Please suggest Tokyo hotel for short post Disney stay

Our family of four (two teenagers) have been to Tokyo and TDR twice in the past three years. Both times we've taken NEX from Narita to Tokyo then transferred to the Keiyo Line out to Disney luggage and all. The connection gives you the grand tour of the entire Tokyo Station, just be ready to get off the train when it stops.
It can be done.

We've stayed at the MiraCosta (pricey) at Disney Sea and Disney Celebration (15 minute bus ride from TDR) Hotel. The only other hotel was a Comfort Hotel near Kiyosumi-Shirakawa subway station. Reasonable and nice. Try booking.com for neighborhood info, prices and pictures.

You'll find ATMs at all 7-11, Lawson's & FamilyMart locations. Best way to obtain cash as we found most transactions were still in cash. I agree with exchanging back into dollars at Narita/Haneda and not in US.

I agree with everyone else about the safety and security in Tokyo. It's not a concern.

Don't worry about the flights as the time will pass (you'll nap, eat, watch 2-3 movies and shows and catch up on any reading you bring along).

The food in Tokyo is great and reasonable. Try a McDonalds/Wendy's/KFC for comparison, but also be adventurous. We stumbled across a sushi go-round restaurant in Shibuya called Genki Sushi. It's a chain (Honolulu has them) but others like them are around Tokyo. Kinda fun......

I like the idea of the grand tour on the train.

We have two nights booked at Disneyland Hotel and two nights at Mira Costa and then are looking for two nights for a very short stay in Tokyo proper. Thanks for your input!

Tokyo is extremely safe. I've visited as an obviously foreign woman solo many many many times.

It depends on your price range and which airport you are using? If you're going with money is no object and you are tryin to get to Narita you want the Tokyo Station Hotel which is literally on the Marounouchi side of Tokyo Station.

Coming from TDR you take the Keiyo/Musashino line to Tokyo Station walk through the station to the Marounouchi side and voila. It's possible someone from the hotel would meet you in the station, I know they do meet the NEX and the shinkansen. When leaving, they will take you to your NEX to go back to Narita and will carry any bags you have to the NEX. It's pretty awesome. For a 2 person room or 2 person and child under 12 room, it will cost you around 35,000-40,000 yen a night. Their King rooms have actual King beds.

Good luck!

UPDATE ...

I always appreciate a poster coming back to write the “final act” after they’ve posted a question, so here’s mine. I am writing this from Tokyo Station Hotel! So easy taking the train (although I must admit I miss having English speaking cast members around) and only slightly less easy finding the hotel entrance from inside the station. It’s gorgeous here and truly a memorable end to our trip.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have been in Tokyo many times. I go with Airbnb when it comes where I sleep. It is cheap, easy and you get to live where ever you want in entire Tokyo. I love the feeling of stepping outside your "own" apartment on a gorgeous street full of all of that that makes Tokyo amazing. I am never ever going back to hotels when it comes to stay in Japan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts