Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

I think the tonga toast is too sweet for me but my hubs LOVES it! I have not done the in-room Ohana meal since we love going to Ohana for the atmosphere.

Couldn't agree more, it's super sweet. It's great though cut with some black coffee. And their coffee is amazing.

IMG_3262.jpg I loved this from the first floor store (sorry can't remember the name).

After thinking about buying since they started selling Poly we added on yesterday. Added 200 points. They are almost sold out so we had to go with April UY. We have June with our AKV points. I'm so excited. He said Poly points going up to 220 per point next month once it's officially sold out. Got great incentive but still a lot more than we paid for our AKV contract 10 years ago. I don't regret it one bit. This is my favorite resort and can't wait to use these points. BTW we got 2017 points and only had to pay 2 days worth of dues. Lol. So 400 points to use next year. Woohoo.

After thinking about buying since they started selling Poly we added on yesterday. Added 200 points. They are almost sold out so we had to go with April UY. We have June with our AKV points. I'm so excited. He said Poly points going up to 220 per point next month once it's officially sold out. Got great incentive but still a lot more than we paid for our AKV contract 10 years ago. I don't regret it one bit. This is my favorite resort and can't wait to use these points. BTW we got 2017 points and only had to pay 2 days worth of dues. Lol. So 400 points to use next year. Woohoo.

Congratulations! We also got April use year. Cheers to many magical and relaxing trips!

Just wanted to say hello to all and I'm glad I found this post. I was able to get in under the wire last year with a June UY, 30 direct points at the Polynesian to complement my 100 at Bay Lake. After reviewing the videos and photos I'm even more excited to stay here in a few months!

Just wanted to say hello to all and I'm glad I found this post. I was able to get in under the wire last year with a June UY, 30 direct points at the Polynesian to complement my 100 at Bay Lake. After reviewing the videos and photos I'm even more excited to stay here in a few months!
Welcome home, June Friend and fellow Poly Owner, welcome home! :yay:

Anyone else feeling a little bit nervous about booking studios during Dec during the 11 month window? I am looking to book later on in the month, right around Christmas so I know the higher point value may increase my odds of booking. I was just really surprised when I looked at the RAT this morning around 9ish that all standard studios were gone for 12/4.

Anyone else feeling a little bit nervous about booking studios during Dec during the 11 month window? I am looking to book later on in the month, right around Christmas so I know the higher point value may increase my odds of booking. I was just really surprised when I looked at the RAT this morning around 9ish that all standard studios were gone for 12/4.
People could be walking their reservations. I'm looking the weekend before Christmas. Looking at other resorts and studios most look booked already in December on the 2 3 and 4 but available the afterwards past the 4th.

People could be walking their reservations. I'm looking the weekend before Christmas. Looking at other resorts and studios most look booked already in December on the 2 3 and 4 but available the afterwards past the 4th.

I think we are booking the same weekend lol. I'm looking at the 22-27 and today gave me more hope when I signed in at 8:30 and there was still availability for both views.

I'm quite glad I booked our 1-8 when I did. I couldn't get the full 7 nights in standard view even on 1/2....now I see things are filling up. I'll be interested to continue to watch the trends. What I'm wondering is if this is the norm?

I notice that July-Nov was pretty wide open with exception of some specific nights. Does waitlist typically come through in those situations? I guess my perspective is different having to fly down and would never see myself staying for just one night.

I'm quite glad I booked our 1-8 when I did. I couldn't get the full 7 nights in standard view even on 1/2....now I see things are filling up. I'll be interested to continue to watch the trends. What I'm wondering is if this is the norm?

I think since Poly is now almost sold out, this may be the trend we will start to see. I can understand why people want to go during early December since the points/night are so much lower. It'll be interesting to see if this continues on when we enter into choice season instead of adventure though.

I think since Poly is now almost sold out, this may be the trend we will start to see. I can understand why people want to go during early December since the points/night are so much lower. It'll be interesting to see if this continues on when we enter into choice season instead of adventure though.
I am looking to go the couple days before Christmas since we are local (couple hours away). Hopefully it will not be as tight if everyone is looking to go early December. I logged in this morning at 830 and only lake view for the 5th of Dec.

I notice that July-Nov was pretty wide open with exception of some specific nights. Does waitlist typically come through in those situations? I guess my perspective is different having to fly down and would never see myself staying for just one night.

It's what I'd term the norm as it's following most other DVC resorts trend. Last year there had started to be a few dates that were gone fairly quickly once the 11 month window hit. As with all the other resorts I also expect it to ease - the first week of December is a bear to book for certain rooms, especially studios, but doesn't mean the entire month is.

We just returned from a NYE vacation at WDW and stayed at 3 different resorts. First the Boardwalk, then Poly (12/30 and 12/31), then Bay Lake Tower. While we were at the Poly, we splurged and got a Bungalow for the 2 nights. We really lucked out and got 7007 which is at the point. I took a video of the NYE fireworks from our Bungalow and it is posted below. The video doesn't do it justice, the show was just magnificent. I used a GoPro Sessions which was wide enough for the spectacle. My cell phone just wasn't wide angle enough. By the way, the lights at the bottom right are the Contemporary Resort and the Grand Floridian Resort is just out of view to the left. That is how big the firework were.

We just returned from a NYE vacation at WDW and stayed at 3 different resorts. First the Boardwalk, then Poly (12/30 and 12/31), then Bay Lake Tower. While we were at the Poly, we splurged and got a Bungalow for the 2 nights. We really lucked out and got 7007 which is at the point. I took a video of the NYE fireworks from our Bungalow and it is posted below. The video doesn't do it justice, the show was just magnificent. I used a GoPro Sessions which was wide enough for the spectacle. My cell phone just wasn't wide angle enough. By the way, the lights at the bottom right are the Contemporary Resort and the Grand Floridian Resort is just out of view to the left. That is how big the firework were.

Wow! What a treat! Some day I want to splurge on a bungalow at NYE or July 4th. It will take a lot to persuade my husband to do this, but maybe I can enlist the adults in the family to help nudge him along.... :scratchin

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter