POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to change to a dvc rented points reservation. So I don't have to worry so much about my reservation being cancelled or moved. We were in all star movies for 5 nights. Now we are doing a split stay at boardwalk in a studio and my sister will be joining us part of the time and we will be in a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Kidani.

Months ago I said I wouldn't go at all because of the mask requirement that I knew was coming. And I am not going to get into it here, but I still have a terrible attitude about the mask thing as I feel it is both dangerous just straight up disgusting to require them outside in that heat. Indoors and on transportation- I get it. But it's Disney's rule and I will abide by it. Anyways, we are DVC/Platinum AP. I had CSR booked April 1-5. Moved that to April 21-26, cancelled. My June 3-6 Birthday trip planned last year at Copper Creek- cancelled. So, DURING the press conference last Wednesday I moved my June trip to July 30-August 2nd at Boardwalk. At this point I just need to get out of my house. I will deal with the masks - and if I have to I will spend more time at the pool or my villa's balcony. I don't think the relaxation/cool zones will do anything. Who wants to put a sweaty, contaminated mask back on their face? Gross.

We do our big annual trip every year at Labor Day. I can live without fireworks and dining reservations and (for now) park hopping. But I need bars/lounges and I don't want to spend a whole day standing in lines. So whatever system they are prepping- let's see it. Depending on how bad our July experience is, I may modify the length of our September trip. As of now we are at the Polynesian for 8 nights, and Beach Club for 2. I booked BC because of F&W and Storm-a-long Bay. If that's closed, I can't see myself wasting the points. At that point I have enough saved points to spend like 3 weeks at WDW next year.

My 16 yr old son and I booked a last-minute trip the day before they announced the reopening plan. July 13-16 at Pop with quick service dining, park hopper, FPs. Our dining package has been cancelled and credited. Our FPs have been cancelled. It sounds like park hopper prolly won't work with park reservation process which is yet to be revealed. We're still planning on going and are kind of excited to be part of the test case. Wondering if we're going to get cancelled or upgraded if Pop is not one of the resorts available at open.

My TA heard from a colleague Re: one of her customers with reservations in October. The TA checked the reservation in MDE and the resort had been switched from Caribbean Beach to Animal Kingdom.

We're hopeful we might get an upgrade too. Wish us luck.

We are booked at BLT July 16-21. Definitely going. Flights are booked. Waiting (impatiently) for my email from Disney to reserve park days!

**Updated**
Cancelled 😣 my friends who were going with me are first timers and don’t want a Disney-lite experience for their first visit. Rescheduled to December...
but I will be visiting in September with my sister after our Disney Cruise.

Last edited:

We will be going. My youngest is two years old, so it's the last time he'll be free for any all you can eat meals (if they exist) and not need any tickets. We are booked for 9 nights at AKL in a 1 bed villa (7/30-8/8) which we've never stayed at before so really looking forward to that. We drive so don't have to deal with flying.

I really hope the water parks open up for at least some of our trip as our two oldest kids love them, and we only have four day park hopper plus tickets right now. We can't add days to our tickets at the moment. I assume this will change, but without water parks and such a long trip--it'll be a problem if it doesn't.

Masks won't be much fun although I wear one all day at work anyway. There's no way my two year old will wear one all day, and my seven year old won't wear one properly all day no matter how hard I try. We'll try, but I do wonder how they are going to enforce this with very small children. I mean, many (most?) are still in diapers at that age. All day masking is not realistic.
Hi! Trying to say this as gently as possible, because I know it will be disappointing. We are huge water parks fans too and going in July, so I totally can related to the disappointment that it has been posted in the Hub (the intranet for Disney CMs) that they water parks will NOT be open.

Also, based on the information posted in the Disney website and what has been enforced at Disney Springs, if your child will not wear a mask you will be asked by the "Distancing Squad" to go to the areas where you can take a "break" from your mask. These are designated areas away from the rest of the action, that are not in the rides, restaurants, etc., where you can sit down and take your masks and be distanced. You will need to have everyone 2 years and up wear your mask in the parks, walkways, rides, lines, etc. I remember when my kids were younger and this would have been super hard, so I completely understand. But, what we are hearing is that during the first few months, they will be completely enforcing their rules. They have reached agreements with the unions to protect the CMs and they have the directives from the lawyers and they will be completely enforcing mask usage. They originally had said 3+ for masks and they recently changed it to 2+ for masks, so they will be very strict about this. If they were remotely thinking about being flexible, they would have allowed kids/toddlers to have masks be optional.

Again, totally unscientific and not something anyone should take as fact or representative of anything, but the latest on the poll results:

Going - 48%
Not Going - 27%
Undecided - 25%

If you break down those Going vs Not Going by guest type, you see the rather obvious difference in resort and DVC guest plans:
Resort Guest - 55% Going / 45% Not Going
DVC Guest - 79% Going / 21% Not Going

The overall results are still trending around the same %'s:
Going or Leaning Towards Going - 63%
Not Going or Leaning Towards Not Going - 37%

We are from Canada, DVC members,AP holders. We are still planing to go on our July 26 -Aug 10 trip.... unless they extend the boarder closure policy. I am hoping for the smaller crowd. Since we already have the resort reservation and tickets, we probably will be able to get in the parks.

Hi! Trying to say this as gently as possible, because I know it will be disappointing. We are huge water parks fans too and going in July, so I totally can related to the disappointment that it has been posted in the Hub (the intranet for Disney CMs) that they water parks will NOT be open.

Also, based on the information posted in the Disney website and what has been enforced at Disney Springs, if your child will not wear a mask you will be asked by the "Distancing Squad" to go to the areas where you can take a "break" from your mask. These are designated areas away from the rest of the action, that are not in the rides, restaurants, etc., where you can sit down and take your masks and be distanced. You will need to have everyone 2 years and up wear your mask in the parks, walkways, rides, lines, etc. I remember when my kids were younger and this would have been super hard, so I completely understand. But, what we are hearing is that during the first few months, they will be completely enforcing their rules. They have reached agreements with the unions to protect the CMs and they have the directives from the lawyers and they will be completely enforcing mask usage. They originally had said 3+ for masks and they recently changed it to 2+ for masks, so they will be very strict about this. If they were remotely thinking about being flexible, they would have allowed kids/toddlers to have masks be optional.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to talk with my husband. We may do some off site stuff like the Kennedy Space Center and the beach for a couple of days.

We may also wait to see what the feedback is like from the mid to late July guests and make some decisions after that. And to see what kind of park time reservations we get and what kind of ADRs becomes available. As of now, our plan is to go.

Booked originally for May, now changed twice and current reservation July 26-30 at Coronado Springs. Leaning towards cancelling. This was to be college grad trip for my son. With his new job starting Aug 3, it is unlikely to rebook this year. I am curious to see if our Coronado Springs reservation is moved, and moved to which resort first.

I can't seem to find any info about Sun & Fun Discount still being applied to reservations when they change. Booked for 7/25-8/1 at POR with that discount. Does anyone have any idea if they are offering discounts? I think this will be the determining factor for us. We are at the least, annual visitors and have never paid rack rate unless it's for free dining. So bummed with the waiting! Disney has "trained" me to plan everything out months in advance so this is so difficult! :eeyore:

APH, split stay. 1 to 12 YC, 12 to 19 YC CL. ESTA in place, British Airways flights still showing as scheduled. I managed to pick up some DS restaurant reservations on OT. I ‘just’ need the US to open borders and the U.K. FCO advisory to be lifted.
Is the cancellation date for US booked room only reservations still 7 days? If so 23 June will be decision day for me. If I cancel WDW reservation and then US opens borders and U.K. FCO lifts advisory between 23 and 30 June, be prepared to hear a scream! 😂
I feel your pain-not only did I miss a June 19-24 Disney trip that was cancelled, I missed a June 2-14 England/Scotland/Wales//Ireland trip that got cancelled-my first one. I was supposed to cross over from Wales to Ireland on a ferry Tuesday. I'll get there yet! (Disney and the UK!) The old Beatlemaniac is bummed!

My DH and I are in the same boat ... We are going unless Disney forces us not to. We have had a miserable track record with traveling as of late. My birthday trip to WDW was canceled due to hurricane Dorian back in September. We rebooked for March, and that was obviously canceled. We rebooked with free dining for end of June, which I canceled yesterday since the parks won't be open. At this point, it feels like something in the universe that doesn't want me to be at my happy place! We are booked July 27 - Aug 1 at POP and are so worried we are going to get canceled again.

Just changed our vote again- first it was going, then undecided, now cancelling for our July 18-24 trip. We scheduled it way back last summer and wanted to make it work since we bought APs last summer with the idea of going twice in a year. But as our state’s COVID cases are significantly dropping despite more testing, Florida’s just keep rising. With one son that has respiratory issues, another on the autism spectrum who struggles with sensory things like masks, and my dad being high risk with diabetes, we just can’t risk it. I’m very disappointed, but we’ll be back a different year when it’s safer and more magical.

I have a stay booked June 28-July 3rd, POP. I was just waiting for Disney to cancel it. But yesterday, I got an email about my upcoming reservation and the email asked me to choose one of three options, (1) I plan to come, (2) I plan to modify reservation, (3) I plan to cancel. And the email stated I have until June 12 to make my selection. So, I guess Disney sent these out to all people listed with resort stays in July that were already booked to get an estimate on how many people will be there. Maybe to figure out how many resorts they need to open. It says I have to call to modify the reservation. They only listed the FW and the Disney Villa Club resorts in the details about what to expect regarding resorts. It does not say if I will have to pay for upgrade or what. It just states I need to call Disney to modify, nothing can be done online.

Has anyone else received this email?

I have a stay booked June 28-July 3rd, POP. I was just waiting for Disney to cancel it. But yesterday, I got an email about my upcoming reservation and the email asked me to choose one of three options, (1) I plan to come, (2) I plan to modify reservation, (3) I plan to cancel. And the email stated I have until June 12 to make my selection. So, I guess Disney sent these out to all people listed with resort stays in July that were already booked to get an estimate on how many people will be there. Maybe to figure out how many resorts they need to open. It says I have to call to modify the reservation. They only listed the FW and the Disney Villa Club resorts in the details about what to expect regarding resorts. It does not say if I will have to pay for upgrade or what. It just states I need to call Disney to modify, nothing can be done online.

You're in that window where they will move you to a DVC property for no extra charge if you do not change your dates. If you modify your dates, you pay rack rate for whatever resort you choose. Just check the appropriate box for you and it will lead you through the steps you need to take. Some people are getting amazing upgrades, just read one who got moved from POP I believe to a 3br villa- amazing, but the downside of course is the parks aren't open. At any rate, just follow the instructions laid out in the email.

So here's the quick answer: If you answer 1, you get moved to a DVC / FW Cabin no charge. Some people hit upgrades that are similar in size, and one person on this board ended up going from a value class room to a 3BR Grand Villa in Saratoga. What you get is random and there is no choice. The good news is after you do this you can still cancel your trip. If you're iffy on keeping it might as well roll the dice and see what you get. If you answer 2, you have to pay whatever prevailing rate is for that date of stay and hotel, which could be significantly more than what you're paying for your current trip. If you answer 3, you just cancel. No recovery offers, nothing else, thanks for playing have a great day.

So my suggestion is if you're thinking about 3 you might as well try 1 and see what you get before ultimately cancelling. May the odds be ever in your favor, and good luck!

My dates are for July 1-5 at AoA in a Little Mermaid room and I received the email on Saturday. I was just waiting for Disney to cancel and hoping for a recovery offer. I'm now on hold with Disney to see what DVC we are offered. I'm willing to go without parks for an upgrade! Fingers crossed! Say a prayer that we get a great upgrade! I'll update when I get through. The recording said that the wait would be at least an hour.

**Update** I was on wait around 1 hour and 45 minutes. The Cast Member was so nice. I was not on her "grid of 5 billion reservations" and someone from another Team will call me back in 24-48 hours. She said my reservation was fine. She could see it. It just wasn't in her grid and she can only help with what is in her grid. I'll update when I get a return call. I had a package with tickets and Deluxe Dining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter