Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those who are not getting these popups on their phones, are you using iOS or Android? And do you use an Adblocker?

Or for the No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites (currently 8 votes), are you not using a phone or tablet? Just using a laptop or desktop?

I don’t get them and I am using iOS. I almost exclusively use my phone to be here. I don’t have an adblocker on my phone.

Why are you people complaining? I have won hundreds of times in the last few days. Just kidding of course. Yep it’s super annoying. Had to enable my ad blocker. Don’t like to do that because sometimes it seems like it slows things down a lot. When I’m not on WiFi. Hopefully Saturday update will take care of this problem.

I was getting these every few minutes on my iPad and iPhone. I was going bananas! Then I installed Norton’s Ad Blocker. It is free and I haven’t had a pop up ever since.

I can't even access here on my iPhone or ipad- the stupid ad just keeps popping up and wont go away so I give up on those!

Yes!! I had this problem for days! It was so annoying. I tried a bunch of different fixes and nothing worked until I updated my phone. I am hoping it is no longer a problem but to be honest I've stayed off this site on my phone since.

So far, 85% are getting the popups in one way or another. 62% just on this site and just on mobile devices. :badpc:

They don't come up on my iPhone, but do on my iPad. I tried to get an Ad Blocker but my iPad is older and requires a newer iOS system than I can get. It seems to have calmed down over the last day or two, though. (Maybe the one Ad Blocker app I was able to get worked, idk.) The ads are super annoying, but the "You've won" message is the worst! :badpc: It only comes up if I hit a certain area of the posts (usually the right side by the quote buttons). Hopefully they'll fix it Saturday. (How about some new emojis while they're at it? The current ones are a bit long in the tooth! :laughing: )

Or for the No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites (currently 8 votes), are you not using a phone or tablet? Just using a laptop or desktop?
I use both an iPad (Safari) and my laptop (Chrome) and have Adblocker loaded on both of them. Absolutely no pop-ups and I don't even see the ads between posts since I started running the blockers. Everything here is working just fine. I also have an iPhone with Safari as the browser (no Adblocker) but I never use it for websurfing so I can't comment on how it might be affected.
Hmm, I wonder if being in Canada makes a difference?
I'm in Canada and it may be a thing, since many of the video clips posted won't play here. :scratchin

I thought somehow I had done something to get a random virus that just affected this site. Glad to see it's not just me!

I have an Iphone 8 running safari. No ad blocking software that I'm aware of. Today seems to be better. But for the last two days I couldn't even get to this site on my phone.

For those who are not getting these popups on their phones, are you using iOS or Android? And do you use an Adblocker?

Hi. I try not to complain since this is a free site with SO much knowledge but I haven't been able to really use the dis at home since I sit on my ipad.

I do not get the "Congratulations" on my iphone 10X but I get it on my iPad and only for the dis. I did notice that it comes more frequently if I try to access the "Community" board first but maybe that is just a coincidence, not sure. It happened a twice last night but that was less frequent than other times. It does not happen on my desktop at work.

Getting it on iPhone 100% of the time. Hijacks the session so completely it doesn't even show I went to the DIS; just shows 2-4 in recent history for the "you won" site. iPad is faring a little better, but getting it there also.

I voted no: I'm only using a desktop and I have AdBlock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter