Poly is 100% Declared

And that means fewer available for cash stays through Disney Reservation Center, unless Polynesian owners are trading out for the Disney Collection. And a lot more competition for the studios with vacant bungalows.

And that means fewer available for cash stays through Disney Reservation Center, unless Polynesian owners are trading out for the Disney Collection. And a lot more competition for the studios with vacant bungalows.
Do you think that they might do a reallocation of points with the studios and bungalows at some point? Those bungalows are some serious point grabbers.

My bet is that they create a third category studios to create Lake, Preferred and Standard, and make most of Tokelau Preferred.

Wow! We just bought a small ad-on last week. We had no idea it was that close to being declared. I guess our timing was good.

IMO, any reallocation due to low demand for the bungalows is years away.

PVB is not sold out, DVD just declared the last of the points so all 360 studios and 20 bungalows can be booked by DVC members. Although it is highly likely that PVB will probably sell out this year.

My bet is that they create a third category studios to create Lake, Preferred and Standard, and make most of Tokelau Preferred.

Maybe not a popular opinion, but we hope they do. We don't always want Lake view, but standard makes us nervous about the dreaded Pago Pago parking lot. Enjoying the balcony is an important part of our stay, and direct parking lot view is just not our idea of a "tropical resort." I'd love a category that's fewer points than Lake View, but takes out the parking lot risk.

I know it won't happen, but I'd group the studios like this:
  • Lake View - 2nd and 3rd floor Moorea (lake side) + some of the end units in Tokelau
  • Standard View - Pago Pago parking lot and Tokelau rooms that face the back of the pool building
  • Garden View - everything else

Last edited:
We have stayed with a second floor studio and enjoyed the room layout and the view. We had also booked a lake view studio for our friends, and they got ground floor. Luckily, they enjoyed our view.

I was considering a change to Poly for an upcoming visit, but the point cost is so much higher than BCV where we are staying, I will pass. In general I prefer a pool over a great view, and SAB beats whatever they have at the Poly IMO. I am glad that we did stay there, Dole whip on site is worth something as well!:)

I didn't think they could create a new category unless it's already in the master declaration. Or, maybe like at BWV, they could create a new category but they'd have to keep the points the same. So a Lake view and a Garden view that cost the same. That doesn't seem like a popular idea to me.

I didn't think they could create a new category unless it's already in the master declaration. Or, maybe like at BWV, they could create a new category but they'd have to keep the points the same. So a Lake view and a Garden view that cost the same. That doesn't seem like a popular idea to me.

They created a preferred category at SSR.

:earsboy: Bill

Do you think that they might do a reallocation of points with the studios and bungalows at some point? Those bungalows are some serious point grabbers.
IMO it's inevitable but it'll likely be 5-7 yrs and 10 yrs wouldn't surprise me. They need to sell out and get 3-4 yrs worth of demand data. Then it'll take a year to finalize the chart changes and another year to post them in advance.

As noted, yes, booking categories have been created at BWV & OKW after the fact as well as SSR but OKW wasn't a reallocation.

I don't own there but I wouldn't hate a 3rd option either. The standard view rooms reallly vary from the dreaded parking lot views to garden views to (imo better) pool view. We requested Tokelau but ended up in Pago Pago but luckily still had a garden view, which was fine. I'd pay a little more to guarantee that.

Compare poly to GFV, where we do own, and the standard views there are all reasonably decent except for a few rooms on the second floor with a roof view!

I really think it will matter on how well Disney CRO can book cash reservations for some of the bungalows. I can use DVC using the points it will continue to own, 2% or higher, for bungalow cash stays. The 2% represents 80,600 points which would be a lot of nights in a bungalow at a large return for DVC.

I really think it will matter on how well Disney CRO can book cash reservations for some of the bungalows. I can use DVC using the points it will continue to own, 2% or higher, for bungalow cash stays. The 2% represents 80,600 points which would be a lot of nights in a bungalow at a large return for DVC.
The 2% they retain isn't mainly for rental, it's mainly for maintenance and other issues. Weeks timeshares normally sell 51 weeks for the same reason. Rentals will come from points members trade in, points not yet sold, ROFR acquired points and anything they keep above 2%. That's not to say that a tiny amount of 2% won't find it's way to rental but it's not the main purpose of the retained points by any means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter