Poll: Cinderella's Royal Table vs Norway's Akershus

Which is the best Princess meal/experience?

• Total voters

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
The general consensus I've come to from reading threads on this topic of princess meals, is that while Akershus may be the better value, CRT is the location most kids remember and ask to go back to.

What are your thoughts-taking a 4yo girl in a few months?

(You may vote for both)

We've done both, and dd said she liked Akershus better. Granted, it was a few years ago, so things may have changed.

She was picked as the lead for the parade and had much longer princess interactions at Akershus versus CRT.

CRT princess interaction not as personable. Felt rushed with the whole experience. Of course, YMMV.

It's hard for me to vote because I think that the food and pricing is soooo much better at Akershus. We've been there over 10 times. We've only been to CRT twice (once for dinner and once for breakfast). We left our $400 dinner there and ate Mickey pretzels because no one ate the food. However, I still recommend trying it at least once because eating in the castle with princess while watching fireworks- how can you beat that?
Either way your four year old will love either one!

Gosh, they are just so different. I'm not sure it's fair to compare them. I really think they are different enough to do both on the same trip, and we have twice. We like the both a lot. So I couldn't pick a favorite.

And 4 yo are so different I think which each likes better may well vary a lot based on their personalities.
CRT is much more quiet, formal and subdued. You sit more quietly during the meal. This may appeal to a more shy child. They don't have to go anywhere to do the wishing ceremony.
Akershus is more loose, for lack of better words. It's louder. There is more activity with guests going to the buffet for part of their meal. The princesses lead a processional parade with the kids. Some of the more shy kids will not want to do this. Nor will the kids who are not comfortable being away from Mom/Dad. Others will be happy to run and lead the parade and wouldn't be happy at the more quiet and subdued environment at CRT.
I think the part of meeting the Princesses at the table is the same at both. It is sweet the way CRT presents each Princess and gives a bit of her story before she comes out.

Another thought, does she like Belle or Cinderella more than the other? DGD loved Cinderella at 4 most but now at 9 she prefers Belle, because she also loves to read. So she'd prefer the photo op with Belle.

Dined at Akershus once, back in Dec 2012, for the breakfast and did not care for the Norwegian menu items.

CRT was nice, but to us, not worth the price. DH an I didn't really like the food, and the kids food is meh. Akershus was a lot of fun, great princess interaction, and good food. If CRT were cheaper/1 meal credit, I'd consider it again, but otherwise, no.

Meant to ask, how much time should we allow for each?
From the moment you check in to walking out? 90 min is good. I've never not had a wait after we check in. Plus you have to get the photo with the Princess first. Then seated. It may be less than 90 min but it won't be by a lot. Be over 60 for sure.

We have Reservations for CRT dinner, and Akershus Breakfast in December. My 4 year old is a Disney Princess superfan. Also, I kind of want to see the inside of the castle. Even if the food is not great. But, we want to be sure to see Aurora, without paying squillions for tea, so, we are doing both.

We've done both twice. Ironically, one of our CRT meals was when it was temporarily held at Citrico's (during a refurb) and it was a far better experience than when we were in the castle. I find the only draw with CRT is that it is in the castle. Otherwise, I found the service rushed and the food mediocre. Akershus has always been the better experience - better food, service and character interaction.

If you're on the dining plan then Akershus is obviously a much better value at 1 credit and I don't think it's worth paying double for CRT. If paying OOP then there really isn't much price difference at breakfast since CRT includes a tip and Akershus doesn't. If you're going for lunch or dinner then the price difference increases.

I would take princess preference into consideration like AngiTN suggested. If she's a Cinderella fan CRT is the obvious choice. Belle is only at Akershus and Jasmine only at CRT. Of course these are never guaranteed.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. We've had good experiences at both.

Do either offer pre-park-opening breakfast options, that would allow us to make it to either 7Dwarfs or Frozen before the regular crowds get there?

It's hard to vote for one. We like them for different reasons and like other posters, frequently do both on the same trip. The location of CRT is impressive. It's Cinderella's castle, how exciting is that?! The food at Akershus, though, is about 100% better than CRT. We really don't care for the food at CRT, even the dessert DD wouldn't eat. We've had similar interactions with the characters both places. My DD likes the wishing ceremony at CRT. She's not so into the parade they do at Akershus...she tends to get mixed up and can't find her way back to our table. We're having breakfast at CRT later this week. Our first time PPO so I can report back soon if we're successful at getting to 7DMT before the crowds. :)

We ate at both on our last trip when my daughter was 3.5. We had a great experience at both too. Akershus is definitely cheaper and it is hosted by Belle in her gold dress so that is a bonus. Cinderella was also at Akershus when we went but they do switch the princesses up. You can't go wrong with either!

I'm going to do crt in November if I can ever get an alert for a reservation. It's our very first trip and I'm praying people cancel as it gets closer because I want to dine in the castle and the special experience for my 4 year old daughter.

Looks like the poll is leaning Castle for the moment, although most Akershus folks I've discussed with are very passionate and insist it's the best. Very interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter