Please Stop Trying to Hold My Hand...We're Going to Conorado Springs! - A May 2018 TR *COMPLETE 11/8

Joining in, sounds like a fun time. I travel with my dd, she is 18 and we are going in August before she starts her freshman year at college!

We stayed at AoA LM in 2012, it was really new at that time. The LM rooms are a hike but we loved the way each area was designed, so cool!

Other than the early morning wake-up call, sounds like a VERY fetch first few hours of the day. Panera for breakfast and Starbucks before the flight (even though they were out of everything). Plus, I LOVE Kelsey's sunglasses. And your comfort colors shirt!!

I'm glad you liked your Little Mermaid room, it's so adorable!!

I actually would have died in Disney Springs if I had waited 50 minutes after such a long travel day. Yikes, ya'll had a l o n g day but I'm excited to see what the rest of the trip had in store for you guys!!

41963067694_2ecf2e462a_z.jpg

This room is really cute! Are there bubbles on the white sheet? I do miss the colorful comforters and runners, but at least there's some detail!

This is the best part!

I've always wanted to stay at AoA but my DH isn't that interested yet. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

Glad to hear you made it to Disney in one piece! It must have been a long day for you. But you are in Disney! Can't wait to hear about your first day.

What an early start! You especially must have been exhausted! Thank goodness all your travel went smoothly!

You both look so cute in front of the sign when you arrived at MCO!

So jealous that you got to stay in the Little Mermaid room! Looks adorable!

That is terrible about the Starbucks being out of everything I would have stumped as to what to order if I was confronted with "we're out of that" with every attempt to order.

That was definitely how I felt! I'm such a creature of habit, so it was a struggle.

Joining in, sounds like a fun time. I travel with my dd, she is 18 and we are going in August before she starts her freshman year at college!

Welcome, welcome!! That is so exciting--I hope y'all have a magical trip!

We stayed at AoA LM in 2012, it was really new at that time. The LM rooms are a hike but we loved the way each area was designed, so cool!

We absolutely loved it here. The details are just amazing!

Other than the early morning wake-up call, sounds like a VERY fetch first few hours of the day. Panera for breakfast and Starbucks before the flight (even though they were out of everything). Plus, I LOVE Kelsey's sunglasses. And your comfort colors shirt!!

All in all, not a bad way to start the trip! Thanks so much! :D

I actually would have died in Disney Springs if I had waited 50 minutes after such a long travel day. Yikes, ya'll had a l o n g day but I'm excited to see what the rest of the trip had in store for you guys!!

It was definitely a struggle. But I was glad we did it that night rather than having to do it at a park the next morning.

This room is really cute! Are there bubbles on the white sheet? I do miss the colorful comforters and runners, but at least there's some detail!

You know, I really can't remember if there were bubbles or not. Honestly the detail throughout the rest of the room makes up for the white bedspreads imo!

This is the best part!

I thought so too!!

I've always wanted to stay at AoA but my DH isn't that interested yet. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

I hope you get to stay there someday! It's a great resort. :)

Glad to hear you made it to Disney in one piece! It must have been a long day for you. But you are in Disney! Can't wait to hear about your first day.

Long travel day, but it was definitely worth it.

Joining in!!

:welcome:

What an early start! You especially must have been exhausted! Thank goodness all your travel went smoothly!

It was very early. I just kept reminding myself that I was on my way to WDW, and that made things a lot easier. :upsidedow

You both look so cute in front of the sign when you arrived at MCO!

Aww thanks so much!

So jealous that you got to stay in the Little Mermaid room! Looks adorable!

AoA has been on my list basically since it opened, so I was so excited to finally get to stay there!

Joining in!

:welcome:

Can't wait to hear more! I enjoyed reading your prior reports!

Hi :wave: joining in. How exciting to have the first year of college behind you. I remember reading your last trip report which I think was for your graduation trip.

Following! :) I am in my first year of grad school now so I have that "freshman" feeling again for the first time in four years & I hope I can join you in surviving it :rotfl:

"This Is Not Infinity War!"
Day 1

Our Plans:

BTMRR 1:40-2:40pm
Tony's Town Square Restaurant 2:50pm
PPF 4:25-5:25pm
7DMT 5:55-6:55pm

It was finally our first park day! My alarm went off at 6:00, and my excitement made it pretty easy to get up and going. Kelsey got up around 6:40, and we left the room at 7:10—right on schedule! We stopped at Landscape of Flavors on our way to the bus stop to fill our mugs and water bottles. When we walked outside, there was a MK bus already at the stop!

IMG_0702
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Before long, we had arrived!

IMG_0704

We made it through bag check really quickly and were in line at the touch stiles just before 7:45. We were let inside the park just a few minutes later.

Main Street was basically empty, and it was WONDERFUL. We took advantage of it and took lots of pictures!

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20180508_411422176374

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20180508_411550002660

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20180508_411550036146

MK_PARTRIGHT_20180508_411422067236

MK_PARTRIGHT_20180508_411550002670

IMG_0713

IMG_0711

IMG_0183

1 (8)

1 (7)

Around 8:15, we headed back up to Starbucks to get some caffeine in us.

1 (4)

Drinks in hand, we found a spot on the left side of the hub to watch the welcome show.

IMG_0718

IMG_0722

Once the show was over, we headed straight through Adventureland to Frontierland and were in line for BTMRR by 9:04. We walked straight on and rode near the front. We got right back in line and walked on again! We checked wait times and decided to head to Jungle Cruise since the wait was short (I think the app said it was posted 10). When we got over there, though, it was actually posted 40. We decided to pass, and we headed back towards Pirates instead. Standby was posted 5 minutes, so we walked right on!

IMG_0725

IMG_0726

IMG_0728

IMG_0729

MK_PIRATESRIDE_20180508_411422724510

After Pirates, we decided to hop on the Magic Carpets.

IMG_0731

Then we walked over to a nearby ear cart to try to find some ears for Kelsey. She had her heart set on a pair of rose gold ears, so we had to keep looking. Then, we were off to the Haunted Mansion. It had a 10-minute posted wait time, but we actually walked on.

IMG_0735

We got stopped for a few minutes just past all the staircases, but it was otherwise a normal visit with the happy haunts. There was a PP photographer outside the Mansion when we came outside, so we stopped for some pictures.

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20180508_411423273356

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20180508_411423273359

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20180508_411423273360

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20180508_411423273361

YAAASS to empty main street pics!!!

DOUBLE YAAASS to starbucks!!!

You guys had a great morning, BTMRR, Pirates, Carpets, and HM all before lunch with pictures to boot? Perfection.

I hope Kelsey eventually found her rose gold ears!!!

Such adorable pre park opening pics! You both are too cute!

You guys were crushing the low wait times!

Love the HM magic shots!

Oh man so early! I have no mastered the art of waking up early at Disney

I'm a morning person, but Kelsey is definitely not. I was very impressed with how well she did with the early mornings!

The perks of waking up at 6 am :rotfl2:

Definitely!

Such a cute photo!

Thanks! :)

It looks like a nice productive morning at MK, cute pictures!

It really was! Thanks so much! :D

YAAASS to empty main street pics!!!

I wasn't sure how I felt about the change to allow people onto MSUSA at 8am...after this trip, I think it's great!

DOUBLE YAAASS to starbucks!!!

:love::love:

You guys had a great morning, BTMRR, Pirates, Carpets, and HM all before lunch with pictures to boot? Perfection.

It honestly made me tired just typing it all out!:rotfl:

I hope Kelsey eventually found her rose gold ears!!!

We'll see....:goodvibes:confused3

Such adorable pre park opening pics! You both are too cute!

Aw thank you! :D

You guys were crushing the low wait times!

It was great! Definitely one of my favorite things about rope drop.

Love the HM magic shots!

I do too! I was so excited to see a photographer out there, and I wish they were there more often!

Great pictures in the park and sounds like a fun start to your first park day!

The LM rooms are so adorable :goodvibes We stayed in one for a few nights back in 2014, I begged my DH and two DS's lol since I'm the only girl in the family and never get to do girly things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter