazy river are undergoing refurbishment at Aulani during your stay but there is no construction other than that. Were you referring to the pools?

Yes... I’m concerned about the refurbishment.

No construction at all next door as of today. I doubt that they will even break ground to start construction of the Atlaantis resort before Jan 2020.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the pool refurbishments that I heard would be quite extensive.

Pool refurbs won’t start till mid August and assuming things stay on schedule (it will likely take longer)...there doesn’t seem like a huge impact to your view would happen.

They split the refurb up into 2 parts, and since 1 of the 2 slides is open during each part...the volcano (the tallest feature in the pool area) shouldn’t have much (if any) scaffolding up around it. Also if you can see the pools from your room on the 9th floor...you’d probably also be able to see the ocean to some extent.

Throwing this out there. Idk what your expected usage of the balcony is. We had ocean view our first trip and loved it. Second trip we had a lovely view of the parking lot and didn’t use it and kept the curtains closed. I feel like if you don’t have the beach anyways no loss. We did the same for our trip to Maui. If it’s not ocean view it’s meh for me. I signed on for construction view at a lower price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter