Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Connecting rooms is not guaranteed but DVC has said that they will make it the highest priority when assigning rooms, especially if kids are involved.

To date, I’ve never heard of anybody being denied the request. And I think that’d be big news here.

Thank you so much. I scoured the boards for anyone reporting this request being denied and didn't find anything so felt reasonably assured prior to moving forward. This anecdote is helpful and reassuring and I really appreciate the help!

Connecting rooms is not guaranteed but DVC has said that they will make it the highest priority when assigning rooms, especially if kids are involved.

To date, I’ve never heard of anybody being denied the request. And I think that’d be big news here.

It has been reported here of not receiving the connecting room request.

Can anyone comment on the "connected studios" option, and what availability is like at 7 months?

Just returned from our first visit to Disney and stayed in a 1BR at OKW. considering buying at poly.

See my comment above that there has been at least one report of not receiving the connecting room. And DIS boards is a small subsection of DVC owners so it's likely it's occurred more than once.

I haven’t seen it and as an owner at Poly, that’s a topic that would interest me.

I think connecting rooms should be a booking category.

It was reported right after I made the same comment on another thread - that I had never seen it reported before.

Went and found the thread as I was thinking there were a couple reporting that - and there were.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...connected-rooms-at-pvb.3635165/#post-58319107

Only 11 people responded to the poll but 2 of those 11 did not receive connecting rooms.
I didn’t see that thread or dismissed it because the two reports in thread were:

1. Asking to connect Lake View with Standard which isn’t possible based on configuration, and,

2. Wanting a partial lake view as first request with connecting room as second request.

I DO think connecting rooms are going to be matched much more often than not.

I didn’t see that thread or dismissed it because the two reports in thread were:

1. Asking to connect Lake View with Standard which isn’t possible based on configuration, and,

2. Wanting a partial lake view as first request with connecting room as second request.

I DO think connecting rooms are going to be matched much more often than not.

And that is evidenced by the low number of reports but still it has happened and will again I'm sure.

I guess that you investigated further on the two reports because I do not see the information you reference to dismiss the reports. The one comment I take as referencing the most frequent requested view so indicating that's very unlikely, not that it was what happened to them. And I don't see anything on requesting a lakeview connecting to a standard view. In any case I don't believe that requesting connecting will come lower than anything that happens to be listed first.

I’m sure some connecting rooms won’t match, but it’s probably gonna be rare.

But this is why I thought it should have been a booking category. Especially with no 1 & 2 BRs.

Imagine instead of a second bath if they alternated W/D and expanded “kitchens” in that space where those rooms connected together. You could book EITHER a W/D room, Expanded Kitchenette room, or guaranteed connecting of both. That would have been amazing!

I'm about to close on a Poly contract; happy to join.

We stayed in Tokelau on a cash res earlier this year; while our favorite is Wilderness Lodge, the CCV studios are too small. We also stayed at BLT, and while we enjoyed it and the wonderful walk to MK, Poly feels more central with the close TTC and I love Trader Sam's, the oasis pool and the oasis bar food. For times we want a 1br, we'll see if anything else is avail, otherwise we will try for connecting (not guaranteed) studios.

I'm about to close on a Poly contract; happy to join.

We stayed in Tokelau on a cash res earlier this year; while our favorite is Wilderness Lodge, the CCV studios are too small. We also stayed at BLT, and while we enjoyed it and the wonderful walk to MK, Poly feels more central with the close TTC and I love Trader Sam's, the oasis pool and the oasis bar food. For times we want a 1br, we'll see if anything else is avail, otherwise we will try for connecting (not guaranteed) studios.
One BRs tend to book last. Except for Fall Frenzy, they should be wide open at 7 months. At least for awhile.

Ok, officially have the points, no waitlist.

So, if you love it here, what do you love about it? I really enjoyed the oasis pool and hot tub. It was calm, my kids liked the pool, and the food was tasty. As were the drinks. This pic isn't from the pool, but along the beach.

IMG_1441.JPG

Ok, officially have the points, no waitlist.

So, if you love it here, what do you love about it? I really enjoyed the oasis pool and hot tub. It was calm, my kids liked the pool, and the food was tasty. As were the drinks. This pic isn't from the pool, but along the beach.

We love the atmosphere at Poly...it's so laid back plus the ability to get to MK via boat/monorail or Epcot at the TTC is awesome. We always go to Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast since it is my hubs' favorite and the ability to get a dole whip whenever I want is the best thing ever. Also being able to roll home after stuffing ourselves at Ohana can't be beat either.

IMG_3246.jpg Trader Sam's was a big hit for all of us. I can't wait to go back.

We love the atmosphere at Poly...it's so laid back plus the ability to get to MK via boat/monorail or Epcot at the TTC is awesome. We always go to Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast since it is my hubs' favorite and the ability to get a dole whip whenever I want is the best thing ever. Also being able to roll home after stuffing ourselves at Ohana can't be beat either.

The next time we go I will definitely try the tonga toast; it is on my list of to-dos! Have you done the in-room 'Ohana meal? I was thinking of trying that.

The next time we go I will definitely try the tonga toast; it is on my list of to-dos! Have you done the in-room 'Ohana meal? I was thinking of trying that.

I think the tonga toast is too sweet for me but my hubs LOVES it! I have not done the in-room Ohana meal since we love going to Ohana for the atmosphere.

I think the tonga toast is too sweet for me but my hubs LOVES it! I have not done the in-room Ohana meal since we love going to Ohana for the atmosphere.

I was thinking perhaps after a long day at the park it could be tempting to eat in my PJs, though, if given the option, ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter