Plenty of FOP fast passes in April

Carolyn Louise

Mouseketeer
My experience picking FPs at our 60 day mark yesterday...well, almost a fiasco because my bf hadn't yet bought tickets (I have the AP) and I completely failed to realize it until I tried to get FOP for us on our 4th day! I snagged one for me, then bought him a one day AK ticket and snagged another for him in roughly the same time slot, then told him to upgrade his ticket and give me the # so I could link it and do the rest. All this was roughly between 7am and 7:30 and there were lots of FOP fast passes available at all different times of the day. So, around noon he texts me his ticket number which I link to my account, then around 4pm I finally get a breather at work so I go in to pick more FPs and decide to check on FOP availability our 2nd day. It's there, and again plenty of time slots. Does this mean the demand is dying down a little?

My experience picking FPs at our 60 day mark yesterday...well, almost a fiasco because my bf hadn't yet bought tickets (I have the AP) and I completely failed to realize it until I tried to get FOP for us on our 4th day! I snagged one for me, then bought him a one day AK ticket and snagged another for him in roughly the same time slot, then told him to upgrade his ticket and give me the # so I could link it and do the rest. All this was roughly between 7am and 7:30 and there were lots of FOP fast passes available at all different times of the day. So, around noon he texts me his ticket number which I link to my account, then around 4pm I finally get a breather at work so I go in to pick more FPs and decide to check on FOP availability our 2nd day. It's there, and again plenty of time slots. Does this mean the demand is dying down a little?
Ooh I sure hope so! My fast pass day is a week from today, and our designated AK day is our 3rd day, so I hope the selection is just as good for us!

I assume its just you and your bf? If so, its much easier to get fast passes for 2 than a family

Pleasantly surprised to wide availability for FOP for a party of 7 on day 60+3. Was even plenty of slots 60+2 for FEA and FOP. Weird?

Word of warning for those that haven't used the system in years like us. We couldn't get on at 7am with an error message that said not yet 60 days. Turned out that when I "selected all" for our party it also pulled in my non-ticketed infant, which blocked the whole group from making FPs. Once I realized this, worked fine, but the generic error message wan't much help.

Pleasantly surprised to wide availability for FOP for a party of 7 on day 60+3. Was even plenty of slots 60+2 for FEA and FOP. Weird?

Word of warning for those that haven't used the system in years like us. We couldn't get on at 7am with an error message that said not yet 60 days. Turned out that when I "selected all" for our party it also pulled in my non-ticketed infant, which blocked the whole group from making FPs. Once I realized this, worked fine, but the generic error message wan't much help.

I make my FP+ choices tomorrow and have a non-ticketed infant infant, so thanks for the great tip. Also glad to hear there is FOP availability.

Thanks for the tip! I will have a non-ticketed infant in my party too, and I would not have thought about that either!

My fast pass day is a week from today, and our designated AK day is our 3rd day
Good to hear! I hope this holds up for my April trip... my FP day is Monday... :)
Just made our FP today for 4/14-4/21 -- I have AK for day 4 and had no problem getting them when i went on at 7am for our party of 7. This was the only one i was really worried about. So hopefully you will have good luck and i think you are going at a more off time -- we are there during the NE states spring vacation so the week after should be really good as it is past spring break and likely no schools on vacation during that time.

That's good that it's slowing down a bit so people can get FP+'s. I still think going forward it will always be in high demand wait wise that is. They really hit it out of the park with this one. I still remember some people saying Pandora would be dead within 4-5 months of it's opening.

That's good that it's slowing down a bit so people can get FP+'s. I still think going forward it will always be in high demand wait wise that is. They really hit it out of the park with this one. I still remember some people saying Pandora would be dead within 4-5 months of it's opening.

I think it may just be a slower time of the year. I think competition next week with all the dark siders (like me) demand will be high and when we hit toward summer reservations they are going to be back to being very very tough.

My FP day is Friday. We are only at Disney for 2 days so I only have 60 and 60+1 options. We are actually spending the week on the beach down by St Pete. We are basically driving up to Disney just to mainly do Pandora (and since we are there, I must go to Magic Kingdom too). Party of 6, but I can break it up into 3 and 3 if I have to. The kids can't wait 2+ hours to ride so I need to get this fast pass!!

I agree, it was easier than I expected. I made my fp bookings last Wed and just was doing some time adjusting and there are still some available for our AK day. We had our choice of days when we booked (I started looking at at 60+3).

I have to join here as I had a similar experience, going April 12-15 and had planned to go solo. So I got up at 7am on Sunday, made all my fastpasses, got FoP for day 3. Then later that day, my dad said he’d join me, didn’t have tickets, had to buy them, but luckily still got FoP at a time maybe 1.5 hours after my previous time. Then, I decided to switch AK to day 1 (crazy!), canceled my Epcot fastpasses for that day, but still got FoP at 5:30, kept checking and found one for 2:30 that day and it was perfect!

TLDR: FoP was available less than 60 days out!

DH and i will be there april 15-20. Today at noon i just booked FoP FPs for april 19 and 20, and there were tons and tons of time slots left. I was pleasantly surprised - i was expecting them to be gone since i didn't log in right at 7 am. ;p. Also tons of FPs for frozen and peter pan for all days of our trip, so maybe just a slow time?

DH and i will be there april 15-20. Today at noon i just booked FoP FPs for april 19 and 20, and there were tons and tons of time slots left. I was pleasantly surprised - i was expecting them to be gone since i didn't log in right at 7 am. ;p. Also tons of FPs for frozen and peter pan for all days of our trip, so maybe just a slow time?

I hope it's a slow time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!