Points Reservation and Cash Reservation logistics

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
I am booking my brothers family at BLT on points in October 2020 for 7 night. I know that I will need to add Disney Dining plan to that ressie at some point.

His family wants to add two nights prior at a value resort with Disney Dining (not quick service). I’m thinking this is going to complicate fast passes. I want to be able to book fastpasses 60 days out for both ressies.

What is the logistics of two night value resort / 7 night points at BLT and getting dining plan for 9 nights and park tickets for 9 days? Also what is the logistics with 9 day tickets and fast passes?

Thanks.

I am booking my brothers family at BLT on points in October 2020 for 7 night. I know that I will need to add Disney Dining plan to that ressie at some point.

His family wants to add two nights prior at a value resort with Disney Dining (not quick service). I’m thinking this is going to complicate fast passes. I want to be able to book fastpasses 60 days out for both ressies.

What is the logistics of two night value resort / 7 night points at BLT and getting dining plan for 9 nights and park tickets for 9 days? Also what is the logistics with 9 day tickets and fast passes?

Thanks.
It’s complicated if the Value Resort stay is booked as a package (2 nights + 9-day passes + DDP). You’re better off booking it all separately.

1. 2-night Value Resort stay as a ticketless dining package. You have to call to book it. It cannot be done online.
  2. Purchase tickets from your favorite source with the best price for 9-day passes.
  3. Make the BLT reservation. Add the DDP.
  4. Link all reservations and tickets in MDE.
  5. You should be able to book FPs for the entire stay when the 60-day window opens for the Value Resort stay. At least it worked that way this past summer when a friend arrived a day earlier than us and stayed 1 night at CBR before moving to VGF where all of us stayed. I was able to book FPs at her 60-day window for all of us for the entire stay.
The only complication might be with the dining plan credits on the moving day. But you should be able to find an answer to that on the Restaurant Board.

As long as the tickets have a start date of the first night of his stay at a value resort he will be able to book all fastpasses at once. It will actually be dining that will be an issue. He will be able to book dining for the first 3 days 180 days from day one of his trip. Then a few days later he will have to book the rest of the dining when it is 180 days from his BLT stay.

You will have to add the dining plan separately to both stays. The cost won't be any different. They will get two mugs. The only issue will be on moving day. The ideal situation would be for all credits from the 2 day stay to be used up by the time he starts the longer stay. If he has any leftover snacks or meals those can be used up until midnight on his transfer day. However, once he is checked into the other resort those credits won't be automatically used. I believe you have to get a printout from the front desk of remaining credits. Also, if morning 3 he wants to use a credit from the BLT stay for breakfast, he may or may not be able to access his credits yet. If they aren't showing up yet he can pay out of pocket and then go down to the front desk later that night and they will sort it out. Most likely, expect at least one trip to the front desk to sort out credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!