Poll | Best Dining at Magic Kingdom

Best Sit Down Dining at Magic Kingdom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My opinion is that it is okay when referring to it by a lazy short form. I assume there is a Skipper around somewhere and he or she owns the place. :)

In my opinion it is totally different than calling 'Ohana - O'hanna's. It is not owned by a guy named Paddy O'hana. :)

Of course I am just rationalizing since I was the one called out for an obvious sloppy error. :)

Well I see no point in calling anyone out.

Everyone makes errors and mistakes and fauxpas. 😉

Love Crystal Palace for the characters and the beautiful atmosphere and the staff are always so lovely and make you feel special.

Jungle Skipper whatever (don't want to make anyone mad by getting it wrong) is probably the best menu in the park and is always a welcome oasis of calm and air conditioning in the middle of chaotic Adventureland

Really enjoyed BoG for dinner. Think the new fixed menu has some good choices and the evening atmosphere is 100x better than during the day.

We loved Crystal Palace when the kids were younger but the last time we went I wasn't impressed. BOG is kind of meh, it was a one and done for us. We like the Plaza when we want a quicker table service that is reasonably priced. We haven't been to Skippers because I'm the only one that wants to go. Liberty Tree is our one go to every trip, well that and Cosmic Ray's. Obviously I don't live with a bunch of foodies. LTT is solid every single time, great service and delicious food.

We did Jungle Navigation on our last trip and I was deeply disappointed. The menu was limited and quite pricey for what you got. Liberty Tree is good but not something I want to do every trip. I find that I look more to the resorts around the Magic Kingdom than in the Magic Kingdom. I am very fond of The Plaza because it is reasonably priced and it has a good selection of sandwiches and the desserts are great. The loaded fries are a meal by themselves.

Reactions: GAN

Love Crystal Palace for the characters and the beautiful atmosphere and the staff are always so lovely and make you feel special.

Jungle Skipper whatever (don't want to make anyone mad by getting it wrong) is probably the best menu in the park and is always a welcome oasis of calm and air conditioning in the middle of chaotic Adventureland

Really enjoyed BoG for dinner. Think the new fixed menu has some good choices and the evening atmosphere is 100x better than during the day.

It would seem we are both Tiki people. So I want to add how cool it is to sit in the waiting Veranda at Skipper Canteens under the vintage electric waving fan!

It would seem we are both Tiki people. So I want to add how cool it is to sit in the waiting Veranda at Skipper Canteens under the vintage electric waving fan!

I like everything about the place but particularly sitting with a cool iced water under those fans waiting for your table to come up!

Hey everyone!
We want to give you a chance to input your opinions for the dining show. For this poll we’re asking what you think the best sit down dining at Magic Kingdom is! Excited to see what you think!

Corey Fiasco
Associate Producer
The DIS

This was rather quite easy for me...Although I love the theming and decor and food choices at LTT, We were waaaay underwhelmed here.. The service at the time was just Meh, the food was very salty *( which we found to be the case at all the other buffet choices at MK) and made very a just ordinary experience.

Now quite the opposite at JSC. Although we've only eaten here once ( have ADR for June ) The one time was all it took for the 4 of us to understand why this place gets rave reviews...The servers were very attentive, the ambience was very cool, and the food was Delish!!!

The list depresses me. SO many better choices just a monorail or boat ride away, but don't tell the people, I like my easy to get reservations.

Hey everyone!
We want to give you a chance to input your opinions for the dining show. For this poll we’re asking what you think the best sit down dining at Magic Kingdom is! Excited to see what you think!

Corey Fiasco
Associate Producer
The DIS
Love these polls! Thanks!

Magic Kingdom food is ”ok” at best, if you consider the price. The Jungle Navigation Co Ltd Skipper Canteen is better than “ok”, of the ones on that list. It’s pretty solid, if nothing outstanding.

I think each one has it's appeal, but as an adult without girls or little kids, I chose Skipper Canteen. Atmosphere is nice; theming is complete. Food is good and interesting. Drinks are good. Waiting area is fun.

Crystal Palace--decent buffet that makes me feel like I've eaten some "real food" (I pile the broccoli onto our plates) after so many chicken nuggets, and the characters are great (loved this place when my kids were little), but it is so LOUD!

Cinderella--well, it's the castle, and if you have little girls, it might be a must-do, but let's just say I'm glad I have boys.

Liberty Tree Tavern--Have only done the family style here and we all enjoyed it well enough, but hardly enough to say it is the best.

Be Our Guest--haven't done the prix fixe dinner, so can't comment there, but once again, it's so loud. We go for lunch when we can choose our own seat and avoid that big main room (can't remember which one it is). The talking suits of armor are fun!

Tony's Town Square--Please please please make this restaurant great again (or for the first time). What a waste of the perfect location and theme.

Plaza Restaurant--I'd almost vote this one the best. Not a good value on the dining plan, but OOP, it's a nice lighter option. Just wish it was easier to get into. I've found this is a place where I have to make the ADR 180 days out.

LOL at Tony's. WDW would seriously have to pay me to eat there.

I chose Crystal Palace - for the ease of getting a reservation & the choices it offers.

For ambiance - its Cinderella or Be Our Guest.

We did Jungle Navigation on our last trip and I was deeply disappointed. The menu was limited and quite pricey for what you got. Liberty Tree is good but not something I want to do every trip. I find that I look more to the resorts around the Magic Kingdom than in the Magic Kingdom. I am very fond of The Plaza because it is reasonably priced and it has a good selection of sandwiches and the desserts are great. The loaded fries are a meal by themselves.
Totally agree. I had a variation of the Thai Noodles that were a special -those were very good. My daughter tried the Pork and it was just plain bad ...think marinated workboot. That, combined with the price and service that was nothing special -I don't think we'll be back. Which is unfortunate because I wanted to really enjoy it ...maybe my hopes were set too high.

Cinderella's Royal Table: It's not the best food on property, but it's okay. I'm glad we tried it, but for the price, we won't go back. It was nice eating in the castle, and we enjoyed the character interaction. I didn't like our location, but wasn't sure if it was acceptable to ask to be seated elsewhere.

Liberty Tree Tavern: Food was the best I've had in MK. We had the platter, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish it were a character meal.
My husband and I agree that we want to eat here again.

Be Our Guest: This location is my favorite. The food is good, but I go more for the awesome atmosphere. My family does not like it, and going is an act of love from them to me. I told them that, next time, we can just make a mid-afternoon reservation and just have cupcakes and sodas, and they found that much more palatable.

Crystal Palace: I liked CP. It didn't completely wow me, but I liked it. The family liked it. Character interaction was good; food and atmosphere were decent. We may go back, but it's not a "we gotta" like LTT is.

You didn't ask about QS locations, but I thought I would add my two cents, even if you think it's worth half that.
Columbia Harbor House: We like this one for the upper floor and it's peaceful atmosphere. Food is decent.
Pecos Bill's: Everyone says it's awesome sauce, but I didn't care for it. It was merely edible. It might be because we eat a lot of really good TexMex, but we thought it was "meh."
Cosmic Rays: My husband likes Cosmic Ray's. I though "eww" when I looked at the place, but was pleasantly surprised. Fries were crispy and burgers were good.
Gaston's Tavern: Although it has more of a snack-cart menu, we enjoyed the atmosphere and the cinnamon roll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!