• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly resort view room vs poly deluxe villa room

Jackiethemermaid

Earning My Ears
i have a family of 5 (7, 4, and 9 months) and having a hard time making my final decision on a room.

the prices are exactly the same.

are the pull down wall beds in the villas as comfortable as the normal beds?
if they aren't, its deciding between the comfort of the bed vs the extra bathroom in the villas.

location doesn't bother me so its really just deciding on the room itself.

The murphy beds are very comfortable - I believe they're the same mattress now that they switched to those from pullouts. Having the extra sink and shower was very nice - especially if you have your little ones taking a bath in the tub. Can do some more divide/conquer when getting ready or settling in for the night...

Having done the 4+baby stay at the Poly villas several times, with kids about that age, I recommend it. The pull-down bed above the sofa is great, the kids fight over who gets the smaller box bed anyway, and critically: you can fit the pack-and-play in that shower room to give the baby some quiet privacy while everybody else is still awake. It made our trip withs the baby MUCH easier.

location doesn't bother me so its really just deciding on the room itself.
Depending on the timing of your trip, it potentially should--if you're planning on going before next year, booking a current DVC studio will guarantee you will be on the side of the resort totally unaffected by the construction, but there are resort view rooms on the cash side that look out on the site and you could potentially end up in one. That alone would sway me to the villas, but I would also imagine the extra bathroom would be very useful.

I'm probably the opposite of most the opinions so far. I'd go for the cash-side, resort-view room. The only reason it sways me more is that we our people that unpack our bags and the DVC rooms don't have a ton of storage as it's taken up by the single pull-down bed in the "dresser". But we also don't have 3 kids. The 2 bathrooms in the DVC room would likely be a huge benefit for a larger group of 5.

Depending on the timing of your trip, it potentially should--if you're planning on going before next year, booking a current DVC studio will guarantee you will be on the side of the resort totally unaffected by the construction, but there are resort view rooms on the cash side that look out on the site and you could potentially end up in one. That alone would sway me to the villas, but I would also imagine the extra bathroom would be very useful.
late September so i imagine there would still be some construction. 10 years ago i stayed at poly for my honeymoon and the cherry picker was parked outside our balcony the entire time :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter