Poll: How long before the parks are back to "normal"?

How long before the parks are back to normal?

• Total voters
I voted 2 years, maybe not pre-covid normal but certainly substantially closer than it is now. And I think there will be some additions to the parks and increased capacity at a very slow pace during the next two years.

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I think I agree that things will never be exactly the same again, BUT most things should be back online within 2 years. I'm just really hoping that fp and full parks hours will be available again by our trip.

I'm hoping by Nov of next year? Next Oct is the 50 year anniversary and I can't imagine there won't be fireworks and etc at that.
Many of the buffets have gone to family style, which to me is a much better option and I hope they continue that but still have the characters come back.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm sure whatever Disney brings back will cost us something more out of pocket

One thing that won't happen but regardless should: at one point in the future it'd be nice if for a month disney at least tried it without masks. They already do a lot to keep people apart, which is all you're supposed to do without masks. It never was supposed to be both. This could be an example to other businesses and states, counties, cities, etc. But disney's insistence that noone would come during that time (which I would believe would prove to be really incorrect, you need to give people a chance) ensures that that would never happen. In any case, this has become an excuse for Chapek to be as cheap as possible with all the cutbacks, and with the net benefits to the company, regardless of restrictions, the cutbacks will stay

yes! If you’re outdoors, masks shouldn’t be necessary when social distancing is practiced. There is no need for guests to be walking around the resort properties with masks on.

I'm a little more hopeful than the majority here.

I'm 50% vaccinated (getting my second shot next week!), and all indications (in my state) are that vaccinations are starting to pick up in number. Our county had been receiving 900 vaccines per week; the Health Alliance says that's going to increase. Many of my not-yet-65 friends have appointments or are on waiting lists (I got in on a waiting list). I think the ball is rolling now, and the vaccine has always been the "silver bullet" for which we've been waiting.

Once the majority of Americans are vaccinated, that's when the parks will return to normal. I said 3-6 months ... three seems like too little, but within six months I think we'll all have had a shot at the shot.

If by normal folks believe that WDW will pick up where they were exactly when they originally closed in March 2020, there is 0% chance. My feeling is that in 5 years we'll be at around 100% of whatever is the new normal for WDW is set to be. Some new stuff coming on-line, some old stuff not coming back or replaced by something else. Unfortunately the pandemic accelerated certain changes to happen all at once instead of slowly making changes over a period of time. The issue is adapting to a variety of wholesale changes all at once.

In truth, WDW was always evolving. Stuff that you did a few years ago goes away and in some cases is replaced by something else. Normal is a relative term and changes year-to-year. 5 years ago now HS was a half-day park to me, and now I schedule multiple days there. I had short trips in the past where I wasn't even sure I'd go to AK or not, but that was before Pandora. EPCOT was a favorite, but at the moment is in a sorry state and needs a lot of work.

Everyone's definition of normal is different. You may be lucky and your normal may be back sooner than someone else's normal.

Change happens. We long for normal, but that won't be for a while yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!