Point Transfers

NickBCV

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

In a point transfer it is my understanding that only one transfer in or out is allowed per year. I am wondering if I have four contracts with points in them, could I transfer points from each of the contracts once per year?

I am trying to rent or transfer extra some points and I am wondering how I can transfer if I am restricted to one transfer per year per membership, but have multiple contracts to choose from.

Thanks.

The only way to get multiple transfers per UY is to have multiple memberships (different member ID numbers).

If your contracts fall under a single membership, you are limited to 1 transfer.

Hello all,

In a point transfer it is my understanding that only one transfer in or out is allowed per year. I am wondering if I have four contracts with points in them, could I transfer points from each of the contracts once per year?

I am trying to rent or transfer extra some points and I am wondering how I can transfer if I am restricted to one transfer per year per membership, but have multiple contracts to choose from.

Thanks.
I have transferred numerous times. I have 2 Memberships. 2 & 3 contracts in each.
One transfer per MEMBERSHIP. Therefore, I can only have TWO transfers.
Contract has nothing to do with it.

But last time I did take transfer points from someone who was able to transfer me both her BLT & BCV points - February 2019 UY into one of my memberships. I do own at BCV but they still remain invisible to me because her UY MONTH was different from my August. I needed to call MS every time I made a reservation with these transfer points within the parameters of HER UY (Feb)

I have transferred numerous times. I have 2 Memberships. 2 & 3 contracts in each.
One transfer per MEMBERSHIP. Therefore, I can only have TWO transfers.
Contract has nothing to do with it.

But last time I did take transfer points from someone who was able to transfer me both her BLT & BCV points - February 2019 UY into one of my memberships. I do own at BCV but they still remain invisible to me because her UY MONTH was different from my August. I needed to call MS every time I made a reservation with these transfer points within the parameters of HER UY (Feb)
Yuck....they sure don't make it easy!

Hello all,

Thanks.

Yes one transfer per membership ID per UY, you only have more membership ID's if you have contracts with different UY's.

With 1 memberhip ID you can however in one transfer, transfer points from both your BLT, BCV and SSR contracts as it would only count as one transfer.

Yes one transfer per membership ID per UY, you only have more membership ID's if you have contracts with different UY's.

With 1 memberhip ID you can however in one transfer, transfer points from both your BLT, BCV and SSR contracts as it would only count as one transfer.
Cyber, thank you.....it sounds like I can take multiple contracts at the same resort with the same use year and combine them for one transfer them if I am understanding you correctly.

So if I have 25 points in one contract, 75 in another and 100 in another (same use year), and I want to transfer all those points I can do that as part of my one transfer per year.

Cyber, thank you.....it sounds like I can take multiple contracts at the same resort with the same use year and combine them for one transfer them if I am understanding you correctly.

So if I have 25 points in one contract, 75 in another and 100 in another (same use year), and I want to transfer all those points I can do that as part of my one transfer per year.

Yes that is correct however the points don’t need to(but could) come from the same resort they only need to have the same UY(same membership ID)

Just because you can transfer, that doesn't mean that DVC wants you to do it so they don't make it easy. IMO keeping track of transfers and hoping that MS knows what to do with them isn't worth the hassle.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!