PLEASE SHARE -What is it like to resort park now?

Just got back from our stay. No one took our plate numbers at all when checking in. Looked around but couldn’t immediately locate a scanner, although it could have been very well hidden. Also didn’t see anyone going around the resort late at night to check tags (both nights we got back late- after 11pm, close to midnight). They ended up not charging us for any vehicles. Couldn’t believe it. Not sure if it’s just not as enforced at some places like others, but POR at least seems to be not enforcing the policy at least as of this Memorial Day weekend...
Did you book prior to March 21 2018?

okay, I said I would report back after having breakfast at poly on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.
We ended up booking dolphin VERY last minute so we wouldn’t have to drive home Sunday night, so we actually had breakfast at poly Sunday and yacht club Monday morning.
Both times the guard shack scanned my band, made sure I had a reservation and offered directions to self parking.
No extra instructions, no time limits mentioned, no chalking tires, etc. seems like for resort visits, it is business as usual, even on a holiday weekend.

Also, not totally related, but getting out of the Dolphin with those parking machines was a MESS on Monday morning. (I’ve used them before without a problem) It seemed everyone was having an issue, and the line was backed up. REALLY hope Disney resorts don’t implement those things.

okay, I said I would report back after having breakfast at poly on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.
We ended up booking dolphin VERY last minute so we wouldn’t have to drive home Sunday night, so we actually had breakfast at poly Sunday and yacht club Monday morning.
Both times the guard shack scanned my band, made sure I had a reservation and offered directions to self parking.
No extra instructions, no time limits mentioned, no chalking tires, etc. seems like for resort visits, it is business as usual, even on a holiday weekend.

Also, not totally related, but getting out of the Dolphin with those parking machines was a MESS on Monday morning. (I’ve used them before without a problem) It seemed everyone was having an issue, and the line was backed up. REALLY hope Disney resorts don’t implement those things.

No, after.

Pixie dust or Disney error?

Just got back from five days at Movies. Just like our previous stay, checked in online and used the magicband to scan through the automatic gate everytime. Never went through the security guard side. Checked out Tuesday and no parking charges on the bill at all. We were parked in disabled parking the whole time so maybe that made a difference.

Just got back from five days at Movies. Just like our previous stay, checked in online and used the magicband to scan through the automatic gate everytime. Never went through the security guard side. Checked out Tuesday and no parking charges on the bill at all. We were parked in disabled parking the whole time so maybe that made a difference.

It does. Cars with handicapped placards/plates are not charged for parking.

Stayed at POP in April and didn’t use disabled parking that time at all. Wasn't charged parking then either.

I'm selfishly hoping the inconsistency lasts another month+ in hopes I don't get charged, lol!
Not selfish. Others aren't being charged, so why should everyone else be?
I find it incredibly backwards that guests will go in a bit anxious and hoping for a touch of that magic pixie dust so they don't have to pay for the ridiculous parking fees WDW added on simply to pad their pockets.

@BridgetBordeaux thank you for taking the time to call! I really appreciate you researching that for us. Ugh, that is heartbreaking. $40 PER CAR means $120 extra for our memorial day weekend. That's the cost of our basic meals and drinks for the weekend. Wow. Hopefully that's not the case. I'll update you all as soon as our stay is done!
Could you park 2 cars for free at Disney Springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!