POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us still going in July, and especially the opening week, I think we will be surprised by how many people will be in the parks. I know 20-30% capacity (which is what I think we're all guessing is the plan) sounds like a drastic reduction, but 100% capacity is rarely hit except for maybe Christmas Day. One third of a Christmas Day crowd will be light, but not sparse.

We are going . 7/31-8/8 booked at The Contemporary. I booked 16 TS meals and will have groceries delivered from GG. I am a frontline worker and well aware of the risks and consequences. I and my teenage daughters have no underlying conditions. I have purchased 4 cloth masks for each of us and 100 disposable ones. I am planning on placing groups of 5 disposable masks in ziplock bags and dispersing them through our luggage and carryons. I have 20 mini bottles of hand sanitizer and 20 packets of 10 each of Wet Ones, and Hydrogen Peroxide wipes which we will carry. We will take our multiple vitamins, wear our masks and use our hand gel religiously. We will spend mornings at the parks , afternoons at pool or resort and evenings back at park or Disney Springs. We will use UBER/Lyft to get to AK, HS and EPCOT. We have 9 days of fun planned and cannot wait. 😄
I've read a lot of posts about going but you seem to be the most ready. I have to take some notes.

We officially cancelled our trip to Universal which was our Disney replacement trip yesterday. We were meant to be leaving today, but we felt with the cases spiking down south (FL res here, but North FL) and the inability to effectively quarantine after our trip with high school sports starting up again here...it just wasn’t worth the risk to our community. Really sad. I wish everyone the best that decides to go—stay safe and have a magical time 🥰. We will try again in September with part of our group.

Disney pumped the brakes on California so I don't see them having a problem doing it for Florida.
It's really going to depend on how things go this week in Florida if they decided to postpone.

California has a completely different union and local government situation. It was always going to be Florida opening before California.

This is Mickey's Runaway Railroad, there are no brakes. Florida is opening, doubt they close again unless forced to. Let's just hope most of us (like me) already had this.

We are supposed to be there July 17-26th. We were upgraded from a Value to a DVC resort, have annual passes, and we are in Georgia and just a 4 hour drive away. If it we weren't AP Holders and couldn't drive to Disney we would probably not go. No one here wears masks hardly so I feel like I will feel safer at Disney than I do at work and going to the grocery store. I am still watching the numbers though and hope they decrease some in the next three weeks.

Thankfully I have been so blessed in my life to be able to attend disney so many times that without a parade/fireworks I can wait until the magic is alive again.

Lucked out! The Park Pass Availability Calendar changed to Green just now for 7/15 for Resort Guests, and I changed our PPR from Epcot to a HS for my family! Moments after I made the change, the calendar switched back to Yellow. We're now set to visit every park on our stay from 7/12-7/17. If you're still trying to get HS, keep checking. I am guessing that some people are cancelling their plans. See you on Slinky Dog Dash!

Still planning on going. However, I'm in Texas, which is looking stupid too. So, it's not as big of a risk for us. I don't know if Florida is reporting hospitalization numbers or not, but I thought there's was lower than Texas. If Disney closes, then I don't think we would go, even though we have a UO trip for a few days before and a non-refundable DVC rental. I feel a little better since we are driving and can bail whenever we want.

Will be going 7/10 to 7/16, staying at Pop. Will be bringing Gel and Spray Sanitizer, about 10 Cloth masks per party member and about 60 disposable as back ups and a container of Lysol wipes for each backpack being brought into the park. Vitamins will be packed as well (Vitamin D!) and we are debating how to handle QS vs TS. Overall I know many folks think we are crazy for going, but our small state (Mississippi) is doing just as poorly relative to population size and nobody bats an eye going out to restaurants and the mall out here with no masks. Caution was thrown to the wind in my state when we reopened early and employers forced us to come back from remote work just because they missed us having a physical presence in the office (office doesn't deal with any customers in person).

Just received the email this morning our magic bands have shipped! I Have ordered a gazillion of those paper disposable surgical masks---masks have been required in our state for most counties for quite awhile now so I'm pretty use to them---although I realize the Florida heat and humidity will take some adjustment--We do usually go to Disney during the summer so we are aware of the conditions---We'll also be bringing, wipes and lot's of sanitizer. We'll also be doing a 14 day quarantine upon returning, and realize we are lucky we have the option to work from home.

Last edited:
I'm a Texan and my main worry is getting sick here (unknowingly) and having it manifest there. There is a shortage of tests in my city (and testing here takes several days to get results, anyway), so it's not like I can check right before I go.

I will feel safe at Disney World with all of their precautions. We're not high risk (if we were, we'd never even consider traveling anywhere at all), but being sick away from home right now would be difficult logistically, in addition to ruining our trip.

We originally were going to start our trip with a few days at a Universal resort & visit their water park, but I cancelled that as I became too concerned we might get sick there. We're going to spend our whole time in Florida within the Disney gates: Polynesian & Four Seasons, and I do feel comfortable with their cleanliness and precautions.

I'm a Texan and my main worry is getting sick here (unknowingly) and having it manifest there. There is a shortage of tests in my city (and testing here takes several days to get results, anyway), so it's not like I can check right before I go.

I will feel safe at Disney World with all of their precautions. We're not high risk (if we were, we'd never even consider traveling anywhere at all), but being sick away from home right now would be difficult logistically, in addition to ruining our trip.

We originally were going to start our trip with a few days at a Universal resort & visit their water park, but I cancelled that as I became too concerned we might get sick there. We're going to spend our whole time in Florida within the Disney gates: Polynesian & Four Seasons, and I do feel comfortable with their cleanliness and precautions.

We are skipping a gathering tonight just to avoid being around people we haven’t seen in a awhile for this very reason. DD that is going with me will watch a movie with me tonight while the rest of our family go enjoy some fireworks with friends. We do still have the risk of them bringing something home, but we can’t live in total isolation. Here’s to hoping the calculation works. :)

We are due to arrive July 18. I am on the fence. I work in healthcare so my exposure is more at work than anywhere else, but at the same time I can control what precautions mt staff and patients are taking (masks required, had washing, limited capacity, screens everywhere, etc). I can't control comlpliance of crowds at Disney. All it takes is for one person not wearing a mask to cough as I walk by them or worse in the same room as them. I'm probably going to make the call literally a day or two before we leave.

Florida reported another 9,500 cases this morning. If this trend continues every day, I can't see it being remotely safe to travel there.
Florida is a big state with a large population. It's not the same as a state the physical size of Connecticut reporting those numbers, or a state with the population of Kansas reporting those numbers. Those numbers are statewide, not just in Orlando.

Travel is never completely safe in terms of illness. The risk is always there. High risk people should naturally stay at home right now. Nothing wrong with those of us who are not high risk getting on with our lives. Life offers no guarantees, but it is to be lived.

I am shocked that people are considering putting themselves and especially their kids at risk. I honestly don’t get it.

I am shocked that people are considering putting themselves and especially their kids at risk. I honestly don’t get it.

I would be worried to go, but also be embarrassed to be in the press photos of people going next week also. You know those are going to end up everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter