Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the big deal? You should be happy you are WINNING! lol

I haven't been getting it on here, but pretty much any link I click from Facebook is ruined by that type of crizap...

For those who are not getting these popups on their phones, are you using iOS or Android? And do you use an Adblocker?

I use Firefox on my Android phone & laptop. I have NoScripts on my laptop instead of AdBlock Plus. I like that I can customize it with the drop down list it gives of everything it blocks on every page. I can permanently block some things on every page and allow other things. Like I allow a couple things on the DIS so the smilies appear properly. But not any annoying popups or ads on the page. I couldn't figure out how to do that with AdBlock Plus.

On my phone I do have AdBlock installed. It works fine enough on my phone that I don't need the customization I do on my laptop. I don't visit as many sites on my phone, while out & about.

I also have Chrome installed on my Android phone. You CAN have more than one browser installed and running at the same time. Chrome usually comes pre-installed on Android phones as Google owns both. I just download the Firefox app from Google Play. Install AdBlock Plus and I'm good to go. I use Chrome for when I have to attach files to my Gmails. Firefox doesn't work as well for Gmail on my phone. Whereas, because Google also owns Gmail, they configured it so Chrome works better for it. For reading the Dis and other sites, I use Firefox.

I use Firefox on my Android phone & laptop. I have NoScripts on my laptop instead of AdBlock Plus. I like that I can customize it with the drop down list it gives of everything it blocks on every page. I can permanently block some things on every page and allow other things. Like I allow a couple things on the DIS so the smilies appear properly. But not any annoying popups or ads on the page. I couldn't figure out how to do that with AdBlock Plus.

On my phone I do have AdBlock installed. It works fine enough on my phone that I don't need the customization I do on my laptop. I don't visit as many sites on my phone, while out & about.

I also have Chrome installed on my Android phone. You CAN have more than one browser installed and running at the same time. Chrome usually comes pre-installed on Android phones as Google owns both. I just download the Firefox app from Google Play. Install AdBlock Plus and I'm good to go. I use Chrome for when I have to attach files to my Gmails. Firefox doesn't work as well for Gmail on my phone. Whereas, because Google also owns Gmail, they configured it so Chrome works better for it. For reading the Dis and other sites, I use Firefox.
:confused3 I run AdBlock on both my laptop and iPad and I've never had a problem with the smilies. I see them just fine and they seem to appear properly in my posts when I use them.

Try clearing your Internet cookies and your Internet History. Then activate the AdBlocker. Then go on the DIS.

:confused3 I run AdBlock on both my laptop and iPad and I've never had a problem with the smilies. I see them just fine and they seem to appear properly in my posts when I use them.

I was talking about the NoScripts add-on. It blocks ALL unnecessary scripts unless I allow certain ones. It allows pages to load faster when a lot of that junk is blocked from loading. So, it does more than just block ads. It may also block malicious coding found in some scripts in websites.

The smilies are actually stored at wdwinfo.com, not disboards.com. So I had to permanently allow that site exception, so smilies form there load while I'm on the DIS.

Dan would this be becuase somehow they hacked this site, or the paid some money to allow it

I'm wondering if it's in some coding in some people's signatures. They don't realize that they've posted something that hijacks the site.

I remember years ago that some of the countdown tickers from a specific site had to be taken out of all signatures. It was considered malicious and had to be taken out of signatures. Maybe something similar is happening. :confused3

I sometimes get it like crazy and other times not so much. I don't see why it's so intermittent. I only use a tablet.

Interestingly, since I responded to this post a few days ago I haven’t gotten a single “congratulations” pop-up. Might just be a coincidence, but I am grateful nonetheless.

I was looking for this thread to say the same thing. I was on my ipad last night and not one time did this pop up. Thank you dis if you fixed it.

Its bad. Apparently a rogue Google ad. I had to stop using Chrome in my phone and install Samsung internet plus adblocker plus for it. My iPad and safari are unusable on the DIS now.

I can still use my iPhone, but I haven’t been able to use my iPad for the Dis in a looooong time.

Lately,I get it only on this site on my laptop about once a day. Maybe every few months or so, I get it on FB.

I only used my phone or table once in a blue moon for disboards....

I was looking for this thread to say the same thing. I was on my ipad last night and not one time did this pop up. Thank you dis if you fixed it.

Eh, don’t get your hopes up that it is fixed. I got it a few times on my phone yesterday. Haven’t had it on my iPad in several months. I have been getting this for a few years now. Get them bad for a few weeks, then might not get it for months. And then it states up again. But it is always only on the Dis......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter