Poll: Reserved a trip but DH refuses to go without Fastpasses and me without a vaccine.

If you have made a reservation for 2021, will you go to WDW without a vaccine or fastpasses(pick 2)?

• Total voters

disneypharm

DIS Veteran
Moderator: Please move or close if this type of post is not relevant to this forum:
Our May trip was cancelled by Disney. It would have been our longest trip for our 30th anniversary, DD's college graduation, and DH's birthday. After finally getting all our money back for DVC rentals, airline tickets, APs (our first time), and DDs 10-day passes, we have been hoping to get back some time in 2021.

I received a pin code for 35% a couple of days ago and made a reservation for a week in early June 2021, but DH refuses to go back without Fastfasses. I also don't know if I want to go back without a Covid-19 vaccine, so we may cancel our trip the closer it gets to that time. I know a lot of people have already gone back recently, but with the recent news of huge crowds, I am not sure if it will be enjoyable to go without fastpasses or safe without a vaccine.

So, I was wondering what people are really planning to do. Hence my poll! Note: I have never created a poll, so hopefully, it works. Please pick 2 (one vaccine and one fastpasses). Oh, and please post why you picked it.

Last edited:
Fps give the illusion of getting on a ride more quickly. That may or may not be true depending on the specific ride, crowd size, and other variables. I've been to the parks once already without fast passes and was very happy with the crowd control. In terms of a vaccine, there's a vaccine for the flu and less than 1/2 country gets it, but we go places and do things. If a person doesn't feel "safe", that's a personal choice, so my opinion on that is irrelevant. You have to do what is right for you on that front. Like I've said, I've been to the parks once and am returning in 3 weeks.

I would still go even without a vaccine AND without FPs because:
1. I’m willing to accept the risk of getting sick.
2. WDW takes park health and safety more seriously than anybody these days.
3. I’m impressed with how they’ve handled their reopening.
4. You can still manage your day such that you can get plenty of rides in.
5. WITH FP, stand by wait times will actually go up.

I am totally unconcerned about the virus - it will be around for years, we can either hide or live our lives.

Everyone is on equal footing with no FPs. Hopefully the rides get back to a higher capacity soon. Imagine how quickly lines would move with rides being loaded fully and no FP holding things up!

Even under the optimistic assumption a safe/effective covid vaccine gets approved, it will likely take most of 2021 to vaccinate all of the USA. There are huge logistical, manufacturing and distribution issues to be resolved. One of the vaccines being tested requires cold storage at a much lower temperature then the typical freezer, another requires 2 injections 30 days apart. Covid is a highly contagious disease far more serious then the flu. Ignoring reality doesn't make you immune. You and your family are the only ones who can decide what is right for you.

I am totally unconcerned about the virus - it will be around for years, we can either hide or live our lives.

Everyone is on equal footing with no FPs. Hopefully the rides get back to a higher capacity soon. Imagine how quickly lines would move with rides being loaded fully and no FP holding things up!

This echos my stance perfectly.

OP here. Thank you all for responding to my thread.
Since this thread was moved to a different forum, I am hoping that you get to see my response. I am a bit surprised about the result of the poll with majority of people not cancelling without a vaccine. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the post was on a Disney site under a theme park attractions. I wonder if most people on this thread are either locals or annual pass holders, and they are already going to the parks. Maybe if I added "if the Covid-19 levels staying the same" in the polls (83,000 new cases just on Friday), it would have made a difference! Maybe most people think things will definitely get better by June! I guess I am a bit hesitant to go since my dear uncle passed away from Covid-19 back in July and haven't seen my elderly parents without a mask since March. As someone mentioned earlier, "you and your family are the only ones who can decide what is right for you.". Once again, thank you all for letting me know how you feel.

I’ve been without the fast passes. I’ll go again but if I didn’t already have DVC and an AP, I wouldn’t spend the money right now.

OP here. Thank you all for responding to my thread.
Since this thread was moved to a different forum, I am hoping that you get to see my response. I am a bit surprised about the result of the poll with majority of people not cancelling without a vaccine. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the post was on a Disney site under a theme park attractions. I wonder if most people on this thread are either locals or annual pass holders, and they are already going to the parks. Maybe if I added "if the Covid-19 levels staying the same" in the polls (83,000 new cases just on Friday), it would have made a difference! Maybe most people think things will definitely get better by June! I guess I am a bit hesitant to go since my dear uncle passed away from Covid-19 back in July and haven't seen my elderly parents without a mask since March. As someone mentioned earlier, "you and your family are the only ones who can decide what is right for you.". Once again, thank you all for letting me know how you feel.

We have a trip planned for July 2021, since we are sitting over $2000 worth of tickets that now expire Sept 2021. But everything is tentative and likely to remain so for some time. We'd consider going even without a vaccine if COVID numbers go down and appropriate precautions remain in place, but there will be many variables in that decision. Similarly, we'll go even without FP if the overall prospects for an enjoyable trip are good (considering overall wait times, crowd levels, what is open, etc.), but if it looks like a disaster waiting to happen we won't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter