Poll: Cinderella's Royal Table vs Norway's Akershus

Which is the best Princess meal/experience?

• Total voters
My cautionary note on Akerhus is this - we went in May. There were three princesses total. Belle (who spent her entire time with us complaining to her handler about her skirt) at the front. Ariel and Snow White made the rounds. That was it. So - for $70 each, we got Dunkin Munchkins, some decent potatoes and three princesses. CRT wins by a landslide around my house.

Edited to add - We have done CRT multiple times. I like the food better, 5 princesses beats 3, the wait staff is better and the location is better. Plus - you get wands, swords and wishing stars.
$70 each for breakfast at Akershus? I never knew the price was that high. We have never paid more than $46/adult there but we go in the value season but that is a big difference in price. We have always had Belle in the foyer and 4 princesses making the rounds during the meal, all of the times we have been there.

CRT was exponentially better all around experience. Akershus food was disappointing and there was way less time with the princesses. Akershus in our limited experience was way overrated compared to dining in the castle.

CRT by a long shot. The atmosphere is so wonderful. We felt the princesses interacted with our kids so much more there than Askerhus. The princesses at Askerhus only seemed to pay attention to our daughter, where the ones at CRT interacted and made the evening fun for our son, too.

Food-wise, I am a picky eater, as is my daughter, and we both loved the food (went for dinner). We felt it was one of the best meals we had at Disney that trip. We went to Askerhus for breakfast and everyone in our group was not impressed (4 yo, 7yo, 13 yo, 15 yo and 4 adults). Even my husband and brother - who are not picky at all and didn't have a problem with any other meal our entire stay, felt the breakfast selections weren't that good. I know, looking at the menu, dinner would not have been any better, food-wise, for my kids. We ended up having to eat a very early lunch that day, because no one felt satisfied with the meal.

I think it's great that all of you are so passionate about your choice, regardless of which it is. Some of you think CRT food is great, some terrible. Some of you think Akershus food is great, some terrible. CRT is still leading the poll, but not as much as it was.

I get the impression that we can't go wrong with either. We'll be using the dining plan credits, so that factors in too. As long as the 4yo gets to see a princess or two, she'll be happy, and that's all I care about.

Just when we think we've decided on 8am at Akershus to maximize our Epcot touring plan, we visited friends this weekend who love CRT and gave us the hard sale. What to do, what to do. We've configured our deluxe dining plan over two rooms so that each of our party of 9 will have 10 meal credits over a 7 day vacation (5 full days). So, that enters into our decision as well.

The general consensus I've come to from reading threads on this topic of princess meals, is that while Akershus may be the better value, CRT is the location most kids remember and ask to go back to.

What are your thoughts-taking a 4yo girl in a few months?

(You may vote for both)

CRT Just for the location and atmosphere.

CRT is something you have to do at least once. After that your better off going to Akershus.

We've done B,L & D at both.

FOOD-As far as the food goes, we prefer breakfast at CRT and lunch and dinner at Akershus.
SETTING-For setting, CRT is the winner for us. I mean, Akershus is nice, but it's just not the same as being in the castle.
COST- When you consider that CRT includes gratuity, the cost between CRT and Akershus isn't really that different in the end if paying OOP. For DDP, obviously Akershus is the better deal. Ultimately, it's just a poor use of credits to do any signature meal on the regular dining plan (i.e. the cost per credit makes it better to pay OOP regardless for CRT).

I think that going to CRT is like going to a Broadway show on Broadway with the original cast in a historic theater. Going to Akershus is like going to see the touring company of the same play.

CRT is so pretty but having gone to both a few times Akershus is the better experience. We've always felt the interaction is just so much better there. We always feel rushed at CRT and when you combine the price with that I'd say Akershus.

Enjoy!

I've done breakfast at both and lunch at Akershus. I didn't like the food at Akershus for lunch. The breakfast is pretty much the same for both (if I recall correctly---It's been a few years) The ambience at CRT is awesome. The parade at Akershus is nice. We just like CRT better.

Dis Unplugged has just published their 5 Best and 5 Worst character meals, and one of our Princess Meals made one of the lists. Check it out!

Well, after all this, we have now decided to do both Akershus and CRT. Akershus for PPO breakfast so that we can hit Frozen early, and it opens up our Epcot day quite nicely. And CRT, because it's the Castle! And that will be the last thing we do on our last full day of our week, so hopefully a nice ending for the 4YO granddaughter, and an easier ADR to get (@ 185 days).

The general consensus I've come to from reading threads on this topic of princess meals, is that while Akershus may be the better value, CRT is the location most kids remember and ask to go back to.

(You may vote for both)
A 4 y.o. will remember the processional of children & princesses at Akershus more than anything else from either of the experiences - Akershus if this is about the child.

But if adults want the better memory of the glorious dinging room - Cinderella's Castle if your choice is for the adults.

FWIW, my 8 y.o. has been enjoying one of each the past few years, and has decided she'd rather be at Sci-Fi or Be Our Guest (for dinner) instead for our next vacation.....but we are having our first experience at 1900 Park Fare.

(You may vote for both)

This! 110% for CRT! Location, location, location!!!

Better value at Akershus - sure - but, this is one of the rare instances I am not looking at that. CRT is a must at least once, maybe more - even for me as a parent years ago when it was King Stephen's Banquet Hall and actually was a much better value - will never forget it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter