Please tell me about your favorite DLR meals

Most of mine have been posted already, but here are a few I don't think were mentioned:

* Filet mignon with crayfish mashed potatoes at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, followed by the Double Chocolate Bread Pudding (trust me, it is to die for!!! Not like it sounds and comes with pitchers of white and dark chocolate!). Order the dessert ahead because it takes them a bit to make it for you. It's like a chocolate souffle that you can pour chocolate inside of and sometimes it comes with a scoop of homemade ice cream.

*Runner-up dessert at Jazz Kitchen: Bananas Foster. Made at your table, flaming, homemade vanilla bean ice cream on top...what's not to love?

*Blue Bayou surf and turf (lobster tail and filet mignon)

I share all of the above with someone else because it's a lot of food for just one person!

*A garlic and cheese bagel twist and/or a Boysen Apple Freeze from Maurice's (cart outside of the Princess Faire theater)

Forgot to mention a few!

*Chicken lettuce wraps at Trader Sam's
*Pineapple burger from Trader Sam's or Tangaroa Terrace

The cones at carsland.

The Oreo churro in downtown Disney.

Carthay Circle, Trader Joe's.

Not unique to Disney, but my new favorite place to eat in Dtd is tortilla jim's. Great margarita list. And good food too.

Anyone ever have the jalapeno and cheese pretzel? They have these in WDW, but I saw a post from DL twitter that said it can also be found in DCA. Is that correct?

Anyone ever have the jalapeno and cheese pretzel? They have these in WDW, but I saw a post from DL twitter that said it can also be found in DCA. Is that correct?
Coke Corner in DL and Bayside Brews in DCA both have the jalapeno cheese pretzel. I always get one at one of those places.

- Blue Bayou..love the surf and turf and I always wash it down with a Mint Julep plus there is nothing like eating in POTC
- Cafe Orleans..my 2 DDs and I always share an order of the monte cristo sandwich, pommes frites, and I always get a cup of the awesome Gumbo. We also wash it down with a mint julep (our favorite restaurant)
- The corn dogs at either Corn Dog Castle at DCA or the Little Red Wagon on Main Street
- Red Apple Freeze at Cozy Cone in DCA
- Holiday Sandwich at Earl of Sandwich
- A Tigger Tale
- The Brioche French toast at Flo's V8 Cafe
- Napa Rose...love everything about it
- The Beef Stew in a bread bowl at the French Market again washed down with a Mint Julep (as you can tell, we are huge fans of the mint julep)
- Dole Whip Float
- Churros
- A swirl soft serve ice cream cone from the ice cream place on the boardwalk leading to Screamin
- Naples restaurant in DTD....love the wood fired pizza there, reminds us so much of our favorite restaurant in Epcot Via Napoli

Plaza Inn's fried chicken and the Monte Cristo at Café Orleans were the standouts for me! Both definitely live up to the hype. Just thinking about them is making me hungry...

We are local and many of our favorites have been mentioned. We're also more of a quick service family.

Bread Bowls at Pacific Wharf-my fave is the tomato bisque but it's now seasonal
Ghiradelli-the colossal chocolate chip cookie warmed up is my personal favorite treat
Earl of Sandwich in DTD-love the tomato soup and chipotle chicken sandwich plus last fall they had the best pumpkin cupcakes
Jazz Kitchen Express also in DTD has yummy breakfast burritos and beignets
Pooh's corner treats are a must
Jolly Holiday has a great summer goat cheese and chicken salad, yummy tomato soup and a great selection of treats
My kids love the chocolate dipped soft serve at the cones in Carsland

This is what we're eating when we go at the end of September (we've had it all several times except the nachos):

Turkey leg from any turkey leg cart - not an optional item for us, lol
Clam chowder or broccoli cheddar bread bowl (Pacific Wharf) & steak gumbo bread bowl (Royal St. Veranda) - the sourdough at Pacific Wharf cafe is way better (it's like real SF sourdough), but the Steak gumbo is only available at RSV. We do both if we can.
Blue Bayou dining package - Steak and Lobster (because why pay that much for anything else on the menu?) - it's very good. Is the food worth $65? No, but the food + ambience of sitting by the water + prime Fantasmic seating IS worth it
Steak skewers with tzatziki, rice pilaf, and grilled veggies at Paradise Garden Grill plus a beer - delicious, inexpensive, and there is never a wait
Lobster Nachos and a Mickey's Fun Wheel (or some other cool drink) - The Cove Bar
Holiday sandwich - Earl of Sandwich - best deal in terms of money, and delicious
Any skewer from Bengal BBQ
Mickey Mouse pretzel with cheese (I always have to have one)
Pomme Frites (split), bowl of gumbo, and Mickey beignets (split) - Cafe Orleans (need a reservation)
3 appetizers, split (including the sliders) plus red wine flight at Alfresco Tasting Terrace
If I get a salad, it will probably be Starfield of Greens from Pizza Port.
Split a twist and a Boysen Apple Freeze at Maurice's cart
Whatever you love most at Ghirardelli's (for me, it''s the Intense Dark Espresso Escape sundae). Or a shake.

That pretty much does it! It's an obscene amount of food, but we walk so much when we're there that we typically don't gain any weight. :)

In addition to many great meals listed, I always have to go in and share a "Pie of the Viper" at Rainforest Café for a late breakfast. Note, if I ate it for an early breakfast, I'd just turn around and go back to bed. :faint:

Bacon Mac n' cheese cone at Cozy Cones
Broccoli Cheddar Soup in a bread bowl at Pacific Wharf Cafe
Caprese Sandwich w/ tomato soup at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe
Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans
Mickey Beignets at Cafe Orleans or Royal Street Veranda
Turkey Sandwich and Baked Potato Soup at Carnation Cafe
Dole Whip at the Tiki Room
Mickey or Snowflake sugar cookies they have at Christmas all around the park
Caprese Sandwich at Earl of Sandwich in DTD
Bread Pudding at the Jazz Kitchen express in DTD
Wheelin' on by Ghirardelli for my daily free chocolate sample :cutie:

This year I am really looking forward to trying the Baked Potato at Troubadour Tavern (if I can catch it open!) and the Bagel Cheese Twists and Apple slushie at Maurice's Treats

Yes, I was just getting ready to post that! It's at Bayside Brews, or at least it was as of Sep 2016. Where can you find them in WDW? I was told they don't have them there.

steakhouse 55 at the disneyland hotel....i always get the filet, my wife loves the sides, wedge salad, baked potato, and whatever soup is being served, the bread and butter they give you to start is amazing. it is pricey, but it should be experienced at least once.

•Carthay Circle Restaraunt has the best food & sevice IMO

•Bengal BBQ: Pork Belly Skewer + Jungle Julep. OMG SO SO SO GOOD!

• Three Cheese Monte Cristo @ Cafe Orleans

• Dole whip not dole whip float (too sweet for me)

• Churro!!

• Blue Bayou's Gumbo has nice kick to it and so delicious. Mint Julep's good too. Taste like virgin Mojito.

*A garlic and cheese bagel twist and/or a Boysen Apple Freeze from Maurice's (cart outside of the Princess Faire theater)

Is the Apple Freeze from Maurice's the same as the Frozen Apple Juice they sell in Toon Town at Goofy's Freeze?

Yes, I was just getting ready to post that! It's at Bayside Brews, or at least it was as of Sep 2016. Where can you find them in WDW? I was told they don't have them there.

I haven't been to WDW in a year or two. Used to find them in Animal Kingdom near the boneyard.

Follow up!

Thanks everyone for all the great recommendations. I thought I would report back since I just got home.

First, I have to say there just wasn't enough time to try all the things I put on my list but it was loads of fun trying new things.

I'll get the negativity out of the way first. I had some of the most horrible meals of my life this week. To be fair, i do not think any of it was the norm. I think I was just very unlucky. Therefore, I won't go into details or list locations because I don't want to spoil anyone's plans based on a freak bad prep job. In summary, I was served a chicken enchilada with a bone the size of a marble, a medium rare burger that was raw, and I DO mean raw, a French toast that was missing the caramel sauce completely and the cast members looked at me blankly when I asked about it, a mediocre steak, a huge disappointment at a CS because what was served was tiny compared to what we expected, a much anticipated pretzel that just didn't have the flavor and quality that I thought I recalled from a past trip, and we had to skip trying the Plaza chicken on departure day because the Canyon 2 fire was freaking us out and hubby wanted to leave for the airport early in case traffic became an issue. So, yay, got to have a Carl's Jr. Quesadilla instead.

The positives:
The matterhorn macaroon was every bit as fabulous as everyone said!
The Blue Bayou ambiance, service and gumbo were awesome.
World of Color dessert party was well worth the price.
Brioche French Toast from Flo's was terrific.
Fried pickles at carnation cafe were the best I've had.
The seasonal chicken pot pie at Flo's was the best thing I ate on the entire trip.

Thanks again Dis-ers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter