POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We made Reservations in January before all the bad news and our dates just happen to start on JULY 11!!!!

Definitely going to be there for 2 of the most historical days in the history of WDW!
We happen to have reservations starting July 11th too! We haven't received any of the emails though stating that we will have access to the reservation system. Have you?

Don’t worry too much about it. I have several resort stays booked in July, no emails here. Some people just don’t get emails, for reasons unknown except for Disney’s IT gremlins. 😕
Thank you! This actually does make me feel better as I've been scouring these boards trying to figure out who is getting the emails versus who is not.

Thank you! This actually does make me feel better as I've been scouring these boards trying to figure out who is getting the emails versus who is not.

Yeah, it’s always a mystery whenever Disney mass emails are concerned, no matter the topic. Happens every time there’s some sort of mass communication event like AP previews or similar. People spend tons of time and posts trying to figure out who gets emails and who doesn’t, but answers are always elusive. This one is acting no different based on reports, it seems.

Booked from 7/4 to 7/10. We have annual passes, hoping they may have AP previews. We have Droid Depot and Savi's booked during that time and at least so far they haven't been cancelled. I thought all activity reservations were supposed to have been cancelled?

Hi Surr - Are you still going? Are you concerned about a lack of dining establishments open? I am wanting to go down via DVC for 2 nights 7/5 an 7/6 but with the parks being closed I wonder if there will be resort dining? Your thoughts?

After much consternation, we're out. Had just rescheduled a trip from late May to late July. I understand the need for all the reservation cancellations, and the prospect of a less-crowded park is appealing, but Disney is just releasing info too slowly (and then withdrawing it, e.g. hotel opening dates) for me to have confidence that there isn't another shoe to drop (sorry, your hotel is no longer available) or that their new reservation system won't fubar. (They have enough trouble sending email in a timely, consistent manner...)

I talked to a CM this afternoon and she recommended checking back in about 4 hours concerning resort changes? That was weird:( she just said that they are updating as quickly as possible 🥺

Okay It just got weirder, my resort reservation just disappeared:( never mind they’re still there, I’m losing it 😬

Last edited:
Again, totally unscientific poll and less than 200 responses so no one should take any of this as anything but just chatter, but the percentages are still relatively stable:

48% Going
28% Cancelled
24% Undecided (13% favoring going / 11% favoring cancelling)

Let’s say those favoring going/cancelling follow through on their feeling, that’s roughly 60% that will still go / 40% that have cancelled/will cancel.

I personally thought it’d be more 50/50, if not flipped, but that may just reflect fan bias that you get on sites like this. Or maybe those unwilling to go with park restrictions/limited offerings in place are more vocal around the DIS than folks who are still happy to go with the flow with whatever Disney has in mind.

Anyway, thanks for logging your vote!

Don’t worry too much about it. I have several resort stays booked in July, no emails here. Some people just don’t get emails, for reasons unknown except for Disney’s IT gremlins. 😕
Definitely-same thing with Mickey Monitor-sometimes we get it other times we do not.

We have a split stay for 12 nights from 7/23-8/3 with 10-day park hopper+. This was what we consider a 'long trip', so more expensive. I have still not canceled and am waiting to see how things progress.

The uncertainty of water parks and shorter park hours are big cons for us. Also now that Disney has extended the expiration for our tickets to 9/2021 that makes it easier to reschedule.

My family "says" they won't be bothered by masks. But I'm waiting for us to get some really hot days here and go on a few walks before I believe them. We go every year or two so we don't mind less experience within reason. So we hold out to our reservations and go through the process and make a decision as we learn more. We are due to leave home (we are planning to drive for the first time) 10 days after the first parks open and I just don't know if we will get enough information to make a good decision.

But even a bad day at Disney is a good day.

We want to travel somewhere, so if not Disney where? We are considering making a shorter trip and just keeping our second reservation of the split stay. Or hitting some other Orlando parks that due to their size seem to be more operational. Lots of thoughts.

@GADisneyDad14 I have a split stay AKL CL Cash 7/16-19 and Poly DVC Points 7/19-24. I picked Yes DVC just based on days of stay. We currently have flights, and a backup Pop reservation for the cash AKL stay in case CL is done and dusted. We may end up pushing the flights and drive down which would affect our cash stay, go originally as planned with the flight and either rely on Magical Express / Disney Transport or rent a car, or cancel if after all the details are out there it isn't worth it. The Poly points we're on have some banked points and borrowed points to clear the account, which now could be useful and stay away until next year on borrowed points, or as late as 2023 on banking points depending on the state of everything.

Hi Surr - Are you still going? Are you concerned about a lack of dining establishments open? I am wanting to go down via DVC for 2 nights 7/5 an 7/6 but with the parks being closed I wonder if there will be resort dining? Your thoughts?
For now, we are still going. Very concerned about a lot of things at this point. If we can/could move our reservations out a couple of weeks later it might be better. Somewhere I saw Disney reference perhaps opening earlier for affinity days. If that happens and we qualified I would feel better about it. Our reservations are for club level, so I am assuming the lounge will be available and stocked, but that may be a bad assumption.

That's interesting! Maybe we won't be able to get in. That's my fear! We have tickets as well but no communication so far.

I have also not received anything stating that I will have first priority in reservations being an AP holder. That said, Disney has been sending me emails regarding cancelled dining reservations. They all (except 1) disappeared 3-4 days ago, and each day I'm receiving an email or 2 for each specific reservation that was cancelled. The only one I don't think I've gotten yet is for Cinderella's Royal Table (and subsequent $390 I prepaid!), but I am remaining calm for now. If I don't see that money go back on my card in the next week or so, I'll call, but for now, I'm rolling with it!

Going. As long as we have a place to stay, I guess. CSR-GDT-CL 7/25-8/01. Would be nice to know if we will be able to get into the parks. Have salute tickets linked to MDE, but we used them to make FP for our late June trip (which is still in the system) and has not been canceled - also GDT. Not really sure if that means that we have a ticket or not.

Still trending solidly in the 46% going / 29% not going / 25% undecided camp. If the undecideds go with their gut, it would be roughly 60% going / 40% not going.

I'm not really blaming Disney for this situation - it's incredibly complicated to deal with I'm sure - but I'm ready for more info so I can stop being in the 25% undecided camp. :surfweb:

I had voted, "undetermined, but leaning toward cancelling"...and still leaning that way...I keep going back and forth on whether or not to cancel our upcoming reservation scheduled for July 19th. I'm mostly hung up on whether I'll be able to handle walking around 24/7 with that mask on in that heat and humidity...If I'm really only able to take it off when I'm "dining in a restaurant"...how strict do you think they'll be---Like... will there be certain areas where you can have a coke and popcorn and you're good without a mask?...ugh...I know that might sound trivial...but I'm worried this could be the deal breaker---don't get me wrong---I get the safety issue here---I just don't know if with the humidity if I could literally breathe with that on the whole time? And wouldn't the mask be wet from the heat and humidity too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!