Please tell me about your favorite DLR meals

French Market Cafe - Chicken plate (picture attached)
Troubadour Tavern (Fantasyland) - Loaded baked potato (picture attached)
Beignets from Mint Julep Bar
Swirled soft serve from DCA (Found at the cozy cones or the little ice cream stand on the pier across from cove bar)

Attachments

• Chicken.jpg
    Chicken.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 38
  • potato.jpg
    potato.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 36
I love love LOVE the fried chicken at Plaza Inn. Someone else mentioned it earlier and it truly is fantastic. And it's a huge meal- I would recommend splitting it, especially if you are wanting to leave room to try other foods! If the weather's nice, I found sitting outside overlooking Main St to be a very relaxing experience.

The Jolly Holiday combo at Jolly Holiday is one of my faves. Grilled cheese and tomato soup! Yum!

Disneyland
Plaza Inn...winner winner chicken dinner and Minnie and Friends character breakfast (make a reservation) food is good and lots of characters :yay:

Little Red Wagon...yummy corn dogs with chips or not (save a dollar)

Blue Bayou...we like the waterfront ambiance (ask for waterfront seating at check in) we like the beef strip loin

Cafe Orleans...love the pomme frites, gumbo and beignets

Carnation Cafe...baked potato soup and Main Street cheeseburger

California Adventure
Carthay Circle...signature fried biscuits, fire cracker duck wings, sesame ginger salmon...great old Hollywood atmosphere

Pacific Wharf Cafe...soup in a bread bowl

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain...sea salt Carmel sundae with hot fudge sooooo good

Earl of Sandwich @ DTD
pizza from Naples @ DTD (comparable to pizza from Via Napoli at Epcot)
Turkey dip sandwich @ Flo's V8 Cafe
breakfast at Rancho del Zocalo @ DL (nothing special, but it's a quiet spot that we enjoyed)
penne pasta from Plaza Inn @ DL (the pasta wasn't anything special but the actual restaurant being a 1955 original was special)

Beef nachos at Whitewater Snacks inside the GCH. Yum!

Everything else is a snack.... pepperjack cheese on a stick from Corndog Castle in DCA, beignets at the mint julep bar, churros, pretzels, popcorn, chimichungas from the various carts, and for favorite dessert...raspberry macaron from Jolly Holiday. Yum, yum, yum...

Some have already been mentioned, but I'm going to give my full list

-Beef nachos at White Water Snacks
-Baked Potato Soup and Fried Pickles at Carnation Cafe (DD also loves their chicken fried chicken)
-Chiliquilles (breakfast) or enchiladas (lunch/dinner) at Rancho Del Zocalo
-Gumbo at Cafe Orleans
-Holiday Turkey at Earl of Sandwhich
-Mickey pretzels and churros (but my family was not fond of the smores on currently being offered in critter country)
-Tigger Tails

A lot of my faves have been listed.

Skewers at Bengal BBQ.

Veggie sandwich at award wieners in DCA.

Pasta/salad at Boardwalk pizza pasta DCA (we share).

French market. I get salad. He's had variety. All good.

Plaza inn. I usually get a salad, pasta, etc. DH gets fried chicken.

Honorable mention to rancho del zocalo. Our meals have always been sub par at Cocina cucamonga. But prices have gone up and portions down. Of course. So now it's not a must have.

If you're going for table service we enjoy the food and ambiance at blue bayou. We don't go every trip. $$ I've had salmon. DH gets steak.

I've quit having dole whip since our local yogurt shop nOw has it. It melts too fast in dl!

Lamb burger at Uva bar
Smiling tiger salad at Napa Rose
Pizza (most of them are great!) at Naples
Ice cream sundaes at Ghiradelli (I've tried the salted caramel and butterscotch versions so far)

I did not even have to think about this one. Gumbo Ya Ya and Shrimp and Grits at Ralph Brennans.
And also a hot dog from Little Red Wagon and beignets.

At Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, DH and I like to order a crab cake appetizer and a steak dinner and split it. I get too full with a big dinner there, and that combo just tastes awesome together. They do something Southern style to that steak that is just magical. The Hurricane cocktails enhance the magic.

Somebody else mentioned the lamb burger at Uva Bar. Those are super yummy and different than anything I've had elsewhere.

Lots of other great things already mentioned. Agree with all of them. Have fun!

My favorite meals have been at Steakhouse 55.

At Cafe Orleans, Pomme Frites are a must.

At Carthay, the fried biscuits!

French Market has a great stew bowl!

A corn dog from Corn Dog Castle in DCA is great with WOC.

Actually, there is too much good food it is hard each trip to just do a few.

Does anyone know if there is something like a Tigger tail that's covered in real chocolate rather than white chocolate? Marshmallow, caramel and real chocolate sounds yummy.

Disneyland
Plaza Inn...winner winner chicken dinner and Minnie and Friends character breakfast (make a reservation) food is good and lots of characters :yay:

Little Red Wagon...yummy corn dogs with chips or not (save a dollar)

Blue Bayou...we like the waterfront ambiance (ask for waterfront seating at check in) we like the beef strip loin

Cafe Orleans...love the pomme frites, gumbo and beignets

Carnation Cafe...baked potato soup and Main Street cheeseburger

California Adventure
Carthay Circle...signature fried biscuits, fire cracker duck wings, sesame ginger salmon...great old Hollywood atmosphere

Pacific Wharf Cafe...soup in a bread bowl

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain...sea salt Carmel sundae with hot fudge sooooo good
Yum that is my favorite sundae!

DCA
Corn Dog Castle- love the hot link corn dog, but the regular is good as well
Cozy Cone- chocolate dipped soft serve ice cream cone
Pacific Warf Cafe- Everything I have had here is good, but my favorite is the Turkey Sandwich
Carthay Circle-everything we have had here has been good, I prefer DL CS to TS, but I like doing the WOC package here

DL
The Plaza- Fried Chicken (I am a bit obsessed with this)

DtD
Naples-Pizza

I really wasn't too impressed with Carthay Circle restaurant but the lounge food blew me away! The flatbread and the Vietnamese tacos were amazing.
I love the fried pickles and baked potato soup at Carnation.
I was not impressed with the beignets at RB but love love love the ones in the park by the French Market.

Ok, so it took me 2 days to figure it out, but I was finally able to post a few pictures on the first page!

New fav is the fried chicken at Plaza Inn. (DL)

Fried pickles and baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe (DL)

Hot link corn dog at Corn Dog Castle (DCA)

Fried Biscuits with the jam at Carthay Circle (DCA)

Used to like the tacos at Rancho del Zacola(DL) but they changed them to street tacos so don't try them last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter