POLYNESIAN LUAU

PeterPanFan74

Earning My Ears
I have mixed feelings on this because we are such picky eaters. Is it worth it just for the entreatment if we eat very little here? One of these years I will make it to hawaii, but always wanted to go to a Luau.

We went to the Luau last year for the first time and did enjoy it, but it isn't something we feel like we need to do again. The first half of the show is REALLY hokey and is pretty terrible really, but then they take a break and serve desert and when the show starts back up again, it is actual Hawaiian entertainment such as Hula Dancers and Fire Twirlers and such.

If you really don't think you will like the food, then I would probably skip it.

I would agree with DisneyHardin on this one. If you plan to get to Hawaii (or French Polynesia) at some point and you don't think you will like the food at Spirit of Aloha at Poly, I would skip it. I agree with PP's take on the show, plus the sight lines from some of the tables is not very good. If you are interested in doing a dinner show at WDW, I would take a look at Hoop Dee Doo Revue instead.

I booked the Luau once just so we could experience it. My husband doesn't eat pork(unless it's bacon) and he doesn't like chicken unless it's fried :rolleyes2, so this was probably not the best choice of restaurants. Well, our server was so nice. She said, "This meal is too expensive for him to not eat I've got a suprise." She brought him the biggest piece of steak I've ever seen. I was jealous lol....and by the looks on others faces everyone else was too. Needless to say she got a big tip, and we probably will never return just because the show wasn't good enough to pick up the slack of the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter