My UY is September.

I have the following in my account:

2019: 0 Points
2020: 61 Points
2021: 420 Points

I would possibly like to take two vacations, the following times for:

September 2020
February 2021

For above, I would use the 61-2020 points and borrow from 2021, correct?
Then, when I want to book another trip for September 2021, I can borrow from 2022, is that correct?

I will not have enough points for the accommodations/places I would like to book.
If I wanted to have points transferred in, what year(s) can I look for on Rent/Trade? 2019 and 2020?

It is only one transfer per use year, is that correct?
Can transferred points be banked?

I will be making both reservations at the 7 month mark and I fully understand there may be lack of availability but I would like the points in my account in case I can make the reservations for where I want to stay.

When someone gets a point transfer, do the points transfer to my UY or does it stay the same as the person that transferred me the points?

Is there anything else I am missing?

Thank you.

Last edited:
It is only one transfer per use year, is that correct?
Correct. One transfer per use year, either in or out.

Can transferred points be banked?
Yes, but you can't borrow transferred points.

When someone gets a point transfer, do the points transfer to my UY or does it stay the same as the person that transferred me the points?
Transferred points retain their original home resort and use year.

Thank you. So your answers lead me to more questions.
I have the September UY.
Given my travel dates of September 2020 and February 2021, would it be best to have
the points transferred into my September 2020 UY? Do I need to find a renter that has a September 2020
UY of points to transfer to me for my trips?

I have the September UY.
Given my travel dates of September 2020 and February 2021, would it be best to have
the points transferred into my September 2020 UY? Do I need to find a renter that has a September 2020

If you know for sure you are going to need a transfer into your account, then it is just as easy to get them now, IMO. You do not need to get Sept UY or your home resort points. However, if they are not the same UY and same resort, then they will not show up online which means you need to call to use them to book.

For the Sept 2020 and Feb 2021 trip, the points just have to be valid for those dates. So, you could get Sept 2020 UY points, or you could get any 2020 UY points (except Feb). And remember, transferred points retain their home resort status, so if they are different than what you already own, you can only use them together with your own points for booking 7 months or less in advance.

If you know for sure you are going to need a transfer into your account, then it is just as easy to get them now, IMO. You do not need to get Sept UY or your home resort points. However, if they are not the same UY and same resort, then they will not show up online which means you need to call to use them to book.

For the Sept 2020 and Feb 2021 trip, the points just have to be valid for those dates. So, you could get Sept 2020 UY points, or you could get any 2020 UY points (except Feb). And remember, transferred points retain their home resort status, so if they are different than what you already own, you can only use them together with your own points for booking 7 months or less in advance.

Thank you very much.
Yes, I figured I would start figuring it out now since if I saw something I could use, I would just do it when I could.
So, when I look for a renter to transfer me points, my criteria is that they are ANY 2020 points, with exception of February?
If, I was able to get a transfer in for GFVs and I wanted to book that, I could then book at 11 months? I am not going to be picky with the resort, I am just figuring I will book both at 7 months with the combined points.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.
Yes, I figured I would start figuring it out now since if I saw something I could use, I would just do it when I could.
So, when I look for a renter to transfer me points, my criteria is that they are ANY 2020 points, with exception of February?
If, I was able to get a transfer in for GFVs and I wanted to book that, I could then book at 11 months? I am not going to be picky with the resort, I am just figuring I will book both at 7 months with the combined points.

Thank you very much.

Yup! If you get VGF points, they will be eligible for 11 month booking. One of the reasons some people will seek a transfer into their account for other resorts. To take advantage of that. Granted, you can't use your own home resort points with them until 7 months, but for some, getting at least a few of the nights at the resort of choice is worth the one time transfer option. I had that happen with someone who got BWV points from me...it was so they could book 11 months out during F & W!

Yup! If you get VGF points, they will be eligible for 11 month booking. One of the reasons some people will seek a transfer into their account for other resorts. To take advantage of that. Granted, you can't use your own home resort points with them until 7 months, but for some, getting at least a few of the nights at the resort of choice is worth the one time transfer option. I had that happen with someone who got BWV points from me...it was so they could book 11 months out during F & W!

Thank you again. You have been very helpful.

I have the September UY.
Not a renter. You need an owner to transfer. Only one transfer in or out each UY. Renting means you don't own the points and the owner makes you a reservation to use. It's never yours.

One problem with getting transferred points. You don't see them on the website unless they match your resort and UY. If they are different in any way, you need to have MS make the reservation.

another slight issue with transferring points -- many times the owner of the points will only transfer a set number of points (often all of their points) since they can only do one transfer a year. So keep in mind that you may only want 200 points, but might end up having to transfer in 250. Not the end of the world -- just means you won't have to use your own points.

Thank you all very much.

I made my dh decide what was more important a one bedroom or studio for February 2021. He choose one bedroom.
Then he told me he wants a one bedroom at SSR (our home resort) so we have DTD in the evenings for dinner/drinks.
This made my decision(s) very easy since I will have enough points for a February President's week one bedroom at SSR and a one bedroom at GFVs for September 2020, if available so I won't need to have a point transfer.

If I can't get the GFVs at 7 months for the week after Labor Day, I'll move on to something else but that is the location needing the most points so I should be good.

Thank you all I learned from this thread.

Hi. Can someone please confirm below for me so I know I can move forward without a transfer in:

My UY is September.

I will take two vacations, the following times for:

September 2020
February 2021

For above, I would use the 61-2020 points and borrow from 2021, correct? I can borrow for both September 2020 and February 2021 from September 2021, correct?

Then, when I want to book another trip for September 2021, I can borrow from 2022, is that correct?

Hi. Can someone please confirm below for me so I know I can move forward without a transfer in:

My UY is September.

I will take two vacations, the following times for:

September 2020
February 2021

For above, I would use the 61-2020 points and borrow from 2021, correct? I can borrow for both September 2020 and February 2021 from September 2021, correct?

Your two trips both fall in your Sept 2020 UY. So you can use banked 2019, current 2020 and borrowed 2021 points. A Sept 2021 trip falls in you Sept 2021 UY. So, again, you can use Sept 2020 banked, Sept 2021 current and borrowed Sept 2022 points.

Your two trips both fall in your Sept 2020 UY. So you can use banked 2019, current 2020 and borrowed 2021 points. A Sept 2021 trip falls in you Sept 2021 UY. So, again, you can use Sept 2020 banked, Sept 2021 current and borrowed Sept 2022 points.

Thank you. I have a lot of trouble with understanding all of this, why I have no idea, I'm really not that dense in real life LOL
Do I need to bank my 2020 61 points or when I make my ressie at 7 months for September (is it March) or can I just use them when making my ressie.

Thank you. I have a lot of trouble with understanding all of this, why I have no idea, I'm really not that dense in real life LOL
Do I need to bank my 2020 61 points or when I make my ressie at 7 months for September (is it March) or can I just use them when making my ressie.
If you want to use Sept 2020 UY points in your Sept 2021 UY, you need to bank them. If you want to use those Sept 2020 UY points in your Sept 2020 UY, you don't bank them. They are current year points.

Can someone make sure I am understanding above correctly?

If I want to book Poly at 11 months, for October 2020, I need to find Poly points and have them transferred into my
account. I have a September UY. What UY do I need to look for when I want to book Poly at 11 months for October 2020.

Do I need to call to make a ressie with points that are transferred in?
What are the odds of my having to call to get two rooms at the Poly for October 30 and October 31 at 11 months if I have to wait and call?

Thank you very much.

Can someone make sure I am understanding above correctly?

If I want to book Poly at 11 months, for October 2020, I need to find Poly points and have them transferred into my
account. I have a September UY. What UY do I need to look for when I want to book Poly at 11 months for October 2020.

Do I need to call to make a ressie with points that are transferred in?
What are the odds of my having to call to get two rooms at the Poly for October 30 and October 31 at 11 months if I have to wait and call?

Thank you very much.

December is the only UY you need to worry about. You can use December 2019 points in October of 2020 as those won't expire until the end of November 2020. All other 2020 UY will be valid for October 2020 booking.

December is the only UY you need to worry about. You can use December 2019 points in October of 2020 as those won't expire until the end of November 2020. All other 2020 UY will be valid for October 2020 booking.

Thank you. I honestly don't have any idea what you mean.

It looks like, to me, you are saying I can use any UY for October 2020 but I know that is not what you are saying. I truly have somewhat of a brain (or so I thought) and have to think for my job but I just cannot wrap my head around these little things like UY that should come so easy.

Can you/someone give me a simple answer since when trying to explain to me it makes it worse I think:
I have a September UY but don't think that matters since the transferred points retain their original UY. Is this correct?
If I want Poly points for an October 2020 stay, I need to have a point transfer in of Poly, correct?
I can book Poly at 11 months? Correct?
What UY (2019, 2020?) do I need to have it transferred into on my end?
What UY/month can I look for for a transfer?

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help this lost UY sole!

Thank you. I honestly don't have any idea what you mean.

It looks like, to me, you are saying I can use any UY for October 2020 but I know that is not what you are saying. I truly have somewhat of a brain (or so I thought) and have to think for my job but I just cannot wrap my head around these little things like UY that should come so easy.

Can you/someone give me a simple answer since when trying to explain to me it makes it worse I think:
I have a September UY but don't think that matters since the transferred points retain their original UY. Is this correct?
If I want Poly points for an October 2020 stay, I need to have a point transfer in of Poly, correct?
I can book Poly at 11 months? Correct?
What UY (2019, 2020?) do I need to have it transferred into on my end?
What UY/month can I look for for a transfer?

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help this lost UY sole!

Ok so let's put aside all banking/borrowing for a second and just use your account as an example.

Your UY is September. So on Sept 1, you should have received a "deposit" of points in your account (but they were already used) Those are considered 2019 points, and you have them available for one year. That means they expire the last day of August 2020. So through the entire month of August 2020, you can still use your 2019 points. (Ie, if you travelled Feb 2020, it's a 2020 calendar year; but a 2019 points year for you). Because your anniversary month is September and your 2019 points don't expire until then.

Come September 2020, you will receive a "deposit" of points for your 2020 year for use. A fresh batch, and your old batch of 2019 will no longer be valid.

So if we moved your UY to say December. December 2019 points won't be issued until this December, and won't expire until December 2020. So for October 2020, you will be able to use 2019 points from someone with a UY in Dec, and only December. Everyone else would have had their anniversary date.

If the UY is December, rent 2019 points.
If the UY is anything else, rent 2020 points.

If the UY is December, rent 2019 points.
If the UY is anything else, rent 2020 points.

Thank you.
So what you are saying in order for me to do the following:

Book October 2020 at Poly
Get a point transfer in my account for Poly. Once I do this, I can book at 11 months out for October 2020.
If someone has Poly points but a December UY, I need to get their 2019 points and have it transferred into my 2019 UY (or maybe my UY is insignificant).
If someone has Poly Points and they have a January-November UY, I need to have their transfer come from their 2020 points?

Is above correct? I'm giving myself (and probably all of you) a headache.

Thank you.
So what you are saying in order for me to do the following:

Book October 2020 at Poly
Get a point transfer in my account for Poly. Once I do this, I can book at 11 months out for October 2020.
If someone has Poly points but a December UY, I need to get their 2019 points and have it transferred into my 2019 UY (or maybe my UY is insignificant).
If someone has Poly Points and they have a January-November UY, I need to have their transfer come from their 2020 points?

Is above correct? I'm giving myself (and probably all of you) a headache.

Your stuff is insignificant in terms of the transfer.

When someone transfers points, it retains their characteristics. So to book Oct 2020, you’ll be looking for just one of these two:

1. December 2019 points to transfer.
2. 2020 points to transfer for all other UY.

(There are no UY in Jan, Nov and a couple others)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!