PLEASE tell me what I want to hear!!!

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
My mom and I are HUGE Disney fans. I can totally understand everyone's excitement for wanting to go to Disneyland on July 17th because that's when I originally wanted to go. Believe it or not, it took my mom six months to convince me that it's not worth it to go then just at the fact we would risk spending a lot of money going down at the risk of not getting in the park. SO we made our reservations for the week after, from July 23 to the 26th. Just for the heck of it, last night I went and figured out all the hotels that are booked for that time. I counted a total of 29!!!!!!! Some of them are a few miles away from Disneyland. But my question is, do any of you know of any conventions going on at that time? I hope that's the case because the whole reason I booked at that time was to avoid the July 17th crowd. Now I'm not sure if that's even going to happen. :confused3

Well, I can kind of tell you what you want to hear. Disneyland will be nowhere near as crowded the week you're there as it is going to be on the 17th. It will be fairly crowded though. Just get there when the park opens, and make smart use of Fastpass and you will be fine. OH and be sure to ride Space Mountain first thing in the morning. You won't regret it!

Melissa

Thanks msteddom. :earboy2: Space Mountain will DEFINITELY be the first ride I run to in the morning. When I made my reservations I knew it would be crowded. It just freaked me out when I saw that 29 hotels are booked. But I'm going to make the most of my trip. However, after this coming trip, I'm going to wait maybe a year to go again and will probably try the off season. :flower:

I am sorry to have to tell you, you are going in the middle of a very busy summer. While the crowds won't be as bad as those ON the 17th, there will deffiently be large crowds. Get there early and stay late, take an afternoon break if you see fit. If you wanted to avoid the crowds you should have planned on October instead of July. ;)

disneychrista said:
I am sorry to have to tell you, you are going in the middle of a very busy summer. While the crowds won't be as bad as those ON the 17th, there will deffiently be large crowds. Get there early and stay late, take an afternoon break if you see fit. If you wanted to avoid the crowds you should have planned on October instead of July. ;)
I agree. I've always had success during the summer by going first thing in the morning, leaving around noon, then heading back at around 6:00 pm and staying as late as the kids can handle. Also found it useful to get a fastpasses for indy or splash before I leave. The return window is usually around 6 pm.

I have to tell you, even if you don't want to hear it, there will be crowds. We were there the last week of June and even the locals were telling us they never saw it that crowded. Go early, leave and then come back in the evening.

I do know there is a Figure Skating Event going on that week. I am sure there are others too. Still it will be busy. Anytime before 11 am is great touring time so get there early. Pray for a bit of rain to keep locals away. Use FP to your best advantage. I will be there Wednesday the 27th of July plus one other day.

HaleyB said:
Pray for a bit of rain to keep locals away.
Does that happen in SoCal in July? Of course, here in Portland we are still waiting for summer to start. :umbrella:

karylrocks said:
Does that happen in SoCal in July? Of course, here in Portland we are still waiting for summer to start. :umbrella:

I hear ya! I think we are finally going to get some summer weather starting tomorrow. Of course I'll believe it when I see it! :sunny:

I'm sorry to say I wouldn't hold my breath for rain. I have lived in Southern CA my whole life and it almost never rains in July. :sad2: Sorry! Unfortunantly with the re-opening of Space Mountain you are probably going to get more locals than usual. I know I've missed it for the last 3 (?) years. Good luck!

Sorry to get anyones hope up with my rain joke. No, it never rains in July. At least not that I can remember. :sunny:

The first time I lived away from Southern California I was confussed by how much people checked weather reports and by how often it rained. I grew up in the drought in California, I thought rain 4 times a year was normal. :rotfl2:

Expect high 80's low 90's (lower near the water and much colder at night) and a stray few clouds near the coast in the AM, and lots of sunshine.

I will be there two Wednesdays in a row. That is my best guess for ok days in July.

Interestingly enough we have a very last minute trip planned for July 16th - 23rd. I just booked this two days ago. Most hotels were booked but I was able to get avaliability at a lot of the places for every night of my trip but the 23rd. I thought that was odd. I figured that the 16th and 17th would be worse than any of the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter