Point allocation question

LynJ

Mouseketeer
In the process of a direct add on of 25 points. Haven't closed yet but points are in the system. Have a current reservation for Christmas using our main contract. If i call member services, can they swap the points being used to free up our main contract points and assign the 25 Points to be used for the existing December reservation?

Thanks!

Yes! We added on 25 at a different resort last week. I called MS on Friday and they reallocated our February reservation to use the new points (UY16 which were past the banking window and UY17). We got closing docs on Monday and sent it back on Wednesday.

This may be the "one time exceptions when you buy new points" clause in the contract at play.

In the process of a direct add on of 25 points. Haven't closed yet but points are in the system. Have a current reservation for Christmas using our main contract. If i call member services, can they swap the points being used to free up our main contract points and assign the 25 Points to be used for the existing December reservation?

Thanks!

You didn't say but as long as the reservation was made at 7 months (or less) OR the new contract shares the same home resort (if booked prior to 7 months) member services should be able to reallocate the points. However they aren't supposed to violate home resort advantage. So if the 25 point add on was at copper creek but you wanted to swap those out for 25 BLT points you used to book BLT during the 7-11 month window you should not be expecting it to happen.
Also it has been customary for DVC to allow direct buyers to bank points past the 8 month window if they purchase late in their UY if that is your concern. Of course I'd confirm with the DVC guide when buying that they will do that for you.

You didn't say but as long as the reservation was made at 7 months (or less) OR the new contract shares the same home resort (if booked prior to 7 months) member services should be able to reallocate the points. However they aren't supposed to violate home resort advantage. So if the 25 point add on was at copper creek but you wanted to swap those out for 25 BLT points you used to book BLT during the 7-11 month window you should not be expecting it to happen.
Ohhh interesting. That makes sense.cour February reservation was made within the 7 month window, so they switched the points without issue.

Also it has been customary for DVC to allow direct buyers to bank points past the 8 month window if they purchase late in their UY if that is your concern. Of course I'd confirm with the DVC guide when buying that they will do that for you.

Yep! It's actually in the contract that they have to do this.

I called today to reallocate the points and discovered at the same time that our waitlist had been matched. So i booked the waitlisted room with the new Vero Beach points and freed up BRV for our next stay! Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter